+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Parkway Station

Cardiff Parkway Station

Looks like its good news for East Cardiff with the go ahead of the new train station in St Mellons Cardiff

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-...quick-services

about time us lot in the east of the city had a train service .

will boost jobs and transport to both Cardiff and Newport

Re: Cardiff Parkway Station

good news, hopefully will ease traffic into town from there too

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Looks like its good news for East Cardiff with the go ahead of the new train station in St Mellons Cardiff

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-...quick-services

about time us lot in the east of the city had a train service .

will boost jobs and transport to both Cardiff and Newport
    Good, if well overdue, news, still think they could find room for another station on that line to serve east Cardiff better.

It's excellent news for east Cardiff and the city as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good, if well overdue, news, still think they could find room for another station on that line to serve east Cardiff better.
    I don't think 2 more would be unreasonable, one on mardy road for rumney and the industrial estate near there and another to serve splott and adamsdown

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think 2 more would be unreasonable, one on mardy road for rumney and the industrial estate near there and another to serve splott and adamsdown
    I was thinking of Splott etc. but you’re right, I don’t see it would be terribly expensive either.

They should've built the one in Rumney when they rebuilt/raised the bridge over the railway line. Missed opportunity there. There should be another one by the shops on Newport Rd/junction with Rover way. When you're on that line, there appears to be plenty of places they could have small stations for local services, but that side of the city always seems to get overlooked in regards to rail.

About time they built a new exit out of Llanrumney as well, ideally onto the A48.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post

About time they built a new exit out of Llanrumney as well, ideally onto the A48.
    If we do that it'll only encourage them to leave Llanrumney though

There are plans for new stations in Splott, Tremorfa and Newport rd according to Russell Goodway, or so it says in this article
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...metro-23352497