+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Modular Housing

Modular Housing

Something I’m involved in is house building, and there are some interesting and exiting developments afoot.

Modular Housing is expected to take off in a big way and you can build a house from scratch in three/six weeks. It’s affordable and eco-friendly. The Forest Green Rovers of the housing sector.

Could this pathway solve the housing shortage?

https://theweehousecompany.co.uk/con...dable-housing/

Re: Modular Housing

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Something I’m involved in is house building, and there are some interesting and exiting developments afoot.

Modular Housing is expected to take off in a big way and you can build a house from scratch in three/six weeks. It’s affordable and eco-friendly. The Forest Green Rovers of the housing sector.

Could this pathway solve the housing shortage?

https://theweehousecompany.co.uk/con...dable-housing/
    We have things completely backwards here, we expect those with drug addictions or other issues to overcome their issues before we allow them housing. In reality if you give these people somewhere to live they are far more likely to become productive members of society. I think we should be building these on mass not just for the homeless but also for social housing. Anything to lower the pressure on housing stock in the UK thus decreasing prices.

This looks great, in my opinion we should build these on mass and offer them as social housing. Also we should allow the homeless to live in these for free or a massive discount, in Finland where they do a housing first approach.

Edit: Just seen the cost of these.. still pretty steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    We have things completely backwards here, we expect those with drug addictions or other issues to overcome their issues before we allow them housing. In reality if you give these people somewhere to live they are far more likely to become productive members of society. I think we should be building these on mass not just for the homeless but also for social housing. Anything to lower the pressure on housing stock in the UK thus decreasing prices.

This looks great, in my opinion we should build these on mass and offer them as social housing. Also we should allow the homeless to live in these for free or a massive discount, in Finland where they do a housing first approach.

Edit: Just seen the cost of these.. still pretty steep.
    They are to individual purchaser’s, however , a big social housing company or local authority can bulk buy and save huge amounts.

An ex girlfriend of mine from Sweden used to say that the state gave cheap apartments to everyone and this was law.
    Hardly anyone had mortgage’s.

we have the worst housing stock in western Europe, the smallest rooms, the least well insulated.
    modern builds are mostly poor quality flimsy things with tiny rooms and no storage.
    I'm all for building conservation, but much of South Wales is full of shit old buildings and shitter new ones, there is little that is worth keeping tbh
    make it easier to knock the shit down and build better quality bigger homes

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we have the worst housing stock in western Europe, the smallest rooms, the least well insulated.
    modern builds are mostly poor quality flimsy things with tiny rooms and no storage.
    I'm all for building conservation, but much of South Wales is full of shit old buildings and shitter new ones, there is little that is worth keeping tbh
    make it easier to knock the shit down and build better quality bigger homes
    Social rented houses are built to a very high standard , called “the beautiful home standard”, which sets out a minimum functional quality standard , embracing MMC and build to a minimum size with sustainably.

Private Builders perhaps not so.