Thread: FT: READING 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: READING 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Saturday 9th April, ko 3:00pm.

Match Officials:

Referee: MICHAEL SALISBURY
    Assistants: Darren Cann and Adam Crysell
    Fourth Official : Charles Breakspear

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

It looks like both the ED Stand (North Stand) and the South Stand will be pretty much sold out tomorrow. It should be our second highest gate of the season at around 16,000 hopefully.

If you were planning to park at the stadium car parking is now sold out.
    Best bet is Mereoak Park and ride which is just a mike off the M4 exit(follow signs to Basingstoke). It’s also pretty cheap at around £6 return

Reading likely to make one change from the Stoke game. I reckon the team will be

Nyland
    Yiadom
    Holmes
    Morrison
    McIntyre
    Drinkwater
    Laurent
    Ince
    Hoilett
    Swift
    Joao

Junior has proven to be a good signing and I hope he stays for next season.

We know what Junior does best, cuts in from left wing and fires a shot, often successfully, from the edge of the box. Hopefully 'as a City fan ' Dramah is alive to this. 😀
    I was surprised he didn't go to the MLS, instead of you this season.
    Canada qualifying for the WC complicates matters as regards next season, and I guess that will be his main focus.

Ratcliffe

Drameh
    Ng
    Denham
    McGuinness
    Bagan

Wintle
    Ralls
    Colwill

Davies
    Hugill

1-1

King, Bowen, Semenyo and Leahy should all get some time in the first team quad for the remaining games as well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It looks like both the ED Stand (North Stand) and the South Stand will be pretty much sold out tomorrow. It should be our second highest gate of the season at around 16,000 hopefully.

If you were planning to park at the stadium car parking is now sold out.
    Best bet is Mereoak Park and ride which is just a mike off the M4 exit(follow signs to Basingstoke). It’s also pretty cheap at around £6 return

Reading likely to make one change from the Stoke game. I reckon the team will be

Nyland
    Yiadom
    Holmes
    Morrison
    McIntyre
    Drinkwater
    Laurent
    Ince
    Hoilett
    Swift
    Joao

Junior has proven to be a good signing and I hope he stays for next season.
    This is helpful. (the parking part!) Thank you.

Is there anywhere else near the ground to park that you would recommend, within walking distance? I remember that there used to be…… (in preference to park and ride I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    This is helpful. (the parking part!) Thank you.

Is there anywhere else near the ground to park that you would recommend, within walking distance? I remember that there used to be…… (in preference to park and ride I mean)
    The club were saying this morning there was limited car parking available at the old Greyhound Stadium in Bennet Road. You would need to ring the club to get the parking space.

Bobby. Also worth thinking about parking At the World Turned Upside Down pub, 387 Basingstoke Road. If you buy a beer in the pub you can usually park up and walk to the ground but it’s a good twenty minute walk.

Paul Abbandonato is saying:

‘Hearing @CardiffCityFC will make significant changes v Reading. Don't feel comfortable posting the XI I've been told will play (not least cos I can't be 100pc certain), but if it's as I've been texted expect a new look defence, keeper & and change of formation.’

🤔

‘Hearing @CardiffCityFC will make significant changes v Reading. Don't feel comfortable posting the XI I've been told will play (not least cos I can't be 100pc certain), but if it's as I've been texted expect a new look defence, keeper & and change of formation.’

🤔
    There will be a fair few changes I'm sure but shuffling the pack rather than a load of kids playing.

Someone mentioned to me that Smithies isn't fit to play, though I presume they'd want to have a better look at Philips next few weeks anyway.

I really hope he doesnt pick any players out of contract in the summer unless there is a player who he wants who hasnt yet been offered a deal.

Id leave them all out.

If his answer is to bring Pack , Bacuna , Vaulks etc then I will lose total faith in what he is trying to do.

Lets add in King and Bowen to the bench. Denham , Colwill , Davies to the starting line up.

🤔
    Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Fancy a Reading who need a couple of wins to be safe, to be better than a much changed City
    2-1 Reading
    😠

Cant bring in 2 many academy players as reading still in relegation battle.

If smithies our then maybe

Phillips Drameh denham Mcquiness dorherty wintle Doyle Colwill uche davies hugill

🤔
    Interesting.

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
    What horse ? We lost one game. He has achieved what he was brought in for, changed our style of play and brought on the youngsters. I would say that is pretty good, wouldn't you ?

many talking points there

What formation is that?

Rohan Luthra on the bench, last British/Asian for us would have been Chopra….wouldn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    many talking points there
    I wonder if it’s the usual with Bagan in the back 3.

Interesting, I’m certainly not Nelson fan but I’d rather see him ahead of Flint for now.

Looks like 3-5-1-1 with Bagan at left centre back

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    There will be a fair few changes I'm sure but shuffling the pack rather than a load of kids playing.

Someone mentioned to me that Smithies isn't fit to play, though I presume they'd want to have a better look at Philips next few weeks anyway.
    smithies is busy moving house

good idea to get a look at Bagan in a back 3

Ralls the only out of contract player in the starting eleven. Disappointed that Morison doesn’t seem to rate Ratcliffe who seems to be on his way out. I do like Bagan at centre back though if that is the plan. Have Doyle and Colwill been starters in the same game before? I assume they have, but I can’t think of when it was.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls the only out of contract player in the starting eleven. Disappointed that Morison doesn’t seem to rate Ratcliffe who seems to be on his way out. I do like Bagan at centre back though if that is the plan. Have Doyle and Colwill been starters in the same game before? I assume they have, but I can’t think of when it was.
    Ralls and the four loan players.

Colwill and Doyle both started against Fulham.