+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not had the radiator on since November.

Not had the radiator on since November.

Life in 2022 for some, this country’s going backwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tical-policies

Re: Not had the radiator on since November.

We are lucky we are entering the warmer months now, but if prices rise again for winter then we are entering a very serious and I would suggest unprecedented crisis on heating costs that the government will simply have to come up with a radical solution for, akin to the support provided during Covid.

It is the case that some people do waste energy and sometimes blankets suffice, but proper heating is not just a lifestyle or comfort issue, it is absolutely imperitive to good health and keeping things like mould and damp at bay.

Some of the current rises may be manageable with a modest reduction in use, but if the prices rise again in October then like I said, something serious and radical will need to be done.

It's all part of the climate change agenda and it's been on the WEF website for ages, and no, it's not a conspiracy theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's all part of the climate change agenda and it's been on the WEF website for ages, and no, it's not a conspiracy theory!
    Climate change agenda?

Very rarely have the heating on longer than a few hours , must be my background of living as a child with no : central heating , double glazing, loft insulation, with drafty doors and windows , and the world was a lot colder than it is now , if Greta and insulate Britain is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Very rarely have the heating on longer than a few hours , must be my background of living as a child with no : central heating , double glazing, loft insulation, with drafty doors and windows , and the world was a lot colder than it is now , if Greta and insulate Britain is to be believed.
    So you and Gluey have no sympathy for the disabled woman and her family in that story I linked to because you have your agendas to push?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you and Gluey have no sympathy for the disabled woman and her family in that story I linked to because you have your agendas to push?
    I never read the guardian, which means I was replying to your comment about not having a radiator on since November. Agenda 30 is great if you don't mind cold winters, dislike meat and dairy products, and have a fear of flying.

Everyone has sympathy, it's the other media headlines that I'm referring too. You will notice my comments relate to a broader view not a single one.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Everyone has sympathy, it's the other media headlines that I'm referring too. You will notice my comments relate to a broader view not a single one.
    I've made it clear to my younger nieces & nephews, and to old older relatives that I am against this. It's people like Bob who are allowing it to go ahead by staying silent.

I've made it clear to my younger nieces & nephews, and to old older relatives that I am against this. It's people like Bob who are allowing it to go ahead by staying silent.
    So the donations I make to food banks every week are adding to the problem are they? All very convenient for you,lot who know the answer to everything until it's subject to any sort of scrutiny to stand on the sidelines blaming those who disagree with them for everything - you and Life on Mars are the ones who have tried to steer this thread on to a pet subject in the interests of "balance"

National Insurance increase today.

Im sure we will all take comfort in the fact we will all very soon be so much better off under Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Im sure we will all take comfort in the fact we will all very soon be so much better off under Brexit.
    Its to pay for the funding of health and social care ,the government has handed out more money than many other governments in the UK 400 BILLION.

Turn the heating down

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Unfortunately, whingeing about the government doesnt pay for social care. Shame, if we could tap into that resource, all our problems would dissapear.

So the donations I make to food banks every week are adding to the problem are they? All very convenient for you,lot who know the answer to everything until it's subject to any sort of scrutiny to stand on the sidelines blaming those who disagree with them for everything - you and Life on Mars are the ones who have tried to steer this thread on to a pet subject in the interests of "balance"
    The problem is not knowing what is causing it, and blaming the wrong people in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Unfortunately, whingeing about the government doesnt pay for social care. Shame, if we could tap into that resource, all our problems would dissapear.
    And a good deal more could be raised from the bollox the likes of Rees-Mogg spouts while defending it.

The problem is not knowing what is causing it, and blaming the wrong people in the process.
    Thanks for putting me right yet again in your smug way, but, as usual, I’ll pass I think.

Still defending Putin are we?

Thanks for putting me right yet again in your smug way, but, as usual, I’ll pass I think.

Still defending Putin are we?
    You've already been pointed in the right direction, but all you come up with is defending Putin, agendas to push, it's a conspiracy theory, etc. You can lead a horse to water ...

You've already been told, but all you come up with is defending Putin, agendas to push, spreading conspiracy theories, etc. You can lead a horse to water ...
    Look at what you’ve done in this thread which was started to illustrate what people are going through in this country currently, but you and a few others on here are so obsessed by sub plots, conspiracies and generally trying to show how clever you are that you don’t see what’s going on right in front of you. It’s not just you and a few others who recognise that NATO countries are not blameless when it comes to Ukraine, but there are, almost certainly, horrible war crimes being committed on Putin’s watch in that country and yet the impression given by you and others is that this is secondary to the latest agenda driven plot you’re pushing.

Any of this sound familiar?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...disinformation

Look at what you’ve done in this thread which was started to illustrate what people are going through in this country currently, but you and a few others on here are so obsessed by sub plots, conspiracies and generally trying to show how clever you are that you don’t see what’s going on right in front of you. It’s not just you and a few others who recognise that NATO countries are not blameless when it comes to Ukraine, but there are, almost certainly, horrible war crimes being committed on Putin’s watch in that country and yet the impression given by you and others is that this is secondary to the latest agenda driven plot you’re pushing.

Any of this sound familiar?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...disinformation
    Just remember this post when you are priced out of meat based products or they disappear completely, and please don't blame me for anything!

Just remember this post when you are priced out of meat based products or they disappear completely, and please don't blame me for anything!
    I think whether I can or cannot buy meat based products (I barely do anyway these days) pales into insignificance compared to what Russia has allegedly done in Ukraine - you clearly think otherwise.

I think whether I can or cannot buy meat based products (I barely do anyway these days) pales into insignificance compared to what Russia has allegedly done in Ukraine - you clearly think otherwise.
    I thought we were talking about the cost of living?

And a good deal more could be raised from the bollox the likes of Rees-Mogg spouts while defending it.
    You are pretty much proving my point here, thanks.

The reality is that from July, the government will be introducing a progressive tax (those on £100k losing £822, those on £20k gaining £178) to fund social care.

For some reason unbeknown to me this is a cause of anger alongside, as is inevitable, a complete absence of an alternative from people who on this occasion are furious that the government are introducing a progressive tax to publicly fund healthcare.

Figures are here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60996174

I thought we were talking about the cost of living?
    I started talking about the cost of living, but then you and Life on Mars crashed in with your climate change agenda and it’s all been about you since then

Perhaps the bit in the article you posted which says “And that came after a decade of the budget rising by little more than 1% - an unprecedented squeeze for the health service” is why people are annoyed at how the party that was in power for all of that time has gone about raising funds the NHS and the care sector (if, indeed, the latter is going to get any of it).

The second paragraph in my last message is in reply to James Wales, sorry, not sure what happened there.

I started talking about the cost of living, but then you and Life on Mars crashed in with your climate change agenda and it’s all been about you since then

Perhaps the bit in the article you posted which says “And that came after a decade of the budget rising by little more than 1% - an unprecedented squeeze for the health service” is why people are annoyed at how the party that was in power for all of that time has gone about raising funds the NHS and the care sector (if, indeed, the latter is going to get any of it).
    I think thats 1% after inflation, and ignores Covid spending, but still..

Here's NHS funding in recent and coming years. No question there were years of underfunding after the financial crash - I guess thats why economic stability is so important.

I don't disagree with you, I just think your criticisms are more valid when you acknowledge something positive, and cant see your issue with how this will be funded. If Welsh Labour did it I suspect you would approve.