+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BreakTheLaw Boris

Re: BreakTheLaw Boris

Raab is the worst

A shitehawk

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Times have changed. There was a good documentary a few months back, 'the Brown and Blair Years', I think. We're not talking about ancient history here, but what struck me was just how grown up, convicted, serious, and generally statesman-like politicians of all parties seemed. I think life has become more trivial, more style and less substance, short attention-grabbing headlines and interviews. BJ is certainly part of that new breed.
    Twitter has done a lot of this. For better or worse. Mostly worse.

Times have changed. There was a good documentary a few months back, 'the Brown and Blair Years', I think. We're not talking about ancient history here, but what struck me was just how grown up, convicted, serious, and generally statesman-like politicians of all parties seemed. I think life has become more trivial, more style and less substance, short attention-grabbing headlines and interviews. BJ is certainly part of that new breed.
    I saw that documentary, it was very good. I wouldn't argue with your conclusion either.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Twitter has done a lot of this. For better or worse. Mostly worse.
    There is so much blind loyalty and hatred involved as well where voters cannot see the same hypocrisy in all the parties , if you consider the latest events if partygate , non doms, second job , expense gate , sexual harrasment, drug taking ' drink offences ,bullying , influence money from Russians or China , jail terms for sitting MP's , cozy jobs for family, racism , it stinks .

They all stink , they all have money and clever accounting and double standards, climb a poll through some form of influence or support mechanisms yes even Labour, just because one might be red or blue doesn't differentuate .

The only difference if your in power your in the spotlight you get it first .

I'm sure the opposition turn is coming once sucess is upon them ??

For me Boris is a Killer Queen :

He keeps his Moet et Chandon
    In his pretty cabinet
    "Let them eat cake", he says
    Just like Marie Antoinette
    A built-in remedy
    For Khrushchev and Kennedy ( now Putin )
    At anytime an invitation
    You can't decline
    … Caviar and cigarettes
    Well versed in etiquette
    Extraordinarily cheeky

He's a Killer Queen
    Gunpowder, gelatine
    Dynamite with a laser beam
    Guaranteed to blow your mind
    Anytime

Goes to show just how f****ng easy it was to subjugate the majority into total compliance.
    What I don’t get is that he was seriously Ill with Covid not long before

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There is so much blind loyalty and hatred involved as well where voters cannot see the same hypocrisy in all the parties , if you consider the latest events if partygate , non doms, second job , expense gate , sexual harrasment, drug taking ' drink offences ,bullying , influence money from Russians or China , jail terms for sitting MP's , cozy jobs for family, racism , it stinks .

They all stink , they all have money and clever accounting and double standards, climb a poll through some form of influence or support mechanisms yes even Labour, just because one might be red or blue doesn't differentuate .

None of that, true or untrue, is a good reason to think that the Prime Minister should break the law and continue in office (which judging by your posts in this thread and others, I assume to be your position).

Taking your point as written, 'they are all the same'. Well, I don't think that stands up to scrutiny. Starmer can be accused of being wet, boring, non-charismatic, but he has more integrity in his little finger than Boris' whole being is capable of displaying. All parties have problems, but they aren't all led by the problem.

For me Boris is a Killer Queen :

He keeps his Moet et Chandon
    In his pretty cabinet
    "Let them eat cake", he says
    Just like Marie Antoinette
    A built-in remedy
    For Khrushchev and Kennedy ( now Putin )
    At anytime an invitation
    You can't decline
    … Caviar and cigarettes
    Well versed in etiquette
    Extraordinarily cheeky

He's a Killer Queen
    Gunpowder, gelatine
    Dynamite with a laser beam
    Guaranteed to blow your mind
    Anytime

The thing is.. many young people myself included view Tony Blair as Tory light, the same can be said with Keir Starmer.

Can you start to see the problem?

I just want a government that isn't controlled by the mega wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Right to the heart of the matter again I see - how did we cope on here while the know everything about everything crew were off licking their wounds?
    There's no point in trying to make it personal as the wheels are already in motion. This affects everybody, their kids & their grandkids, and I'd rather be wrong than miscalculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There's no point in trying to make it personal as the wheels are already in motion. This affects everybody, their kids & their grandkids, and I'd rather be wrong than miscalculate.
    Some people think miscalculating means you are wrong. Sheeple probably!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What I don’t get is that he was seriously Ill with Covid not long before
    True, but I guess the difference is, he didn't arrange or organize the party, just attended. Should have told them all to bugger off but probably thought 'what the hell..'. Personally I'd prefer BJ wasn't PM, but for other reasons, not for having a piece of cake.

