+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Financial Cost Of Ukraine Crisis

Financial Cost Of Ukraine Crisis

So far , Uk pays Ukraine £400 million in aid + £385 million in World Bank guarantees + 120 armoured vehicles and missiles + £100 million 4 military aid + 20 ambulances. Ukraine have asked for more. Meanwhile pple in uk cant heat their homes.

Re: Financial Cost Of Ukraine Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    So far , Uk pays Ukraine £400 million in aid + £385 million in World Bank guarantees + 120 armoured vehicles and missiles + £100 million 4 military aid + 20 ambulances. Ukraine have asked for more. Meanwhile pple in uk cant heat their homes.

The world is on the proverbial “handcart to hell”. Instead of looking forward to a brighter future for my grandchildren I genuinely fear for them. Instead of investing in renewable energy sources billions upon billions worth of money are being wasted on senseless wars (and have been in the last 100 years alone) and the destruction of infrastructures will cost huge amounts to repair on top of that, let alone using up more natural resources and energy in the process.

If the climate reaches a tipping point and there is run-away global warming then it's good night Vienna for a huge chunk of the world's population with some parts of the planet uninhabitable or are we prepared to accept mass migration on a scale the likes of which has never been seen before?

sleepy joe just announced another 800 million us dollars worth of weapons ammunitions package to Ukraine

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/13/p...den/index.html

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    sleepy joe just announced another 800 million us dollars worth of weapons ammunitions package to Ukraine

FFS
    What an idiot! He should have threatened to withhold it unless Zelenskyy agreed to dig up dirt on Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

FFS
    That sounds a lot of money but pales into insignificance compared to what the USA has spent in wars from WW1 on. I don't know how anyone can authoritatively give exact figures for how much wars costs but the following are some data I found by doing a quick Google search.

Note: these figures are in US$ at today's valuations (i.e. figures recalculated to account for inflation) and these sums are only those spent by the USA alone and also do not include the cost of repairing infrastructure following these wars. Hence the total true cost is unknown but must be unimaginably higher when you take into account what the opposing countries must have spent in fighting the same wars. All this of course does not take into account the amount of human misery that these wars have inflicted and, as is all too clear from recent events, still does.

WW1: 381 billion
    WW2: 4.1 trillion
    Korean war: 389 billion
    Vietnam war: 1 trillion
    Iraq: 1 trillion
    Afghanistan: 1.5 trillion

The total is over $8 trillion - an obscene amount of money.

Not sure of the total USA to Ukraine arms cost to date, but we are in the middle of the latest USA to Israel arms package (an Obama legacy that continued previous levels of military support) of £2.7 billion per year.

We may see some future payback in terms of trade they are huge in supplying grain and potatoes, one of the world's largest producers of sugar beets and sunflower oil.

Oh and black sea fuel is a potential which Ukraine has a share of ?

I'm sure Boris has had the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The world is on the proverbial “handcart to hell”. Instead of looking forward to a brighter future for my grandchildren I genuinely fear for them. Instead of investing in renewable energy sources billions upon billions worth of money are being wasted on senseless wars (and have been in the last 100 years alone) and the destruction of infrastructures will cost huge amounts to repair on top of that, let alone using up more natural resources and energy in the process.

If the climate reaches a tipping point and there is run-away global warming then it's good night Vienna for a huge chunk of the world's population with some parts of the planet uninhabitable or are we prepared to accept mass migration on a scale the likes of which has never been seen before?
    If we actually do get global warming then we won't need to heat our homes and factories, or wear lots of clothing. Win win .

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If we actually do get global warming then we won't need to heat our homes and factories, or wear lots of clothing. Win win .
    That's ok if you don't mind the fact that millions of people will lose their homes/lands due to permanent flooding as the sea levels rise. Personally speaking I don't want to see the world get to that scenario. Having said that, the ways things are going the human race may be extinct before then, if Putin presses the red nuclear button in the meantime!

I wonder what the missile that sank the Russian warship cost? A lot less than the warship I suspect. Not that the missile sank the ship of course according to the Kremlin. The retaliatory attack on the missile facility in Kyiv must have just been coincidental then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    That's ok if you don't mind the fact that millions of people will lose their homes/lands due to permanent flooding as the sea levels rise. Personally speaking I don't want to see the world get to that scenario. Having said that, the ways things are going the human race may be extinct before then, if Putin presses the red nuclear button in the meantime!
    I'm not sure Putin has any incentive to press the nuclear button. The consequence of the war is likely that Russia will occupy and control a greater proportion of Ukraine than it did beforehand.

UK pledges additional $1.6 billion in military support to Ukraine

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not sure of the total USA to Ukraine arms cost to date, but we are in the middle of the latest USA to Israel arms package (an Obama legacy that continued previous levels of military support) of £2.7 billion per year.
    The Jewish lobby run America, effectively Isreal are the most powerful nation on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    The Jewish lobby run America, effectively Isreal are the most powerful nation on earth.
    The Ukrainian government asks for more and more military hardware, but I don’t hear them asking for medical aid , food , etc unless I’m missing something

The Ukrainian government asks for more and more military hardware, but I don’t hear them asking for medical aid , food , etc unless I’m missing something
    Probably missing the widespread reports of the humanitarian aid that's being provided to Ukraine by the public and charities. If the Red Cross could provide military aid then the Ukrainian government might not need to ask for more and more of it.

What are you suggesting here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Probably missing the widespread reports of the humanitarian aid that's being provided to Ukraine by the public and charities. If the Red Cross could provide military aid then the Ukrainian government might not need to ask for more and more of it.
    Yes ok then

Yes ok then
    You're right, it's because there isn't a war going on at all, covid doesn't exist and your mum did love you.

[QUOTE=Tito Fuente;5299018]You're right, it's because there isn't a war going on at all, covid doesn't exist and your mum did love you.[/

What’s my mum got to do with this post ???

[QUOTE=TWGL1;5299061]
    You're right, it's because there isn't a war going on at all, covid doesn't exist and your mum did love you.[/

What's your favourite tangent? Mine's Smooth.

[QUOTE=TWGL1;5299061]
    You're right, it's because there isn't a war going on at all, covid doesn't exist and your mum did love you.[/

I can feel a great trade deal on its way

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It could just be trapped wind. Better to be safe than sorry though, so you'd probably be best served by staying near a lavatory. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yeah, see they are pushing for EU membership. Let's hope that Macron's stalling doesn't stop them because what the Ukraine brings to the table that could be some single market!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yeah, see they are pushing for EU membership. Let's hope that Macron's stalling doesn't stop them because what the Ukraine brings to the table that could be some single market!
    Macron won't offer full membership and has hinted as much yesterday , got a feeling the old common market is being dusted down