+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrexham conundrum - what would you do?

Re: Wrexham conundrum - what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd have two tellies and watch both games simulaneously.
    But which one would have the sound up?

I looked at the Wrexham forum a couple of days ago and they were more or less the same - club.

Id still choose City everytime but a World Cup in November in Qatar should never happened.

Wales for me.

Personally the euros (both) were better than our premier league seasons. By quite a distance. The Premier league seasons were boring really (although we were awful both times) but the euros were brilliant.

However Wrexham are a really exciting club at the moment and going places so harder for them to choose than city fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Wales for me.

Personally the euros (both) were better than our premier league seasons. By quite a distance. The Premier league seasons were boring really (although we were awful both times) but the euros were brilliant.

However Wrexham are a really exciting club at the moment and going places so harder for them to choose than city fans.
    Not judging by the responses its not.

City. Even a world cup match itself wouldn't compete, it's just not even close for me personally.

Wales for me.

How is it easier for them to choose club over country? I was under the impression that the question was posed with the clubs being in the same situation i.e. us being in a play off final same day as a Wales play off final, not the current situation we’re in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Not judging by the responses its not.
    Maybe. I think Cardiff really struggling for identity on and off the pitch currently but wales have both.

The teams play in the same stadium but the difference in atmospheres is ridiculous. Wales games are so loud and passionate whereas Cardiff is lukewarm. Even when 33,000 every week in premier league the atmosphere was poor and the only time people really got excited was when an away fan was in the home end.

V Swansea a few weeks ago the only song sung loud was about fathers sexually abusing 10 year old boys.

And don't even start about on the pitch.....

For me it's wales every time.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    But which one would have the sound up?
    Wales for the anthem, the City for the alternative Hymns ‘n’ Arias obviously

Maybe. I think Cardiff really struggling for identity on and off the pitch currently but wales have both.

The teams play in the same stadium but the difference in atmospheres is ridiculous. Wales games are so loud and passionate whereas Cardiff is lukewarm. Even when 33,000 every week in premier league the atmosphere was poor and the only time people really got excited was when an away fan was in the home end.

V Swansea a few weeks ago the only song sung loud was about fathers sexually abusing 10 year old boys.

Not sure what the opposite of rose tinted spectacles is but you seem to suffer from it - City on a good day in any big game has a superb atmosphere ( yes admittedly all too rare) and in the other hand, if Wales were 0-5 down at home it would be a little flat too.

Fair enough but thats because the Welsh Football team by our standards are going through a successful stage.

If we were playing out the group with so many home defeats like City struggling near the bottom of the group I doubt the stadium would be half full.

I also doubt thered be anything other than a terrible atmosphere either if were one nil down within minutes.

It just shows how fickle football fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Fair enough but thats because the Welsh Football team by our standards are going through a successful stage.

If we were playing out the group with so many home defeats like City struggling near the bottom of the group I doubt the stadium would be half full.

I also doubt thered be anything other than a terrible atmosphere either if were one nil down within minutes.

It just shows how fickle football fans are.
    True, we were all there in the 5,000 (around about that, wasn’t it?) against Azerbaijan rattling around at the Millennium Stadium when the last golden generation were in its dying embers………… or rather weren’t all there

Wales for me. I’ve seen the City 4 times at Wembley and seen us promoted twice, all in the last 13 years. I’ve never and may never again see Wales qualify for a World Cup. It would be a tough decision but for this occasion I’d have to choose Wales.

Last minute decision. If Bale joins Ramsey on the injury list then watch Wrexham as Wales will probably lose.

Club everytime.

Wales for me.