+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sean Dyche

Sean Dyche

Sacked. Pathetic.

Re: Sean Dyche

That is nonsense, looks like (big) Sam for the remainder.
    Total disrespect from the board.

Crazy.

Perhaps him saying that Everton didn't know how to win just before they beat MU and then losing to Norwich sealed his fate.

I did find it strange when he made those remarks especially when Burnley had won far less than Everton.

He won't be out of a job long.

Well, given that. Norwich are virtualcerts for relegation, I don’t mind which three of the bottom four go down now, the Burnley board clearly think their club becoming a Premier League regular since their last promotion is all down to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Crazy.

Perhaps him saying that Everton didn't know how to win just before they beat MU and then losing to Norwich sealed his fate.

I did find it strange when he made those remarks especially when Burnley had won far less than Everton.

He won't be out of a job long.
    I think those remarks were just to put more pressure on Everton in the relegation fight. Backfired somewhat but I just took those remarks as a bit of mind games for rest of season.

Surprised by the timing if nothing else. Looks to me as though the club have accepted relegation and will now start planning for the future.It’s a good job for someone, without a doubt.

Madness.

Burnley have got Yank owners who don't have a clue about football, or so it seems

Got a soft spot for Burnley. Their fans (well every one I have met over the years) don't whinge and moan when they are relegated, they just get on with supporting and getting behind their team. None of this 'Billy Big Bollux Bullshit" that you get off so many clubs supporters that have had a spell in the prem.

They probably think there are a few winnable games out of the 8 they have left and hope a new manager bounce will keep them up.
    Personally,I think it is pretty shabby but not surprising in modern day football.

A strange decision. They're going down whatever happens, and Dyche is probably the best man to bring them back up.

Interesting quote on the BBC sport newsfeed from a Burnley fan who was resigned to relegation and criticised Dyche for not motivating players this year (and some of his "stubborn" tactics), especially for games against teams around them in the table. Easy for us to say it's a daft decision. If we were in the bottom 3 with 8 games to go and meandering to the drop, wouldn't we expect something to be done?

Strange that they’ve left it until today, as well.
    Surely they should have done it after last Sunday’s match?

I have no problem with it. The board obviously think they're making a positive move. And they're doing it before they (possibly) get relegated, not after.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think those remarks were just to put more pressure on Everton in the relegation fight. Backfired somewhat but I just took those remarks as a bit of mind games for rest of season.
    Exactly.

Could well bite them on the arse this

New American owners came in last year and plunged the club into debt to fund their purchase. Wondered how long Dyche would last from that moment on, he would have done well to leave them and cash in on his reputations. He’ll get a low premier / high championship job. If Burnley go down they could really struggle, especially if the owners get bored with trips to Wigan, Blackpool and Swansea

Can we have him

They will definitely go down this season, and it will be a very long time before we see them back imo. Not sure Dyche will be successful anywhere else either.
    A match made in heaven has reached divorce proceedings, and neither will benefit.

Poor decision that man has kept a upper end Championship side in the Premiership better that anyone else could no real investment, they no are hoping for a new manager bounce as Hilts rightly states PATHETIC , hope they fall now.

Dyche is a very decent manager, too good for the Championship,.