+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson and Sunak fined for breaking Covid rules.a

Johnson and Sunak fined for breaking Covid rules.a

Re: Johnson and Sunak fined for breaking Covid rules.a

What a week for boy wonder getting dragged into this one too.

Sunak out Hancock in anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What a week for boy wonder getting dragged into this one too.

Sunak out Hancock in anybody?
    The gruesome twosome will either get hanged together or not al all. Any honour and they should have resigned already of course.

Oh come on, they’ve both been working incredibly hard.

quelle surprise.

let's see if the punt into the long grass has given them enough time for this to be mostly forgotten - I suspect it has

Good comedy turn just now by Michael Fabricant defending Johnson.

No wonder people are sceptical about all the diktats and rules which was supposed to be “for your safety” if they were fragrantly ignored at government level.

Are we still talking about this as we face such challenges in the world .

Most of us knew the rules were there, most broke them .

Let's move on .

Voters can decide .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Let's move on .

Voters can decide .
    Thankfully you aren't in charge of what people are and are not allowed to talk about.

Let's move on .

Voters can decide .
    Yes, as it's important to hold accountable those in power, especially those at the very top who broke the law, and lied to parliament and the public, whilst in numbers 10 and 11.

Can you provide some evidence(other than the well evidenced flagrant law breaking going on in Downing Street) that most knew the rules and broke them? And do you not think its even more important that those that are actually setting the rules should be following them?!

Let's move on .

Voters can decide .
    Grow up!

It was the lies that brought Jonathan Aitken and Jeffrey Archer down - and Chris Huhne.

Whether the same will finish Laurel and Hardy is not so certain - now that any pretence of 'honour' has been ditched and the Ministerial Code seems to be optional.

But my guess is that the lies will finally finish Johnson, and the tax avoidance and green card will catch up with Sunak (he will jump!)

And most of us didn't break the Covid rules LOM.

Looks like the police may be reopening the investigation into Starmers beer.

I must say, whilst I think the whole thing is a bit hyperbolic, I do not understand how Starmer escaped investigation or fines.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Looks like the police may be reopening the investigation into Starmers beer.

I must say, whilst I think the whole thing is a bit hyperbolic, I do not understand how Starmer escaped investigation or fines.
    He didn't escape investigation, the investigation took place and it was concluded that no rules were broken. People need to remember that every incident needs to be viewed within the context of the rules at the time.

The reason some of the number 10 incidents got such a reaction was because of the restrictions placed on people at the time. Comparing the number 10 BYOB party invite to 100 people in May 2020 to a beer in a constituency office in April 2021 is naive or deliberately misleading.

He didn't escape investigation, the investigation took place and it was concluded that no rules were broken. People need to remember that every incident needs to be viewed within the context of the rules at the time.

The reason some of the number 10 incidents got such a reaction was because of the restrictions placed on people at the time. Comparing the number 10 BYOB party invite to 100 people in May 2020 to a beer in a constituency office in April 2021 is naive or deliberately misleading.
    I think the issue is more in terms of Rishi Sunaks fine.

I don't see how Starmer has escaped it from what I've read. I'm uncomfortable with the role of Police and Crime Commissioners as it is, I think it's appalling that the role is politicised, but it does seem strange to me. I don't see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think the issue is more in terms of Rishi Sunaks fine.

I don't see how Starmer has escaped it from what I've read. I'm uncomfortable with the role of Police and Crime Commissioners as it is, I think it's appalling that the role is politicised, but it does seem strange to me. I don't see the difference.
    Escaped what? The investigation or a fine?

So basically if the police investigate and reach a different conclusion to you then the system is bent, that sounds like a healthy position...

Escaped what? The investigation or a fine?

So basically if the police investigate and reach a different conclusion to you then the system is bent, that sounds like a healthy position...
    A simple explanation as to how this is different would suffice. Surely with your strong opinions on this, you would want him held to account if necessary?

I do find it increasingly suspicious to be honest. The fact that Police and Crime Commissioners are elected on a party ticket is stupid and muddies the waters

Video below.
    https://twitter.com/TommyGribbin/sta...85753707089923