+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: And They Were Singing …….

And They Were Singing …….

I thought that vile chant was only sung at away games and by a minority ?

Is sounded as if most of the crowd were singing it Saturday at certain points…..

Re: And They Were Singing …….

I dont think "most of the crowd" sang at the same time once on Saturday fella.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I dont think "most of the crowd" sang at the same time once on Saturday fella.
    From where I was sitting “it sounded as if” it certainly wasn’t a minority and was loud and clear !

It was definitely the song that was heard the most, basically every time they started to sing their version. A few very loud renditions of it in the Canton, felt like the whole stand was singing it

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    From where I was sitting “it sounded as if” it certainly wasn’t a minority and was loud and clear !
    You've missed my dig at the poor noise heard throughout the game..

I am well aware more than a minority sing it. Its been done to death on here, with me being one of the ones that argues this point

Was the most popular song where I was (not from me I'll add), but I'd say the majority were either singing it or chuckling away at it.

Is sounded as if most of the crowd were singing it Saturday at certain points…..
    It’s been sung at most home games for years and is definitely not much quieter than any of our other songs we sing.

You've missed my dig at the poor noise heard throughout the game..

I am well aware more than a minority sing it. Its been done to death on here, with me being one of the ones that argues this point
    Yes you are right there ,apologies

Yes you are right there ,apologies
    I'd like to add I have no objection to it being done again mind, I was just pointing it out. At least this gets interesting when it's done again, unlike some of the tripe we have to endure over and over

Nothing will ever be done about it, no matter how much people on this board cry about it. None of them do anything either. I'm not really sire what telling a police officer or a steward does when it can be heard ringing around the ground and on TV when we play on sky etc people are obviously aware of it happening telling people it's happening like a few on here do won't stop it happening, people need to facenit head on in the ground and on busses if they feel so strongly about it.

"I've told the supporters trust" bloody hell, well done, how the HELL hasn't it stopped yet after that master stroke.

International

Obviously in very bad taste, but if they are doing childish swim always, it's always going to encourage a childish response from some, it's football!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Obviously in very bad taste, but if they are doing childish swim always, it's always going to encourage a childish response from some, it's football not tennis.
    The swimaway by fans doesn't really bother me. I think their players continually doing it and the club not saying anything is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It was definitely the song that was heard the most, basically every time they started to sing their version. A few very loud renditions of it in the Canton, felt like the whole stand was singing it
    Certainly more than usual in the canton which is depressing but then mob mentality usually rules

It's a scummy song and should be banned - it does us no favours at all

Our song repertoire is terrible these days, no originality.

“I’ll be there” is original though I guess and my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Certainly more than usual in the canton which is depressing but then mob mentality usually rules

It's a scummy song and should be banned - it does us no favours at all
    Lots of gas a jack around as well, and the horse song. Lots of dickheads out on Saturday, or lots of people showing their true dickhead colours, or a combination of both

The swimaway by fans doesn't really bother me. I think their players continually doing it and the club not saying anything is worse.
    Agreed on the players. Unless I've missed it on here, I've not seen any reference to Obafemi. It's obviously happened a few times but it constantly amazes me. There are many words to describe what he did, with immature and pathetic being two. I don't like the "vile chant" either but that's a section of the supporters. In no way can you level that at our players. On the other hand, Swansea's players - the vast majority of which won't even have been aware of the tale before joining the club - doing it is scraping the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Agreed on the players. Unless I've missed it on here, I've not seen any reference to Obafemi. It's obviously happened a few times but it constantly amazes me. There are many words to describe what he did, with immature and pathetic being two. I don't like the "vile chant" either but that's a section of the supporters. In no way can you level that at our players. On the other hand, Swansea's players - the vast majority of which won't even have been aware of the tale before joining the club - doing it is scraping the barrel.
    What have I levelled at our players?

You are right. Of course they did (it was one of the only songs that anyone DID sing, and that was just to drown out the JB's I think.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    You are right. Of course they did (it was one of the only songs that anyone DID sing, and that was just to drown out the JB's I think.....)
    But on this.....what WAS interesting (and quite refreshing actually) was that at the Wales vs Austria game, the crowd DID sing the correct version of 'Hymns and Arias', which was pleasing to see and hear (I don't think that my boys have ever heard the proper version before......)

But on this.....what WAS interesting (and quite refreshing actually) was that at the Wales vs Austria game, the crowd DID sing the correct version of 'Hymns and Arias', which was pleasing to see and hear (I don't think that my boys have ever heard the proper version before......)
    It was horrible to hear.

What have I levelled at our players?
    Nothing. I was agreeing with you. Just saying that their players do something that's bang out of order, whereas ours don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It was horrible to hear.
    Agreed, very loud in the Canton sadly

It was pretty evident in the Family Stand too, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Nothing. I was agreeing with you. Just saying that their players do something that's bang out of order, whereas ours don't.

Why is that interesting? Surely you wouldn't expect the crowd at a Wales game to sing the other version?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Lots of gas a jack around as well, and the horse song. Lots of dickheads out on Saturday, or lots of people showing their true dickhead colours, or a combination of both
    I thought that, there were loads of bellends I'd never seen before in the Ninian stand near me. Four of them,who were directly behind me, sadly sang it many times during the game. A lot of these aforementioned knobs seemed wired as well.