+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I’m not dwelling on Saturday but…..

Re: I’m not dwelling on Saturday but…..

Yma o Hyd should be saved for Wales games but neither that, the general tracklisting, Chopra on the pitch or Martin's visit to the away end had any bearing whatsoever on why we lost

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bollocks. The South Wales derby is only sterile from a Cardiff point of view because the team, its management and the club in general have consistently made such a hash of it in recent years.

It doesn’t appear to be sterile from a Swansea perspective.
    Likewise FA Cup dates. Other clubs seem to thrive on the cup, we have virtually given up.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    With society today it’s all about “Inclusion”.
    Our team took it a bit too far.
    Brilliant

Bollocks. The South Wales derby is only sterile from a Cardiff point of view because the team, its management and the club in general have consistently made such a hash of it in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed.

Yma O Hyd has as much relevance to the JBs as us!

It should have been so easy to create a soundtrack that was heavily Cardiff City-dependent as you say, and therefore provide every opportunity to quieten down and alienate their fans. But no………

That is what every other club does for derbies.
    I can’t agree at all. It was a great atmosphere at kick off. Maybe the Jacks almost scoring after 2 minutes and doing so after 5 might have popped a balloon???

I’d like them to bring back ‘Right Here, Right Now’.
    It may not be by a Cardiff artist, but it is quite stirring and brings the sense of occasion to the start of the match.
    I was at the Fulham match and the team just seem to suddenly appear with no ceremony at all. It was quite flat from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The atmosphere under the Canton before kick off was superb. Trouble is, that was not replicated in the stands during the match especially after the Jacks scored. Maybe our fan base is getting older and more fickle. The whole experience on Saturday failed to get the heart racing. Indeed, the match seemed to drag on. This season will just fade away no doubt with us losing to Derby to keep them up on the last day of the season. ST sales will struggle at this rate. As for Chops and pre-match singalong....do we have anyone at the club who deals with this aspect of marketing?
    What did the players do to get “the heart racing”. The same as they nearly always do against Swansea, nothing.

Swansea as a team, club and fan base love the derby, why I wonder? Could it be because our team usually rolls over to get its stomach tickled?

There’s nothing wrong with our fans. As they always do, they turned out in numbers for a game with Swansea ready to have a great time and we’re given absolutely nothing to get excited from those on the pitch. The game hasn’t lost its “spice”, or at least it hasn’t apart from when it comes to our team.

So you are saying if we'd got all that right it wouldn't have been like a library and our fans WOULD have made some noise?

Blaming Yma O Hyd , Chopras introduction , sterile , no longer caring. What a load of old bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    All we need for City is "My Little Pick & Shovel" and "Hey Jude". The Welsh songs have no relevance.
    Absofeckinglutley - that's all we need

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So you are saying if we'd got all that right it wouldn't have been like a library and our fans WOULD have made some noise?
    Who are you talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It's played about five minutes before kick-off, after Frank Hennessey and before Men of Harlech
    I normally arrive a minute or two before Kick off. Just as well.

Surprised the club didn’t have a male voice choir singer Land of my fathers at the away end. Like they did with Newcastle fans and the Blaydon Races. Another cringe fest.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    OP.

Not always worth quoting the message you are replying to, especially the longer ones.

Why?

The club get every aspect of it wrong, and it's just indicative of the bigger issues at the club.

Marketing of this game (and other games but this one in particular) - it barely had a mention on social media weeks before bar one scheduled tweet that tickets are on sale. No build up to the match on the social media channels whatsoever bar the "5 of our best goals v Swansea" that is chucked out for every game and then the Chopra goal whacked up a couple of days before. It has to be the worst club account in the league when you look at the videos others put up. It is not hard to engage fans with a few well timed tweets or tweets on the right side of the line for winding people up a little bit but it is a robotic attempt with zero interaction bar a few standard tweets every week about statistics from the game just gone and 5 of our best goals v tomorrow's opposition. When you look at the way the FAW account interacts with fans, same with Swansea's and virtually every other club it is a shambles.

