Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
I was referring to him likely choosing Diana Ross to take the opening penalty of the USA World Cup.

Life on Mars seems happy to suggest that most male refugees are wrong-uns and literally said that he thinks most of them aren't "true refugees". I find that very distasteful.

Did you miss that comment or just choose to ignore it as he's been supporting the same policy and party as you?

From his comments he's clearly happy for them to remain in their home country where they could be murdered by the state they are trying to flee as they're not true refugees unless they managed to procreate.

He would have had any fleeing male Rwandans flown back there and any criticism or question of his statements would presumably result in him telling me to put one of them up in my non-existent spare room (got a house full, sorry Life on Mars) if I care enough.

Very distasteful if you ask me.
Except that's unlikely to be the case isn't it.

Wilfully misunderstanding someones point and just labelling them as racist, or in this case as someone supportive of genocide is quite a common debating tactic nowadays, but it's a disingenuous one.

There's an issue that needs solving that currently works for no-one (aside from criminal gangs). It clearly is not the best way to deal with people in need of help and it's not the best way for our country to operate an immigration policy.

People are allowed to say these things and discuss them without being accused of supporting genocide for goodness sake.