Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I think the most vulnerable refugees probably should be prioritised to be honest, as opposed to those with the health and wealth to get to Calais and pay for it. I'd say that is us facilitating a system that is not doing what it is designed to do.

I'm not an expert on international law in these matters, but if they tolerate what is currently happening, I would say they aren't fit for purpose.

By the way, it is now reportedly day number 7 with no boat crossings. Something is definitely happening..
Well done the navy and home office for saving those unnecessary journeys and death , its would not be needed if our European partners cared more about their plight rather than watch it happen from their shore line , there was a great recent piece in the guardian where the correspondent was struck on the different attitude shown to white refugees of Ukrainians placed in French hotels and those of a dark skin in the awful Calais like camps , that are frequently stormed by riot police and torn down . There is no welcome in them French hillsides