+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt LeTissier.

Re: Matt LeTissier.

Poor Le Tizz has been cancelled , brilliant example of closing down debate and different views by personal attacks

If the media coverage was fair and impartial, very few accusations of “misinformation spreading”would occur. Credible reporting would crush any falsehoods. It is a testimony to just how little the public actually know probably is one of the main reasons that such brutal accusations continue.

This has been the case for quite some time.
    Climate change and the pandemic is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    In hindsight perhaps your response is correct …oh the joys of not walking away from a debate
    There's hope for you yet!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Poor Le Tizz has been cancelled , brilliant example of closing down debate and different views by personal attacks
    What was cancelled, by whom and why?

I read the report that he had posted some fake news (trying to undermine reports of Russian atrocities in Ukraine), got called out for it, deleted it and stepped aside as a Saints Ambassador as a result.

Which bits did you see were brilliant examples of closing down debate and different views by personal attack? What examples of fake nonsense do you want spread more widely as a result?

I saw LeTissier described in a magazine article as the sort of libertarian who wants the freedom to do what he likes no matter what the consequences of that were to others - would have thought that was pretty bleeding obvious actually and rather comes with the territory with those who identify with the term.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. If I was moderating I'd soon clamp down on the fake news nonsense.
    Says the spreader of Russia collusion fake news nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Self righteous poster isn’t he

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Self righteous poster isn’t he
    I was joking, not being judgmental. I believe everybody has the right to express themselves however they see fit, and it's usually the people with fascist tendencies that want to limit the freedom of speech of others.

I was joking, not being judgmental. I believe everybody has the right to express themselves however they see fit, and it's usually the people with fascist tendencies that want to limit the freedom of speech of others.
    So says the man whose not being judgmental

How is debate being closed down? He can still talk as much as he wants, Southampton just don't agree with his views so don't want to associate themselves with him. Perfect example of the right to free speech at work - free speech doesn't mean free speech without consequences, some righty snowflakes seem to forget that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What else have you got right? Because that's the only thing you ever mention in all your time here (and you mention it a lot)
    there you go again

How is debate being closed down? He can still talk as much as he wants, Southampton just don't agree with his views so don't want to associate themselves with him. Perfect example of the right to free speech at work - free speech doesn't mean free speech without consequences, some righty snowflakes seem to forget that
    The people who talk most about free speech don't really know what it means. I'm sure if i did a search on "free speech" on ccmb, three quarters of the posts would be getting it wrong, thinking that it means they should be insulated from being told they're talking rubbish.

there you go again
    Well, it was an episode that lasted for 5+ years and counting, so it took a huge amount of effort to keep the charade going for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The people who talk most about free speech don't really know what it means. I'm sure if i did a search on "free speech" on ccmb, three quarters of the posts would be getting it wrong, thinking that it means they should be insulated from being told they're talking rubbish.
    Hole, spade, keep digging bro

On a scale of 1 to 10, how wrong is he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLqJ3h9KQw

On a scale of 1 to 10, how wrong is he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLqJ3h9KQw
    The intellectual heavyweights are all on their side aren’t they

Such a natural talented footballer , have a look on the Internet thingy at his goals , some were mesmerising , never sold out and went for big bucks club ,wasn't picked enough for England ...

Such a natural talented footballer , have a look on the Internet thingy at his goals , some were mesmerising , never sold out and went for big bucks club ,wasn't picked enough for England ...
    You're right. Can't believe I'd never seen any of his goals before.

In tomorrows episode of the Philosophical Footballer, Jamie Vardy ponders on the iniquity of the libel and offside laws.

Always cracks me up how these “independent, critical” thinkers all think exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Always cracks me up how these “independent, critical” thinkers all think exactly the same thing.
    they've done their own research mind

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Always cracks me up how these “MSM influenced, critical” thinkers all think exactly the same thing.

Always cracks me up how these “MSM influenced, critical” thinkers all think exactly the same thing.
    They have watched the BBC mind

Do you mean those influenced by the opinions they read in, say, the Daily Express or those influenced by, say, the opinions in the Guardian or are you saying that there is no difference between the opinions in the two papers?

See, your flippant remark is, like most of your flippant remarks, complete bollox. The fact of the matter is that, in my experience, if someone calls themselves an “independent, critical thinker” you can be 99.9 per cent sure of what they’re going to say on certain subjects before you actually read/hear it.