+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Takeover soon?

Re: Takeover soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Nice one - I remember different phases of planning consent being given and there is development approved in llanrumney last year but still don't remember when we started using the Vale - I remember taking my boy to see training but Malky was boss then

But then I'm 57 so if I remember my name and address my head is full ����
    Fairly sure the Llanrumney development is for the Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Fairly sure the Llanrumney development is for the Academy.
    Yes you are right 👍 and another example to add to the list of positives unless it remains a pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Nice one - I remember different phases of planning consent being given and there is development approved in llanrumney last year but still don't remember when we started using the Vale - I remember taking my boy to see training but Malky was boss then
    City were training at the Vale under Dave Jones.

New training facilities at the Vale were initially promised as a part of the rebrand package:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18324804

Planning permission was announced in 2013 and again in 2019 (as Gnojek says, probably some sort of renewal).

Has work got underway on these new training facilities yet? Someone might know for sure, but as far as I'm aware there's no sign of them a decade after they were first publicised to fans as a rebrand sweetener.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Peters Pies are hardly Vincent Tan level in respect of financial clout are they ?
    Well if he's that rich why are people looking for new owners ?

If Sidolis ice cream from porthcawl took over it would be great as they are all city fans

But they are not very rich

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Which all falls on Tan and his lack of getting proper football people on board and not a couple of chancers that to the best of my knowledge have next to no football experience and several other interests to be seeing too as well as Cardiff City.

It is within his interests to cover the losses if he ever wants to recoup anything, but the club has been a shambles off the pitch and an absolute amatuer organisation under his watch for many years so call it what you like but it has clearly not been a priority for him for a long time, can phrase that how you like but the point remains.
    This is a heavy load you're dragging around with you mate. Let it go, you'll find you're a lot happier once you stop dragging things along that aren't all that important to your day to day life.

Must take a LOT of energy to dislike someone this much.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hoping that any buyer or invester isn't Sam Hammam or anyone linked to that boil on the clubs arse..
    I still have a feeling it will be an asian based buyer or consortium.
    Let it go stan ffs it's unhealthy

As an aside to the takeover talk, I learned last week that Mehmet Dalman now lives in Monaco. There was no reason for me to disbelieve the person who told me this, but I Googled it anyway and it turns out Dalman has in fact lived in Monaco for some time.

So, City's owner lives and operates in Malaysia, as do the mysterious board members Marco Caramella, Derek Chin and Danni Rais. The club's Chairman lives in Monaco. The CEO spends much of his time overseeing Tan's car dealership in London, where Dalman is also a director. Jalil Rasheed became a director of CCFC in July 2021, but has already resigned without ever attending a game. Which leaves Steve Borley as the only director who is actually based in Wales.

What a set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As an aside to the takeover talk, I learned last week that Mehmet Dalman now lives in Monaco. There was no reason for me to disbelieve the person who told me this, but I Googled it anyway and it turns out Dalman has in fact lived in Monaco for some time.

So, City's owner lives and operates in Malaysia, as do the mysterious board members Marco Caramella, Derek Chin and Danni Rais. The club's Chairman lives in Monaco. The CEO spends much of his time overseeing Tan's car dealership in London, where Dalman is also a director. Jalil Rasheed became a director of CCFC in July 2021, but has already resigned without ever attending a game. Which leaves Steve Borley as the only director who is actually based in Wales.

What a set-up.

Aye, but we spent months coping during lockdown on Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Aye, but we spent months coping during lockdown on Zoom.
    Yma o Hyd.

Yma o Hyd.

Any bored Hollywood actors with cash to throw away. There’s at least 30 listed with $250m available.. Seems to be working up north.

I'm aware of that, but I'm still interested in why he (or anyone) believes Tan has been a very good owner. Is it just the old 'it could be worse' argument, or is there more to it?
    Tan got us to the Premier league twice and to Wembley 4 times, what other owner as done that. Tan will go down as the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Tan got us to the Premier league twice and to Wembley 4 times, what other owner as done that.
    Wembley four times? Are you sure?

Here you go:

https://www.barryanddistrictnews.co....ning-approval/

Planning permission in 2013. More planning permission in 2019. Not sure how that works, but I don't think anything has been built yet.
    I’m not 100% but weren’t we sharing with the Blues down there and leasing it off Gerald Leekes ?

Like you I’m not sure it happened , but I also thought it had been upgraded in the last few years.

Also debts are higher, but pre Tan there were some pretty smelly debts in the books, ( as Ridsdake looked for even more desperate forms of financing) .. and the club was really heading forward big trouble..at least now the majority are to Tan and genuinely will leave with him… unlike others who lied about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I’m not 100% but weren’t we sharing with the Blues down there and leasing it off Gerald Leekes ?
    I don't know about Leekes, but CCFC are still leasing the training facilities at the Vale according to this:

https://www.commercialnewsmedia.com/archives/94926

There are all sorts of things down there now - an FAW pavilion, a WRU centre of excellence, ten different pitches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This is a heavy load you're dragging around with you mate. Let it go, you'll find you're a lot happier once you stop dragging things along that aren't all that important to your day to day life.

Must take a LOT of energy to dislike someone this much.
    quite the leap mate but glad to see you must agree with my points. I’ll sleep easy, it won’t change any time soon with the court case but do admit I find it baffling when people claim we’re lucky to have him as owner. Take care

quite the leap mate but glad to see you must agree with my points. I’ll sleep easy, it won’t change any time soon with the court case but do admit I find it baffling when people claim we’re lucky to have him as owner. Take care
    It's not really a leap, you are dragging it around with you, it can't be healthy.

It's not really a leap, you are dragging it around with you, it can't be healthy.
    Aye, 10 posts about it for the first time in as long as I can remember, think a CCMB intervention may be needed

Aye, 10 posts about it for the first time in as long as I can remember, think a CCMB intervention may be needed
    And me, you seem to have a VT problem

What a set-up.

Borley the puppet, may as well live in Malaysia.

If we are taken over, brilliant. We have become a bit like a stale marriage where the one side has forgiven the other for banging a bartender on a weekend away, but deep down the bitterness remains (for me, and a lot of my mates anyway)

What a set-up.

For all his wealth, Tan hasn’t really grasped how to run a club properly yet, or he doesn’t seem to put the right people in place.

Let it go stan ffs it's unhealthy
    No..
    And that could be said about the boil on the clubs arse to

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Any bored Hollywood actors with cash to throw away. There’s at least 30 listed with $250m available.. Seems to be working up north.
    Will Smith may have time on his hands now.
    Also William "the slap" Smith has a Welsh twang to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Will Smith may have time on his hands now.
    Also William "the slap" Smith has a Welsh twang to it.
    William “slapper” Smith would be better in my opinion. Let’s not mess this up, his investment depends on it.

What a set-up.

Dave
    For years i have been asking the club , on a regular and frequent basis, what the Malaysian based directors contribute to CCFC. The club has always refused to say , I believe on the basis that the answer rhymes with Porthcawl.
    However , it is possible that one or more of them receives directors` remuneration from the club as the 20/21 audited accounts show £550k of such remuneration of which £413k was paid to the highest paid director, leaving £137k of payments to other director(s). In 19/20 the figures were £507k and £215k. On the assumption that Ken Choo is the likely highest paid director and on the basis that Mehmet Dalman stated in a meeting with fans in October last year that he receives no salary from CCFC , then it must be either Steve Borley and/or one or more of the Malaysian based directors that was paid for services unknown.
    M Dalman may not get a salary as he has stated but he does get management fees through his company WMG Funds Ltd. In 20/21 those fees were £297k