+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BreakTheLaw Boris

BreakTheLaw Boris

Will he finally resign and take Rishi with him?

Re: BreakTheLaw Boris

I don’t dislike Boris as much as most, can’t say I like him much either but surely he needs to resign.

I'm not sure what it would take for Johnson to resign as PM, but if it happens then I doubt it'll be for lying.

The two most senior political figures in Britain have just been fined by the law for breaking their own rules. They even lied about it ever happening.

The fact neither Sunak and Johnson are likely to resign shows us just how corrupted our integrity-free politics has become.

How can we hold Putin to account for his lies when Johnson is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm not sure what it would take for Johnson to resign as PM, but if it happens then I doubt it'll be for lying.
    I concur. A man whose popularity with the British public soared while he was driving around the country in a big red bus with a blatant lie plastered all over it is unlikely to resign because he's a liar.

LoM will be along soon to say something along the lines of:

Yes, Boris is a wrong un but Ramsey McDonald or Aneurin Bevan was once charged with being drunk and disorderly so they are all as bad as one another.

They are utterly shameless. Of course they will not resign. This is what a UKIP government does for the country. Never trust millionaires who claim to be ‘for the people’.

International

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Will he finally resign and take Rishi with him?
    Storm in a tea cup, I would bet 90% of people broke the rules in one way or another, labour politicians, police officers, nurses, Cardiff City players and supporters the lot.

No one should resign for having cheese and wine with staff they've been working with all day after work hours.

I understand people don't like him or Drakeford, but this is overplayed nonsense, it's so boring!

I can't watch the news for another week watching Kuenssberg and Peston creaming with excitement at someone having eaten a sausage roll

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Storm in a tea cup, I would bet 90% of people broke the rules in one way or another, labour politicians, police officers, nurses, Cardiff City players and supporters the lot.

No one should resign for having cheese and wine with staff they've been working with all day after work hours.

I understand people don't like him or Drakeford, but this is overplayed nonsense, it's so boring!
    😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They are utterly shameless. Of course they will not resign. This is what a UKIP government does for the country. Never trust millionaires who claim to be ‘for the people’.
    Yep. Of course they wont resign.

Shameless.

But they made the laws, broke the laws, said they didn't understand the laws, and denied any of the parties even happened!

If people start believing that laws mean nothing, think about where that ends. Today it's only cheese and wine, but what is it tomorrow?

What if the chancellor decides everyone else should pay tax except him?

Overwhelming pressure from Conservative MP's will probably the only development that will force him to resign. He has no personal integrity and has a history of being a compulsive liar.

I can't watch the news for another week watching Kuenssberg and Peston creaming with excitement at someone having eaten a sausage roll
    Keep tugging that forelock NCB

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But they made the laws, broke the laws, said they didn't understand the laws, and denied any of the parties even happened!

If people start believing that laws mean nothing, think about where that ends. Today it's only cheese and wine, but what is it tomorrow?

What if the chancellor decides everyone else should pay tax except him?
    It depends on the law, it was a stupid one in the first place that 90% of people ignored, you can't murder someone and say well Boris broke the law so I can? if you do you'll have to face the justice system and go to jail for life, while he pays his 50p or whatever the fine is?

Should he/they resign? Yes I think so. Although that should have happened before.

Will they? Almost certainly not. The timing helps in that respect, with parliament not sitting etc - no doubt thats one for conspiracy theorists, not without reason if I'm honest.

Do I care? Not enormously. Partly due to the nature of it, and partly because in practice i don't think the parties/gatherings were a risk to public health and this was the epicentre of decision making. Also, I don't mind a fixed penalty notice. It's not the crime of the century, although I fully appreciate the people involved amplify any indiscretion. For me though, Covid, lockdowns, WFH and the rest have decimated our society and I think it all should have been challenged a little more.

It's unbelievably hypocritical though, and one of the most clear cut examples of 'one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us' you will ever come across.

He should resign, or offer the mother of apologies, including a strong apology for the extent of the lockdown.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Keep tugging that forelock NCB
    Oh sod it lock him up then

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

It's unbelievably hypocritical though, and one of the most clear cut examples of 'one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us' you will ever come across.
    He won't resign

When I look at Labour's past policies and Starmer I still might have to hold my nose and still vote for Boris next GE

However JamesWales is spot on with the above

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The two most senior political figures in Britain have just been fined by the law for breaking their own rules. They even lied about it ever happening.

The fact neither Sunak and Johnson are likely to resign shows us just how corrupted our integrity-free politics has become.

How can we hold Putin to account for his lies when Johnson is a liar.
    One Invades Ukraine and commits genocide the other had some cheese and wine after work, yeah exactly the same

Have politicians previously resigned for breaking laws like speeding, I would say more serious but still trivial unless completely recklessly and killing people?

Anyway that's the last comment, lock him up whatever, just don't put it on every news bulletin for the next month!!!

It depends on the law, it was a stupid one in the first place that 90% of people ignored, you can't murder someone and say well Boris broke the law so I can? if you do you'll have to face the justice system and go to jail for life, while he pays his 50p or whatever the fine is?
    I don't agree with the 90% I obeyed the rules 100% as my wife has suppressed immune system.We did not see the kids or grankids for ages.The lying toads should resign.

Its only a few posts in and it shows as a country we are doomed and get what we deserve.

We may as well give up.

Storm in a tea cup my arse. The man don't give a fk about the rest of us.
    It's not just breaking the law though is it. Its lying about it in parliament aswell.
    They should both go but the trouble could be trying to find a successor who also hasn't been fined for breaching the same rules.

Do you have any evidence that 90% of people broke that law?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I don't agree with the 90% I obeyed the rules 100% as my wife has suppressed immune system.We did not see the kids or grankids for ages.The lying toads should resign.
    Of course 90% didnt ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He won't resign

When I look at Labour's past policies and Starmer I still might have to hold my nose and still vote for Boris next GE

However JamesWales is spot on with the above
    So you’re going to vote for a convicted liar because of Labour’s past policies?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Should he/they resign? Yes I think so. Although that should have happened before.

Will they? Almost certainly not. The timing helps in that respect, with parliament not sitting etc - no doubt thats one for conspiracy theorists, not without reason if I'm honest.

Do I care? Not enormously. Partly due to the nature of it, and partly because in practice i don't think the parties/gatherings were a risk to public health and this was the epicentre of decision making. Also, I don't mind a fixed penalty notice. It's not the crime of the century, although I fully appreciate the people involved amplify any indiscretion. For me though, Covid, lockdowns, WFH and the rest have decimated our society and I think it all should have been challenged a little more.

He should resign, or offer the mother of apologies, including a strong apology for the extent of the lockdown.
    When the majority of these parties (and can we please now see an end to all of that bollox about them not being parties please) were held, there was either no vaccine or hardly anyone had been vaccinated, so your comments about the parties not being a risk to public health are being made in hindsight and in circumstances that did not exist at the time - Johnson and the rest of them should be judged by the standards that applied at the time.