Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
I have noticed that with social media, people are bragging more and also have unrealistic expectations. Like nowadays people are trying to get instant gratification, such as lose weight fast on fad diets, get rich quick via crypto etc. Not to mention influencers trying to take advantage of that. I used to follow influencers like that but I realised how they (or many) are full of rubbish.

And also on social media, if you look at what people write, it’s the village idiots who have the loudest voices. Like it seems to be reducing people’s abilities to think. You remember how in Among Us they would say “bla bla is sus”? And everyone would blindly repeat. Well look at FB/Insta/Twitter comments… seem to be culty echo chambers
And a lot of that stuff is clearly targeted at younger people through advertisements. Adverts for gambling, crypto etc are all targeted at young men in particular

The only social media I really use is Twitter and that's mainly for news, but it can really give a warped idea of what most people are like. Through my work I speak to a lot of different people and the vast majority are nice, normal people, social media doesn't give that impression