+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BreakTheLaw Boris

Re: BreakTheLaw Boris

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you’re going to vote for a convicted liar because of Labour’s past policies?
    Don't get ahead of yourself Bob, he has only been served a a notice. He will only be convicted if he fails to successfully challenge it in a court of law which is his right.

The passage of time seems to make his apologists most comfortable. I was one of only 9 others who attended my Father in Law's funeral with no wake because it was illegal whilst this gang were gathered around the Cabinet table singing Happy Birthday and lecturing others on what to do and why.

Once you accept that politicians no longer have to act with decency and honour (and many have been forced from office for far less until this recent crew took over) then you get what you deserve!

When the majority of these parties (and can we please now see an end to all of that bollox about them not being parties please) were held, there was either no vaccine or hardly anyone had been vaccinated, so your comments about the parties not being a risk to public health are being made in hindsight and in circumstances that did not exist at the time - Johnson and the rest of them should be judged by the standards that applied at the time.
    If they were that a risk to public health, surely the public protection officers and health officials and advisors would have said so ?

In theory, the top table of government could have died by having this gathering…….. hmmmmmm

So whats the excuse.? I didnt think I was at a party and when I said I wasnt at a party firmly believed i wasnt at a party quickly diverting to the Ukraine crisis is my bet.

I wonder if Rishi will pull the idiot card as well.

The word 'party' is a bit of a distraction really. Certain gatherings we're illegal regardless of whether they could be categorised as parties.

So you’re going to vote for a convicted liar because of Labour’s past policies?
    This is not a defence of Boris Johnston but he is not a convicted liar.

A fine is not a conviction. As I undertand it he will only be guilty of a criminal offence if he appeals against the fine but is found guilty by the magistrates court.

It still doesn't look good though.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If they were that a risk to public health, surely the public protection officers and health officials and advisors would have said so ?

In theory, the top table of government could have died by having this gathering…….. hmmmmmm
    I thought they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

A fine is not a conviction. As I undertand it he will only be guilty of a criminal offence if he appeals against the fine but is found guilty by the magistrates court.

On the other hand, he has been sacked from 2 previous jobs for lying so...

It is double standards though, my wife’s employers issued Covid guidelines and anybody flouting the rules could be sacked.

I've a feeling Sunak will resign which will force Boris to do the same. Like they are saying on the tele the silence is deafening from the Cabinate at the moment. I Think his position is untenable. Theresa May's former aid has already said he should go and I dare say John Major won't be far behind with his own verbal lashing. Some minor Tories are trying the "now is not the time" excuse but just like Nixon the question most people are asking is "Would you buy a used car off this man "You can't do business with a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    On the other hand, he has been sacked from 2 previous jobs for lying so...
    Granted, but it doesn't alter the fact that he is not a convicted liar

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Fair enough, but we’re talking about semantics. He’s been found guilty of breaking a law he and his Government instigated and then misleading Parliament about it - the notion that any other Prime Minister of the modern era would have not resigned under such circumstances is laughable.

If you sack him for lying , and apply the same rules to every M.P we would lose half of the M.P’s in office

All this he was only having a sausage roll stuff is pathetic. People were separated at funerals or saw their dying relatives through windows. These guys hold the country in such contempt they are not prepared to follow the rules they set and are so entitled they didn't feel they needed to or set an example.

Fair enough, but we’re talking about semantics. He’s been found guilty of breaking a law he and his Government instigated and then misleading Parliament about it - the notion that any other Prime Minister of the modern era would have not resigned under such circumstances is laughable.
    I was going to use the word semantics but It is not really I don't think.The meaning of the word conviction is clear and a fine is by no definition included.

I agree though with the fact that he misled parliament.

If he does stay (and I suspect he will) then he and the conservative party will have to face the judgement of the electorate in two years time, which could well be damning, so the reckoning will only be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    All this he was only having a sausage roll stuff is pathetic. People were separated at funerals or saw their dying relatives through windows. These guys hold the country in such contempt they are not prepared to follow the rules they set and are so entitled they didn't feel they needed to or set an example.
    Thats it really.

Michael Fabricant on TV now. WTF. Who votes these people in.😂😂😂

Fecks sake.

If you sack him for lying , and apply the same rules to every M.P we would lose half of the M.P’s in office
    um... this isn't some new rule they've just thought up to have a go at Boris Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misleading_of_parliament

Sh!t Fabricant is a complete tw@t. He knows exhausted nurses who went back to the staff room after a shift and had a drink. Was this a party??

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    um... this isn't some new rule they've just thought up to have a go at Boris Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misleading_of_parliament
    Why didn’t they sack Blair then ?

Why didn’t they sack Blair then ?
    because he was never found to have mislead parliament.

Is there a problem with that?

Anyway, the charge isn't Johnson and Sunak lying. Johnson lies every day - he can't help himself. He's done it all his life. He has total contempt for the truth as displayed in all his previous jobs and this one. The problem is 'deliberately attempting to mislead the House'.

Those are really bad lies. Under the ministerial code the Prime Minister should sack him..... Oh hang on!

Just feel the police missed a huge opportunity to fine at least 30% of the population for breaking Covid rules, just imagine how many coppers we'd have the beat now.

The best Covid breaker for me within the Covid Greatest Breakers tour was that silly SNP woman who travelled to and from Scotland to Westminster with Covid and knowing it ??
    Can't image how many she infected or even hospitalised , she should be given some form of special award .

We need a good war in Europe to blow this over .

People should be calling for Farage to step up as PM as a minimum .

SNP leader says hes taking us all for fools.

He doesnt get it. The bufoon knows he can do it and get away with it.

Seeing my father-in -law through a window would have been a blessing but he lived in Leicestershire which was locked down for a year, we were told that we must not travel there from London. We ended up with a handful of family at his funeral….and that anger will walk into the polling station with many folk. So if the Tory’s don’t sort Boris out then I believe the people will.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just feel the police missed a huge opportunity to fine at least 30% of the population for breaking Covid rules, just imagine how many coppers we'd have the beat now.

The best Covid breaker for me within the Covid Greatest Breakers tour was that silly SNP woman who travelled to and from Scotland to Westminster with Covid and knowing it ??
    Can't image how many she infected or even hospitalised , she should be given some form of special award .

We need a good war in Europe to blow this over .

People should be calling for Farage to step up as PM as a minimum .
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5291885

A little off beam but not far away!

Goes to show just how f****ng easy it was to subjugate the majority into total compliance.