True, but I guess the difference is, he didn't arrange or organize the party, just attended. Should have told them all to bugger off but probably thought 'what the hell..'. Personally I'd prefer BJ wasn't PM, but for other reasons, not for having a piece of cake.
    I wonder what the excuse will be for the next fixed penalty notice he receives?

Will it be for attending another party that he told parliament he was "furious" to hear about?

I wouldn't expect Boris to resign, he's perfectly entitled as an individual to decide that he believes an apology is enough. I would however expect the tory mp's to show some courage and say enough is enough, and send in the letters. I think it's pretty shameful they haven't done so

A message sent to Tom Pick @The Indie

I didn't have a birthday party for my 50th. My partner had died in the first week of lockdown. Instead, my friend came and left a cake on my doorstep. She stood 2 metres away while I cried. She couldn't comfort me. I had to cry alone and she had to watch and feel helpless

Boris is not going to resign , he just doesn't have the moral compass to actually give a rats ass.
    the only way he would go is of he becomes toxic enough to voters for the Tories to kick him out in fear of their seats.

the issue now is the Tories would find it hard to kick out Boris over this without also kicking out the obvious successor in Sunak - and NOBODY else in the Tory party is polling well AT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I wouldn't expect Boris to resign, he's perfectly entitled as an individual to decide that he believes an apology is enough. I would however expect the tory mp's to show some courage and say enough is enough, and send in the letters. I think it's pretty shameful they haven't done so
    I wouldn't expect him to resign for lying to parliament either, although that is what anyone who lies is supposed to do.

The outpouring of criticism is justified should he resign for a penalty notice no .

There's quite a few worse offenders out there who probably broke self isolation rules resulting in someone becoming very unwell and potentially dying .

The outpouring of criticism is justified should he resign for a penalty notice no .

There's quite a few worse offenders out there who probably broke self isolation rules resulting in someone becoming very unwell and potentially dying .
    But he’s in charge of the country. He has to be squeaky clean.

Should a person lose their job for kissing a 16 year old? Probably not. Should a teacher? Absolutely.

As Chris Rock said sometimes in certain walks of life you can’t have a few bad apples.

You're correct - he shouldn't resign for receiving a penalty notice.

There's no way of knowing either if anyone became seriously ill or died after a chain of covid infections potentially linked back to one of the parties held at Downing Street. That's not the point though.

What he should do though is resign because he lied in Parliament about it.

How do you know that he didn’t have COVID when he attended all the piss ups, and how do you know that he didn’t pass it on to someone who later died? After all that’s why “HIS” COVID laws were in place, to stop the spread and save lives. The COVID laws that he continually broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    How do you know that he didn’t have COVID when he attended all the piss ups, and how do you know that he didn’t pass it on to someone who later died? After all that’s why “HIS” COVID laws were in place, to stop the spread and save lives. The COVID laws that he continually broke.
    Perhaps he did . He was on life support himself surely the rule in life is for all and perhaps if he has to resign from his job then everyone else who were caught should as a death is death.

Let's be honest this is not about Covid it's about hatred of an individual...

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Brilliant.

Who are the worse offenders? Perhaps they’ve been done as well, this bloke was on telly every night with scientists either side of him stressing the need not to do the things that he was doing. He’s the Prime Minister for f*ck’s sake, worse offenders!!!! I despair of the apologists for him

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Who are the worse offenders? Perhaps they’ve been done as well, this bloke was on telly every night with scientists either side of him stressing the need not to do the things that he was doing. He’s the Prime Minister for f*ck’s sake, worse offenders!!!! I despair of the apologists for him
    The thing is, it’s “all about hatred of an individual”, there wasn’t all of this fuss when all of those other Prime Ministers were judged to have broken their own
    law - oh, hang on, that’s wrong isn’t it. But what about that “silly SNP woman”? What she did was much worse.

The King of whataboutery really has had a bit of a mare today.

Perhaps he did . He was on life support himself surely the rule in life is for all and perhaps if he has to resign from his job then everyone else who were caught should as a death is death.

Let's be honest this is not about Covid it's about hatred of an individual...
    HE WAS NOT ON LIFE SUPPORT he was in and out of hospital in a week. Another lie.

Q how many Boris supporters does it take to change a light bulb?

A None. Boris tells them he’s done it and they all sit around in the dark clapping.

Unfit to govern, a liar and a charlatan.