+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre-game Pub

Pre-game Pub

It's my boy's birthday on 30th April,so I intend taking him and his brother to their first City game.
    Which pub nearer the ground,would you suggest pre game for a bite to eat for us all and a few pints for me and the mrs.

Re: Pre-game Pub

The Lansdowne

Quote Originally Posted by Davpont View Post
    It's my boy's birthday on 30th April,so I intend taking him and his brother to their first City game.
    Which pub nearer the ground,would you suggest pre game for a bite to eat for us all and a few pints for me and the mrs.
    The Sand Martin right by the ground is ok. Typical pub fare but family friendly and usually quite a few kids in there. I sometimes take my 9 year old in there and a friend of mine takes his young daughters in there as well. Need to book in advance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The Sand Martin right by the ground is ok. Typical pub fare but family friendly and usually quite a few kids in there. I sometimes take my 9 year old in there and a friend of mine takes his young daughters in there as well. Need to book in advance though.
    I always like Chapter.

Really good food and the bar is well stocked.

I've been in the Ivor Davies, Lansdowne, Chapter and The Grange with my kids before the game. All pretty good and kid friendly, though that may depend on the game i suppose.

I think the Gol centre lets kids play for free before the game or something like that? At least they used to. You will have black rubber bits in your house for ever more after that mind...

What has he done wrong to deserve going down the Lego stadium ?! Has he been naughty ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    What has he done wrong to deserve going down the Lego stadium ?! Has he been naughty ?!!
    It's time he learnt that football is not always like he sees on match of the day!!
    Welcome to the real world

Gone to the Cornwall,anyone off here use it??

The New Corps beer garden is pretty good on a day like today.

The last food that I had at the Sandmartin was almost inedible. Really slow service as well.

Gone to the Cornwall,anyone off here use it??
    My pub of choice.

The Cornwall is good, but is often crowded, and I'm not sure about the food situation on match days. The beer stock varies as well. Sometimes they have bitter on, sometimes they don't. If you prefer bitter, that can be a problem.
    The Grange is a nice pub, with good food (I must declare an interest here - two of my nephews work in the kitchens). Plenty of room, and a beer garden too. No bitter here either, at the moment. What's going on?

Does the SandMartin still insist on a sit=-down meal to enable you to buy a drink?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    My pub of choice.
    Yeah,the boys and the Mrs were happy enough in there, didn't get too busy.

Chapter is a good place for food and beer pre-match

Yeah,the boys and the Mrs were happy enough in there, didn't get too busy.
    More importantly all of them are keen to go more regularly to games

More importantly all of them are keen to go more regularly to games
    Are you sure they watched the game?

Are you sure they watched the game?
    They knew what to expect ha ha,
    They enjoyed the pub full of fans,they all said the family stand was too quiet for them,they want to go in the other end!!

They knew what to expect ha ha,
    They enjoyed the pub full of fans,they all said the family stand was too quiet for them,they want to go in the other end!!
    Great to hear. It's how many of us began the long journey of supporting the 'Mighty Bluebirds'!

Canton Cross is a good City debut pub .