+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blood Money

Blood Money

Very strong words from Zelensky
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61107725

I can see Germany et al's point. They cant shut down their economy for it. But then they are effectively funding the war, making all other sanctions largely irrelevant.

The longer this goes on, Germany and others will come under increasing pressure on this.

Not sure what the answer is really. Even if the west refuse all Russian oil, they just sell it cheap to some other country elsewhere in the world who welcomes a cheaper price and Russia creates a new ally.

Re: Blood Money

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Not sure what the answer is really. Even if the west refuse all Russian oil, they just sell it cheap to some other country elsewhere in the world who welcomes a cheaper price and Russia creates a new ally.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yes - it is possible to criticise a problem and not have a better one lined up, but such opinions are just substantially less useful than also being able to offer up an alternative.
    Isn't this a bit of a useless opinion if you can't come up with an alternative?

I'm disappointed in you breaking your own rules so quickly after stating them. Worse than Johnson FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

I'm disappointed in you breaking your own rules so quickly after stating them. Worse than Johnson FFS!
    Touche!

Although in my defence, I am presenting two difficult decisions and acknowledging them. I'm not labelling one as an utterly useless abomination run by neo nazi tory racists and then failing to offer an alternative :)

FWIW I support anything that brings this all to an end, but if Germany can cut off Russian oil & gas it absolutely should. I suspect it cannot though.

This is the problem with Russia quite literally having [parts of] europe over a barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post