+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would Labour Risk Reversing The Rwandan Solution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Would Labour Risk Reversing The Rwandan Solution

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You may think his views are abhorrent but accusing someone of supporting genocide is also abhorrent. And you know it. At the very least you have dropped to levels you profess to dislike. We all say stupid stuff sometimes.
    I stand by it and can explain why I have my view, which is based on Life on Mars' own words.

Ask him why he thinks single male refugees aren't genuine if you feel like getting involved. Good luck getting a genuine answer.

Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I stand by it and can explain why I have my view, which is based on Life on Mars' own words.

Ask him why he thinks single male refugees aren't genuine if you feel like getting involved. Good luck getting a genuine answer.

Have a great day.
    It is because he doesn't understand what a refugee is and has bought hook line and sinker the idea that illegal immigrants are usually chancers who wouldn't otherwise be deserving of asylum.

He quite frequently links almost any topic back to his 'tough upbringing', yet doesn't seem to see the irony in casting judgement on a male refugee who has likely experienced things so terrible he couldn't even imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is because he doesn't understand what a refugee is and has bought hook line and sinker the idea that illegal immigrants are usually chancers who wouldn't otherwise be deserving of asylum.

He quite frequently links almost any topic back to his 'tough upbringing', yet doesn't seem to see the irony in casting judgement on a male refugee who has likely experienced things so terrible he couldn't even imagine.
    Equally, you may have bought hook line and sinker that everyone on a small boat is a genuine refugee, or the most deserving refugee. Neither of which are true.

The system isn't working or most definitely could work better.

Equally, you may have bought hook line and sinker that everyone on a small boat is a genuine refugee, or the most deserving refugee. Neither of which are true.

The system isn't working or most definitely could work better.
    'The Most Deserving Refugee', don't let Simon Cowell hear that idea.

Anyway, no I don't believe that and my posts in this thread don't imply that I do.

You have however displayed approval at the prospect of the UK breaking international law by penalising refugees based on their method of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    'The Most Deserving Refugee', don't let Simon Cowell hear that idea.

Anyway, no I don't believe that and my posts in this thread don't imply that I do.

You have however displayed approval at the prospect of the UK breaking international law by penalising refugees based on their method of entry.
    I think the most vulnerable refugees probably should be prioritised to be honest, as opposed to those with the health and wealth to get to Calais and pay for it. I'd say that is us facilitating a system that is not doing what it is designed to do.

I'm not an expert on international law in these matters, but if they tolerate what is currently happening, I would say they aren't fit for purpose.

By the way, it is now reportedly day number 7 with no boat crossings. Something is definitely happening..

I think the most vulnerable refugees probably should be prioritised to be honest, as opposed to those with the health and wealth to get to Calais and pay for it. I'd say that is us facilitating a system that is not doing what it is designed to do.

I'm not an expert on international law in these matters, but if they tolerate what is currently happening, I would say they aren't fit for purpose.

By the way, it is now reportedly day number 7 with no boat crossings. Something is definitely happening..
    Well done the navy and home office for saving those unnecessary journeys and death , its would not be needed if our European partners cared more about their plight rather than watch it happen from their shore line , there was a great recent piece in the guardian where the correspondent was struck on the different attitude shown to white refugees of Ukrainians placed in French hotels and those of a dark skin in the awful Calais like camps , that are frequently stormed by riot police and torn down . There is no welcome in them French hillsides