+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are they serious?

Are they serious?

Not saying any City players should be in it, but 4-4-2’s list of the fifty best players outside the Premier League is a bit of a joke.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wales-23608357

Re: Are they serious?

I almost choked on my cup of tea when I saw Joe Allen in at number 50 and why on earth was Jonny Williams included in the list?

Considering what a dire season we have had and only picked up when a few shrewd loan signings were made, I don't suppose anyone should be that surprised no City player was in there.

That said, some of those names included seem pretty ridiculous.

Let's face it though it's only opinions and who really gives a shit anyway

Joe Jacobson on there too.

very odd list, they should probably have done one per division

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Joe Jacobson on there too.

very odd list, they should probably have done one per division
    I think that's the problem - they've tried to get include league 1&2 players, but there's usually a good reason they're not playing their football in the championship.

Only to have 4 Fulham players in there is all the proof you need that the list is a load of tosh and that's putting it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I think that's the problem - they've tried to get include league 1&2 players, but there's usually a good reason they're not playing their football in the championship.
    yeah it's a tricky one, if you've got an up and coming striker absolutely smashing it in league one, then there's a good chance he's better than a bunch of championship players

It reminds me a little of the PFA awards which often select players with big reputations playing in the lower leagues at the end of their careers in divisional sides - last time I looked Jonny Williams was struggling to get in the Swindon side.

It’s a bit daft including lower division players in the list as there is no certainty they would be as successful in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s a bit daft including lower division players in the list as there is no certainty they would be as successful in the Championship
    Being a Reading fan you may or may not be familiar with a forward called Ronnie Moore, who joined us from Tranmere in the late 70's. He had a fine scoring reputation with them, joined us and couldn't hit a barn door, left us to join Rotherham in the league below and started scoring for fun again with an almost 1 in 2 ratio. Although it cannot be scientifically proven, it does lend weight to the point raised in your post. PS, I think you're team can now start planning for life in the Championship again next season 👍

I actually did see Ronnie Moore score !!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Being a Reading fan you may or may not be familiar with a forward called Ronnie Moore, who joined us from Tranmere in the late 70's. He had a fine scoring reputation with them, joined us and couldn't hit a barn door, left us to join Rotherham in the league below and started scoring for fun again with an almost 1 in 2 ratio. Although it cannot be scientifically proven, it does lend weight to the point raised in your post. PS, I think you're team can now start planning for life in the Championship again next season ��
    I remember Ronnie Moore. Didn’t you win promotion when he was playing up top for you?
    We just scraped home last night. We are not safe yet but it’s looking a lot better than it was a few weeks back.

Click bait worked more money for click for the Wol statistics = advertising revenues ,clever stuff knowing Cardiff is the high sell area for advertisers.

Pawns of the capitalistic system .

I remember Ronnie Moore. Didn’t you win promotion when he was playing up top for you?
    We just scraped home last night. We are not safe yet but it’s looking a lot better than it was a few weeks back.
    Lucky not to get relegated with him in the team. We finished 15th that year. Strange how fans remember the non-scorers with almost as much fondness as those that regularly find the net.

Being a Reading fan you may or may not be familiar with a forward called Ronnie Moore, who joined us from Tranmere in the late 70's. He had a fine scoring reputation with them, joined us and couldn't hit a barn door, left us to join Rotherham in the league below and started scoring for fun again with an almost 1 in 2 ratio. Although it cannot be scientifically proven, it does lend weight to the point raised in your post. PS, I think you're team can now start planning for life in the Championship again next season ��
    To be fair, Moore scored plenty of goals for Rotherham when he played for them in the old Second division - it was only us he struggled to score for before he began to play at centreback.

I agree about Reading, Derby need to win three of their last six games to catch then, so ten more points definitely keeps Reading above them although I'd have thought they'd need about half that number in reality - they should be good for at least one of those points on Saturday because we never beat Reading these days, but you'd like to think that the reaction to Saturday's capitulation and professional pride would at least mean that we don't perform like a side with nothing to play for.

Barnsley are the danger for Reading I'd say, but that was a big point for them there on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair, Moore scored plenty of goals for Rotherham when he played for them in the old Second division - it was only us he struggled to score for before he began to play at centreback.

I agree about Reading, Derby need to win three of their last six games to catch then, so ten more points definitely keeps Reading above them although I'd have thought they'd need about half that number in reality - they should be good for at least one of those points on Saturday because we never beat Reading these days, but you'd like to think that the reaction to Saturday's capitulation and professional pride would at least mean that we don't perform like a side with nothing to play for.

Barnsley are the danger for Reading I'd say, but that was a big point for them there on Saturday.
    As Barnsley have Millwall, Swansea and Huddersfield away in 3 of their next 4 games, they will do well to close the current 8 point gap between them and Reading.

Lucky not to get relegated with him in the team. We finished 15th that year. Strange how fans remember the non-scorers with almost as much fondness as those that regularly find the net.
    I think I was confusing him with Jeff Hemmerman

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I think Derby are the bigger threat. Barnsley are a poor side and I can’t see them picking up many more wins. If it hadn’t been for Derby and our points deductions they would be cut adrift.

I think Derby are the bigger threat. Barnsley are a poor side and I can’t see them picking up many more wins. If it hadn’t been for Derby and our points deductions they would be cut adrift.
    Derby have less games to play. I think you're safe.