+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wage stagnation

Re: wage stagnation

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I have enormous sympathy with you on this - fixing the housing market is critical. But again, I would suggest you are just drifting to your default blame, which gets you (and us) nowhere. The government may run the country, but they are not the cause of every single issue - look to Canada today, where their equivalent of the Labour party are in power and they have a severe housing crisis. Look at Cardiff. Housing policies are mainly set at a devolved or local council level, both Labour run and Cardiff has become less and less affordable.

This isn't to blame Labour or the Tories, it's a plea to get to the bottom of the issues and fix them
    You've hit the nail on the head, now you have to ask yourself why is it like this?

I have enormous sympathy with you on this - fixing the housing market is critical. But again, I would suggest you are just drifting to your default blame, which gets you (and us) nowhere. The government may run the country, but they are not the cause of every single issue - look to Canada today, where their equivalent of the Labour party are in power and they have a severe housing crisis. Look at Cardiff. Housing policies are mainly set at a devolved or local council level, both Labour run and Cardiff has become less and less affordable.

This isn't to blame Labour or the Tories, it's a plea to get to the bottom of the issues and fix them
    I saw a programme a few years ago about a development in London where you could essentially have all the benefits of owning a property but the price would contractually always be linked (at a decent ratio) to the local average wage. People being shown around couldn't understand it, their first thought was that they were getting a bargain and could just sell it on at market rate and 'win' at the property game. That scheme and programme highlights everything that is wrong with the attitude towards house ownership in this country. I did try and find an example of the development but I couldn't, possibly too many people benefit from a bonkers market to allow for something so sensible.

I am with you on this one, this is an issue that neither party has it in them to resolve. They both know they will a) be smeared non stop by the tag team wealthy/media and b) people who currently own homes will quickly realise that it isn't in their interests for house prices to fall to non mental levels.

I think we could see the cross party priorities during covid. UC went up by enough to buy a can of beans a week whilst homeowners were fully sheltered from any consequences. I felt like I was swimming against a very strong tide when questioning whether the furlough measures (values/caps not the principle of support) were sensible and/or fair on the poorest in society.

The issue is rich vs poor. The Canadian government is like Labour yep centre-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    The issue is rich vs poor. The Canadian government is like Labour yep centre-right.
    Trudeau and Freeland are WEF global young leaders, and they serve the interests of the investment banks and top 1,000 global corporations, etc. If you look, you will find that legislation is already underway preparing the way for digital id and a programmable CBDC, which was labelled a conspiracy theory a short while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Those aged 25 and below are Generation Z. What letter comes after Z?
    Who gives a feck

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Who gives a feck
    Now, now. Just because you might have woken up to the fact that Organ Morgan is a holocaust denying anti-semite that's no way to react! Next thing you know you will be delving into WB's sentiments on similar matters and who knows where that might end?