+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales discover World Cup playoff final date

Re: Wales discover World Cup playoff final date

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Dynamo Kiev played a friendly in Poland this week so clearly some arrangements have been made to keep at least some of the national team players fit and away from the fighting. A fair few play for DK.
    World tour of peace

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcXQ9ozo...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Glad there’s now a date and Ukraine get some chance to compete.

The PO game will obviously be the priority but it’s a bit disappointing it’s had to be (understandably) shoehorned into the NL fixtures. Whether we qualify for the WC or not, due to circumstances I can imagine these games will turn more into the friendlies they were designed to replace and feel a bit after the Lord Mayors show, which is a bit of a shame now we’re at the top table in the NL.

Interesting what Page will decide to do for the Poland game in particular. I imagine rest the likes of Bale, Ramsey, etc (would they even travel?) and play a mix of a second string and our younger first team regulars that aren’t getting a ton of game time at their clubs for a run out ahead of the final?

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Glad there’s now a date and Ukraine get some chance to compete.

The PO game will obviously be the priority but it’s a bit disappointing it’s had to be (understandably) shoehorned into the NL fixtures. Whether we qualify for the WC or not, due to circumstances I can imagine these games will turn more into the friendlies they were designed to replace and feel a bit after the Lord Mayors show, which is a bit of a shame now we’re at the top table in the NL.

Interesting what Page will decide to do for the Poland game in particular. I imagine rest the likes of Bale, Ramsey, etc (would they even travel?) and play a mix of a second string and our younger first team regulars that aren’t getting a ton of game time at their clubs for a run out ahead of the final?
    Talked about it on the way home from work last might with the work boys. Shame it's happened this way, nailed on to get relegated now but we have to concentrate on the WC really don't we!!!

Don’t see why they didn’t just directly replace the Holland home game in the NL with this one and play it in September or at the end of the international period in June.

Moving every game by a day or 2 and ruining away fans flights/hotels for Poland and Netherlands, and train/hotels for people from up north for the home games is poor

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Don’t see why they didn’t just directly replace the Holland home game in the NL with this one and play it in September or at the end of the international period in June.

Moving every game by a day or 2 and ruining away fans flights/hotels for Poland and Netherlands, and train/hotels for people from up north for the home games is poor
    Would the WFA have had any dialogue with them? If so you'd think they would have fought the fans corner on this a bit?

Potential for spare tickets.?

National League play off final is the same date.

Wrexham fans wont be happy with the date.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Would the WFA have had any dialogue with them? If so you'd think they would have fought the fans corner on this a bit?
    Would assume they would’ve and nothing to suggest they did everything they could to avoid the disruption, just a token acknowledgement from Noel Mooney on Twitter about plans going to waste.

Add to that the fact Wrexham fans potentially have a choice to make should they get to the NL play off final (which looks likely atm) its really harsh on those from up north that follow Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Potential for spare tickets.?

National League play off final is the same date.

Wrexham fans wont be happy with the date.
    What was the deal with the Czech friendly a few weeks back? Didn’t a lot of fans use their 2nd ticket from the Semi/Final double header for the friendly instead? Meaning there should be several thousand tickets going back on general sale. Unless I’ve got that all wrong.

What was the deal with the Czech friendly a few weeks back? Didn’t a lot of fans use their 2nd ticket from the Semi/Final double header for the friendly instead? Meaning there should be several thousand tickets going back on general sale. Unless I’ve got that all wrong.
    Czech game was sold separately so all the final
    tickets still valid

You've got that all wrong.

Final tickets carried over to any new date. Separate tickets were sold for the Czech game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You've got that all wrong.

Final tickets carried over to any new date. Separate tickets were sold for the Czech game.
    Ah okay. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As do I!
    As do I (Birmingham not Gatwick)

It's crazy. Scotland were already due to play the Ukraine at home in June and there was a Friday night NL game in Cardiff which could easily have been swapped which would have caused very little disruption (for the fans atleast).
    They've also managed to pick the one day in June that I can't do so I'm fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Wales' June fixtures
    Wednesday, 1 June: Poland v Wales (Nations League)

Sunday, 5 June: Wales v Scotland or Ukraine (World Cup play-off final)

Wednesday, 8 June: Wales v Netherlands (Nations League)

Saturday, 11 June: Wales v Belgium (Nations League)

Tuesday, 14 June: Netherlands v Wales (Nations League)
    Nice to have a decent warm up game before the the play-off final.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t know how anyone else feels, but i hope we play Ukraine. If we were to fail, then losing to them would be a lot less painful than getting done by the cheating sweaty socks.
    On the flip side, beating the Jocks to get to the World Cup would be immensely satisfying!

If it's Scotland, I think it's going to be violent as fcuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    If it's Scotland, I think it's going to be violent as fcuk.
    The players or the fans? Scotland away fans have a good reputation.