+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's going on in Shanghai?

What's going on in Shanghai?

It appears true that 25 million people in Shanghai, which is eight times the entire Wales population, are effectively under house arrest and unable to leave their homes for any reason... not for food, work, to collect medication or attend hospital or dental appointments. For many it has been like that for 23 days and 12 days for all residents.

China leading citizens to jump from balconies in quest to achieve ‘COVID Zero’ https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/how-ch...ve-covid-zero/

Shanghai Lockdown Exposes China’s Covid Lies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7JyP96mX4

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/s...5981243318275?

Re: What's going on in Shanghai?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It appears true that 25 million people in Shanghai, which is eight times the entire Wales population, are effectively under house arrest and unable to leave their homes for any reason... not for food, work, to collect medication or attend hospital or dental appointments. For many it has been like that for 23 days and 12 days for all residents.

China leading citizens to jump from balconies in quest to achieve ‘COVID Zero’ https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/how-ch...ve-covid-zero/

Shanghai Lockdown Exposes China’s Covid Lies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7JyP96mX4

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/s...5981243318275?

Just seen a very disturbing video of cats being but in bags en mass ready for being slaughtered, just because their owners have tested positive for Covid …. Unreal

I wonder if Professor Neil Ferguson will be updating his recommendations for the next lockdown?

One of the most shameful elements of the entire Covid story is how utterly inept the western media has been in reporting on and challenging China on many aspects of the Covid situation. It is unbelievable how in thrall of China we are. Russia is one thing, but it's China the west is better off weening ourselves off from.

An extreme reaction, but here’s another one from the Health Secretary on Twitter;-

“Proud that the UK has led the world in learning to live with Covid. Freedom, with responsibility, should always be the default.”.

One person’s “freedom” is another’s washing of hands of responsibility. We’re still seeing around a thousand people dying each week with Covid in the UK - I don’t think anyone in this country wants what’s being seen in China, but there’s a huge middle ground that our Government, including the Welsh one, could be occupying and they’re not.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An extreme reaction, but here’s another one from the Health Secretary on Twitter;-

“Proud that the UK has led the world in learning to live with Covid. Freedom, with responsibility, should always be the default.”.

One person’s “freedom” is another’s washing of hands of responsibility. We’re still seeing around a thousand people dying each week with Covid in the UK - I don’t think anyone in this country wants what’s being seen in China, but there’s a huge middle ground that our Government, including the Welsh one, could be occupying and they’re not.
    China has some of the strictest and harsh lockdown policies in the World ….. doesn’t appear to have a made a difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    China has some of the strictest and harsh lockdown policies in the World ….. doesn’t appear to have a made a difference ?
    The problem with Chinese Covid figures is whether to believe them or not. A death rate per million of three seems too low to stop people being cynical, but is it really as high as ours of 2,499? Somehow, I doubt it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Anyway, I said what China is doing is extreme, but I say the same about us, with UK Government policy driven more by political and ideological reasoning than scientific advice.

Weren't you once convinced that Covid was released by the Chinese as a weapon against the West? Apologies if my memory has deceived me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Weren't you once convinced that Covid was released by the Chinese as a weapon against the West? Apologies if my memory has deceived me.
    He believes it was cooked up in the kitchen of No 10 now with Cummings and Murdoch and a bunson burner and then distributed around the UK via the privatised Royal Mail and injected into babies by Johnson himself and Bupa employees. The rest is history.

Convinced , no,, but have a look at CDC documents for reference.

These days I just keep an open mind. The general public will be the last to know anyway.

These days I just keep an open mind. The general public will be the last to know anyway.
    Yep, hard to tell with so many US sponsored bio labs dotted around the world.

Apologies, I should have made it clear that I was asking the OP.

Apologies, I should have made it clear that I was asking the OP.
    Here you go TBG. The Sage that is Organ Morgan in earlier plumage:

Speculation is rife that the virus restrictions are being used as cover to arrest and disappear every person the Chinese Communist Party view as a threat. It's also being surmised as an opportunity to cull swathes of its aged population who cost a fortune to maintain via health care and pension payments.

Could any government be so evil as to release a new type of mild flu to then exaggerate its danger inside its borders while simultaneously downplaying its danger for the rest of the world purely to kill those citizens it doesn't want live any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Here you go TBG. The Sage that is Organ Morgan in earlier plumage:

Speculation is rife that the virus restrictions are being used as cover to arrest and disappear every person the Chinese Communist Party view as a threat. It's also being surmised as an opportunity to cull swathes of its aged population who cost a fortune to maintain via health care and pension payments.

Could any government be so evil as to release a new type of mild flu to then exaggerate its danger inside its borders while simultaneously downplaying its danger for the rest of the world purely to kill those citizens it doesn't want live any longer?
    have a look at CDC information on this and some of Anthony Fauci’s interviews.

I found this linkage for you as I know that’s your preference

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-MPs-told.html

have a look at CDC information on this and some of Anthony Fauci’s interviews.

I found this linkage for you as I know that’s your preference

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-MPs-told.html
    Thank you but I am not sure what this has to do with TBG's point.