Same with the way they market tickets. The season tickets will sell awfully, they will probably barely push them, they should've been out when we went on a bit of a run and things were slightly positive. If any of the 10,000 extra fans that were there on Saturday have been tempted into committing to a season ticket for next season then I would be amazed, if we had won 2-0 and the place was bouncing with a feel good factor then you could easily see 25% getting the bug and deciding to stay, pushing us back towards a 20,000 average next season.

Pre-match songs - as previously said barely anything to get the fans going. They should really reconsider where the away fans are because it just kills any sort of atmosphere. I've gone to Bristol and Swansea away this season and their singing section is right next to the away fans and it creates an atmosphere that is much better than what is served up at the CCS. Same with Coventry, Forest, Derby away etc. It would also save the problems that always come from boozed up away fans next to the family stand.

Obviously these aren't reasons we lost on the pitch, but it just shows how amatuer a set up there is at the club on every single level. People sometimes say Tan is the best owner we've ever had, it's laughable in many ways (best owner we've ever had that drove a lot of fans away by changing the shirt colour and not backing down or ever issuing any sort of apology - just changing it when things were so bad he had no choice) but the club has been left to rot for years. Ken Choo and Dalman have other interests, Tan's interest is minimal at best and his refusal to get anyone in that knows anything about football also costs us regularly. The game has moved on a lot in the last 10 years but not just on the pitch, where we have obviously been left behind. But off it as well, we just have a mixture of businessmen and directors from afar that don't have the first clue on running a football club. He covers some losses out of his own pocket so apparently that makes him the best owner we've ever had, I must be missing something, the reason for the majority of those losses are years and years of mismanagement at every level of the football club and that is on him.

OP.

Not always worth quoting the message you are replying to, especially the longer ones.

Why?
    Your message appeared directly below mine, but seemed to have no relevance to what I said that’s all.

We've played yma o hyd all season, and for years at times. Ali played it nearly every week. It is a great song, and we are a welsh club.

We lost because the club, players and management can't seem to work out the importance of the fixture. Swansea get it, Cardiff don't. We've got a manager that keeps saying it is another game, it doesn't matter if we lose 1 or 4 nil. Look at what Martin says, look how their players play. We lost because we cannot play against sides like them, we lost because got the tactics all wrong and we lost because we didn't turn up, and they did.

Re football being sterile, that's balls as well. Doesn't seem sterile to the Jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your message appeared directly below mine, but seemed to have no relevance to what I said that’s all.
    I generally quote people when I speak to them.

Only really makes sense to not quote when replying to the op. In my mind anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I can’t agree at all. It was a great atmosphere at kick off. Maybe the Jacks almost scoring after 2 minutes and doing so after 5 might have popped a balloon???
    I know that we have all been to loads of games but the atmosphere before the game where I was sitting was awful.

Flat as a pancake and I heard very little singing from our own fans.

Maybe that is because of where I was sitting but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've played yma o hyd all season, and for years at times. Ali played it nearly every week. It is a great song, and we are a welsh club.

We lost because the club, players and management can't seem to work out the importance of the fixture. Swansea get it, Cardiff don't. We've got a manager that keeps saying it is another game, it doesn't matter if we lose 1 or 4 nil. Look at what Martin says, look how their players play. We lost because we cannot play against sides like them, we lost because got the tactics all wrong and we lost because we didn't turn up, and they did.

Re football being sterile, that's balls as well. Doesn't seem sterile to the Jacks.
    There seems to be lots of confusion here on whether Yma O Hyd does or doesn’t get played.

For the Jacks, it's their Cup Final surely! I still believe the manager had the "it's just another game" attitude beforehand and this rubs off on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I know that we have all been to loads of games but the atmosphere before the game where I was sitting was awful.

Flat as a pancake and I heard very little singing from our own fans.

Maybe that is because of where I was sitting but I doubt it.
    It was bouncing until they scored, unfortunately they scored after 6 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It was bouncing until they scored, unfortunately they scored after 6 minutes
    Surely the best fans in football can get over that and keep singing?

Surely the best fans in football can get over that and keep singing?
    Yes but we are not the best fans in football. In fact British football fans in general are pretty tame compared to some of the European/Turkish/South American fans

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes but we are not the best fans in football. In fact British football fans in general are pretty tame compared to some of the European/Turkish/South American fans
    Oh. Right.

Tidy.