+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Palace v Arsenal

Palace v Arsenal

What a contrast in the way to approach a game compared to our toothless display on Saturday.
    Palace have smothered Arsenal from the first minute and pressed them all over the field.

Re: Palace v Arsenal

It's nice seeing zaha again playing games falling over and not scoring...palace playing very well tho

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What a contrast in the way to approach a game compared to our toothless display on Saturday.
    Palace have smothered Arsenal from the first minute and pressed them all over the field.
    Palace have made some very shrewd signings.

palace had a really old squad under Hodgson and lots of them were out of contract, I thought they'd struggle this season, but to be fair they've invested brilliantly in youth and have an exciting attacking team.
    hopefully we can follow their example, admittedly without the premier League money

Osian Roberts as the next Wales manager please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I really like them.
    Theyve got some brilliant midfielders and attackers, but still think they need a bit more cover at the back. They might have to sell Gallagher though to cover any transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just had that very conversation with my son and seem to be managing their finances pretty well

Possible blueprint for a lot of aspiring premiership clubs??

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I really like them.
    Theyve got some brilliant midfielders and attackers, but still think they need a bit more cover at the back. They might have to sell Gallagher though to cover any transfers.
    I thought Gallagher was on loan from Chelsea but I maybe wrong??

I really like them.
    I know Abramovichs assets are frozen but I dont think Palace will get away with selling Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I know Abramovichs assets are frozen but I dont think Palace will get away with selling Gallagher.
    Ah ok - didn't realise. They've got so many players out on loan it's hard to keep up 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Nice one.

They have some pace in that side and very skilful with it.

They've taken the cream from the championships youngsters the last couple of seasons and are eally making it work.

Didn't we both get promoted at the same time our 1st attempt and they've stayed there since

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    They've taken the cream from the championships youngsters the last couple of seasons and are eally making it work.

Didn't we both get promoted at the same time our 1st attempt and they've stayed there since
    Yes and we went up automatic and they went up through play offs. We could learn a lot from their club management.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes and we went up automatic and they went up through play offs. We could learn a lot from their club management.
    I think our build up to promotion was decent. We ballsed it up in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Nice one.
    But imagine the sell-on clause. Probably almost as lucrative as Bale's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    They have a massive edge over the likes of us in that they are a London club with managers and players hardly queueing up to come this far west over the bridge.

I too like Palace.
    Good club, good loud supportive fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    They have a massive edge over the likes of us in that they are a London club with managers and players hardly queueing up to come this far west over the bridge.
    And yet City have a manager from....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Also, three of Palace's starting line-up tonight have previously played for the Jacks....

Under better management I'm convinced we could have avoided relegation at least once.

that Eze they signed from QPR doesn't get in the team at all these days, he's played 6 times all season.
    I thought he was brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    And yet City have a manager from....

Christ. I make it two smileys in as many days!

Either you've won the lottery, you're on the happy pills or City must have been given a schooling in football.

I am talking about managers and players of quality.
    The kind of people who don't have to change their lives too much. Move house and take their kids out of school, make new friends etc..

Enjoy your week of "your club's" unfortunate turn of fortune, it's been quite a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that Eze they signed from QPR doesn't get in the team at all these days, he's played 6 times all season.
    I thought he was brilliant
    I think he's been injured and is just on his way back, but yes he's a fantastic player. I like Michael Olise aswell who's played mainly in the Cups I think.
    There's also Eduardo who they picked up from Celtic.

I think he's been injured and is just on his way back, but yes he's a fantastic player. I like Michael Olise aswell who's played mainly in the Cups I think.
    There's also Eduardo who they picked up from Celtic.
    no olise is first choice these days, had a knock that kept him out against arsenal