+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would Labour Risk Reversing The Rwandan Solution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Would Labour Risk Reversing The Rwandan Solution

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Extreme right wing government for 12 years? That's a ridiculous statement and you know it. Pretty offensive to those in history that have genuinely suffered under extreme right-wing governments.
    (and rightly so)O
    So you're just going to ignore austerity deaths, covid deaths (right wing countries had worse death rate than lefts ones) nevermind the dramatic increase in poverty over the past 12 years then?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    So you're just going to ignore austerity deaths, covid deaths (right wing countries had worse death rate than lefts ones) nevermind the dramatic increase in poverty over the past 12 years then?
    Sorry? What? Start again. You have just mentioned a few random (but important) cherry picked stats there and not delved into them at all, whilst of course not mentioned a great many random (but important) stats on other topics.

I'm not arguing whether left or right-wing governments handled Covid better, because I don't view things through that binary narrow spectrum. Equally, I'm not arguing whether Catholic or Protestent countries handled it better, or capitalist or communist countries. I strongly suspect that no clear pattern emerged and in terms of Covid restrictions, they don't fit easily into a left/right scale anyway as all, in normal times, were extremely authoritarian.

My point is that you said Britain has had an extreme right-wing government for 12 years, which is clearly absolutely nonsense and clear hyperbole even for this board.

It's fine, we all exaggerate, but no need to double down on it

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Sorry? What? Start again. You have just mentioned a few random (but important) cherry picked stats there and not delved into them at all, whilst of course not mentioned a great many random (but important) stats on other topics.

I'm not arguing whether left or right-wing governments handled Covid better, because I don't view things through that binary narrow spectrum. Equally, I'm not arguing whether Catholic or Protestent countries handled it better, or capitalist or communist countries. I strongly suspect that no clear pattern emerged and in terms of Covid restrictions, they don't fit easily into a left/right scale anyway as all, in normal times, were extremely authoritarian.

My point is that you said Britain has had an extreme right-wing government for 12 years, which is clearly absolutely nonsense and clear hyperbole even for this board.

It's fine, we all exaggerate, but no need to double down on it
    It isn't though is it. The current government are extreme right wing e.g. priviatise everything, send assylum seekers to Rwanda, you're absolutely deluded if you think otherwise. I then provided facts to show people have suffered under this extreme right wing government.

Honestly if you were Russian you'd defend Putin.