+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: council tax rebate £150

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

council tax rebate £150

anyone received it or heard anything yet

Re: council tax rebate £150

I've worked out I should get it. How and when I don't know. I'm not sure if one month's direct debit will just be reduced by £150 or if it will be spread over the year.

It could be as late as June.

If you are band A-D and pay by direct debit then you should just get it in your accounts as I think the WG decided to do the same as UK govt.

The communication from the council is awful on it. I'm sure people understand some delays but my understanding is it was supposed to be from April 1st, so June seems bad really.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    If you are band A-D and pay by direct debit then you should just get it in your accounts as I think the WG decided to do the same as UK govt.

The communication from the council is awful on it. I'm sure people understand some delays but my understanding is it was supposed to be from April 1st, so June seems bad really.
    My guess is councils will go out of their way to get them done before May 5th

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    yes more than likely

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Ha true. And keep quiet on who provided the £150 to them while they are at it..

First Team

Ha true. And keep quiet on who provided the £150 to them while they are at it..
    It's funded from taxes. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Just remember JamesWales is definitely not a Tory

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just remember JamesWales is definitely not a Tory
    I clicked on your emboldened underlined text expecting to be taken to a weblink. I was a little disappointed tbh.

God forbid anyone would be a Tory of course. Especially in a discussion about when we will be receiving £150 from one of their policy decisions

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I'm saying that it's a central government funded policy and that they will be very happy to be the ones passing it on.

Unless you are politically naive, you will know this to be true.

First Team

I'm saying that it's a central government funded policy and that they will be very happy to be the ones passing it on.

Unless you are politically naive, you will know this to be true.
    No, it's a taxpayer-funded policy.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it was a loan.

I presume you are trying to make some snide comment on the fact that it's administered and not funded out of council coffers. How silly. Westminster has loaded unfunded obligations on the local authority sector which I am sure you're aware of.

Westminster's energy security strategy has been AWOL for decades so I don't think it would be unfair to say the energy crisis in the UK has partially been driven by Westminster's ineptitude. They (partially) made this mess, they should clear it up.

More info about the topic at this Walesonline article published earlier - Cost of living payment: When and how you can get the £150 payment in Wales: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...int_source=nba

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    More info about the topic at this Walesonline article published earlier - Cost of living payment: When and how you can get the £150 payment in Wales: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...int_source=nba

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    nice one thats whats needed

June here in South Derbyshire as the delay is caused by the introduction of the new IT system needed (Of course)

My DD for April has gone out today for the increased amount, so I guess it will be off the back of these payments coming in.

No support for band E - #shaftedtime&timeagain

To be fair, no system is perfect and i can imagine there is a large amount of admin and IT involved in doing this.

What just bugs me a bit is the lack of information. By definition this payment is important, so let people know when realistically they can expect it, at least what monthly pay packet they should budget it for etc.

Agree on band E issues. Council tax bandings are beyond imperfect, but my understanding is they are using it because its a quicker (!!) way of getting money out and obviously there is a strong if imperfect relationship between income and council tax banding

Many people will not put this rebate of £150 to good use
    Surely it would have been more beneficial to lower everyone’s council tax bill by £150 also saving tax payers money being used to implement this scheme

International

I haven't even been informed what my new council tax for this year is yet, and we are already 1/3 of the way through April.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I haven't even been informed what my new council tax for this year is yet, and we are already 1/3 of the way through April.
    I can inform you it’s gone up mate

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    I can inform you it’s gone up mate
    Me and my big mouth, the bill arrived about2 hours after I posted that comment.
    £2,000.61p. Where the feck do they get 61 pence from ffs?

I also discovered that despite living in a 2 up 2 down old workers cottage I am in Band E so don't get the rebate. It hardly seems worth trying sometimes.

Surely it would have been more beneficial to lower everyone’s council tax bill by £150 also saving tax payers money being used to implement this scheme
    It's meant to help those towards the lower end of household income (in a crude way) which won't happen if you give it to every household.

What's it matter what they spend it on Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What's it matter what they spend it on Allan?
    My names not Allan
    Some people on low incomes may be tempted to spend it not on bills and they are still left with the full council tax bill