+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morison: Cardiff City need players who 'understand the game'

Steve Morison: Cardiff City need players who 'understand the game'

Re: Steve Morison: Cardiff City need players who 'understand the game'

“The young players don’t understand the game,” says the man who has been coaching them for two years.

Nothing is ever his fault.

I'm not his biggest fan but what he says seems reasonable enough in general. Perhaps we should've (and still should) sign an experienced player for the U23s to help orchestrate from the centre. A couple of clubs have already done this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...hton-under-23s

I suspect the club would be better off if it signed a player who could orchestrate things in the centre of the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    “The young players don’t understand the game,” says the man who has been coaching them for two years.
    I think it takes more than two years to understand the game well enough to do what he wants. Some players never develop this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Nothing is ever his fault.
    Come on, how many managers admit things are their fault

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He got them right at the end. Whats your point you utter misery?

Morison don't come across as a manager who is very motivational. He just stands on the touchline looking perplexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Morison don't come across as a manager who is very motivational. He just stands on the touchline looking perplexed.
    he had the chance today to put on a good performance but frankly it showed up a lot of problems.

tactically he seemed to be lost when we got behind and we never looked like scoring.

my first time at the ccs for a long long time and a pretty poor showing.

Have you seen any training sesssions.

I suspect not, neither have I,but perhaps he motivates them in training.

I don't go to matches so I have no idea whether he just stand there looking 'perplexed' as you say. Be interested to hear someone else's view of how animated he is on the touchline.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

I don't go to matches so I have no idea whether he just stand there looking 'perplexed' as you say. Be interested to hear someone else's view of how animated he is on the touchline.
    To be honest I don't care what he's like in training sessions, I want him to put the fear of god into them on match days.

Not sure I watch him that much as I am focusing on the pitch but did see him today shouting things onto the pitch and a couple of times in delays he brought players over to talk to them.

Wonder how much the players can hear him or listen him to him in the heat of the moment??

There are lots of arm waving animated crap managers mind

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    he had the chance today to put on a good performance but frankly it showed up a lot of problems.

tactically he seemed to be lost when we got behind and we never looked like scoring.

my first time at the ccs for a long long time and a pretty poor showing.
    First of all it is the players that put on the performance. When they step over the white line it is up to them. Next, you must have been watching a different game to me. There were lots of good things about our performance, we created chances and deserved to win. Finally we are experimenting with tactics, players and formations, looking forward to next season. Young players are being given opportunities to show what they can do. I don't understand the attitude of people who constantly criticise, without taking account of the overall picture. We are safe from relegation. What did you expect in this type of match at the end of the season anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    First of all it is the players that put on the performance. When they step over the white line it is up to them. Next, you must have been watching a different game to me. There were lots of good things about our performance, we created chances and deserved to win. Finally we are experimenting with tactics, players and formations, looking forward to next season. Young players are being given opportunities to show what they can do. I don't understand the attitude of people who constantly criticise, without taking account of the overall picture. We are safe from relegation. What did you expect in this type of match at the end of the season anyway ?
    What were the good things about our performance, we had 2 chances one of those fell to a player on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There will always be something to moan about.

Now we are experimenting people are moaning the fans didn't get a performance. We can't have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There will always be something to moan about.

Now we are experimenting people are moaning the fans didn't get a performance. We can't have it all.
    Perhaps if you went to a game now and again you may not be such a happy clapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not sure I watch him that much as I am focusing on the pitch but did see him today shouting things onto the pitch and a couple of times in delays he brought players over to talk to them.

Wonder how much the players can hear him or listen him to him in the heat of the moment??
    So he did more than just stand looking 'perplexed' then?

What were the good things about our performance, we had 2 chances one of those fell to a player on loan.
    Aren't they allowed to pass to a player on loan then?????

Perhaps if you went to a game now and again you may not be such a happy clapper.
    Hmmm.

For someone who hasn't been on here long you're throwing that line out.

This board does make you wonder at times.

So he did more than just stand looking 'perplexed' then?
    Not sure SM will get any grace from some regardless of what he does

There's people whose glass is half full those whose half empty and then for others it's is simply full of piss

Me I'm looking forward positively

There's people whose glass is half full those whose half empty and then for others it's is simply full of piss

Well said.

I've noticed him bringing players over for a quick instructional chat. It does make me wonder what and who that is about.

It's a summer of hope. Once the loanees go back, we need to recruit big time. There's promise with the young players. I feel that a good summer could mean a playoff push. A bad summer equals relegation.