Organ Morgan very early on in the pandemic/plandemic (delete as appropriate) made the startling observation that the Chinese government was trying to cull millions of its elderly, whilst also then as now imposing the strictest lockdown conditions in the world presumably designed to achieve the complete opposite.

I think your points are that the virus is man-made but also no worse than the common cold so why all the fuss, which is a completely different set of jumbled arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Thank you but I am not sure what this has to do with TBG's point.

Organ Morgan very early on in the pandemic/plandemic (delete as appropriate) made the startling observation that the Chinese government was trying to cull millions of its elderly, whilst also then as now imposing the strictest lockdown conditions in the world presumably designed to achieve the complete opposite.

I think your points are that the virus is man-made but also no worse than the common cold so why all the fuss, which is a completely different set of jumbled arguments.
    It’s not jumbled , it just doesn’t fit your agenda as per ,hope that helps

Does anybody remember this?

https://www.who.int/news/item/30-03-...andemic-treaty

The Lardy & Cyril's of the world will soon be along to tell you how wonderful it is, but it's might be a good idea to have a think about the implications first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

The Lardy & Cyril's of the world will soon be along to tell you how wonderful it is, but it's might be a good idea to have a think about the implications first.
    I have had a think about the implications. Not 'wonderful' but certainly right and sensible, and may prevent millions of people in the global south being left behind to die in misery when the next pandemic strikes.

“There will be other pandemics and other major health emergencies. No single government or multilateral agency can address this threat alone,” the leaders say in their article. “The question is not if, but when. Together, we must be better prepared to predict, prevent, detect, assess and effectively respond to pandemics in a highly coordinated fashion. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a stark and painful reminder that nobody is safe until everyone is safe.”

I wonder if Professor Neil Ferguson will be updating his recommendations for the next lockdown?
    🤣🤣🤣

Average deaths are a good stat to look at .

As is death with Covid or by .

Covid caught in hospital v outside

There's plenty who fail to see a digital world tyranny is gathering pace.

Checking Covid 19 certificates: World Health Organization selects T-Systems as industry partner - https://www.telekom.com/en/media/med...systems-648634

This news report suggests 23 Chinese cities are now under full or partial lockdown affecting a quarter of the their entire population.

China Covid crisis: 373 million in lockdown, 477 bulk cargo ships waiting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6TOJjLNeXE

There's several schools of thought about what's going on there.

1, It's all bull.
    2, It's Covid stage two. Much like stage one but on a larger scale than two years ago which centered on Wuhan.
    3, They are trying to contain a viral haemorrhagic fever, such as ebola.
    4, They are using it as a pretext to hasten the West's demise through busting supply chains by dramatically lowering their exports which will result in shortages of, well, pretty much everything: scarcity will drive up costs to fuel ever higher inflation to decimate the purchasing power of the currencies of their competitors/enemies to the point of causing hyperinflation resulting in famine, disease and societal collapse.

Number four is the best fit for WEF's Great Reset - Build Back Better - You Will Own Nothing and Be Happy mantras.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's plenty who fail to see a digital world tyranny is gathering pace.

Checking Covid 19 certificates: World Health Organization selects T-Systems as industry partner - https://www.telekom.com/en/media/med...systems-648634
    There is always a good side that fools everybody about the bad side.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    One of the most shameful elements of the entire Covid story is how utterly inept the western media has been in reporting on and challenging China on many aspects of the Covid situation. It is unbelievable how in thrall of China we are. Russia is one thing, but it's China the west is better off weening ourselves off from.
    The West, Africa, even the USA, are all 'tied in' to China economically. Whilst China & Russia both have similar ideologies, the Chinese are clever, shrewd, patient, everything the Russians aren't. If Covid had been first identified in a remote area of Russia where the local scientists were experimenting with animal viruses and had laboratories specifically for this purpose in the same place, and had a history of awful bio-security, and had doctors from those labs escaping to other countries and saying how the virus escaped from the lab there, I think every government would be coming to the same conclusion. Instead it's swept under the carpet, not pursued, conveniently dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The West, Africa, even the USA, are all 'tied in' to China economically. Whilst China & Russia both have similar ideologies, the Chinese are clever, shrewd, patient, everything the Russians aren't. If Covid had been first identified in a remote area of Russia where the local scientists were experimenting with animal viruses and had laboratories specifically for this purpose in the same place, and had a history of awful bio-security, and had doctors from those labs escaping to other countries and saying how the virus escaped from the lab there, I think every government would be coming to the same conclusion. Instead it's swept under the carpet, not pursued, conveniently dropped.
    So, just to piece your Covid thoughts together.

Chinese scientists experimenting with animal viruses released Covid on the world. Fortunately Covid is just like a common cold which left to its own devices culls only those who were vulnerable of dying soon anyway.

Doctors from those labs (the lab) "escaped" to other countries to spill the beans but for reasons unknown it was swept under the carpet. Nevertheless the draconian disproportionate measures taken by governments around the world like the UK have devastated economies because of this cold because we are so dependent upon China otherwise.

Meanwhile the Chinese government takes some of the most draconian restriction and economically stifling measures on the planet to counter the common cold in its latter stages of virulence.

Sounds reasonable!