+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christ what a drab end to the season ........

Re: Christ what a drab end to the season ........

Was going to try and traverse the M5 traffic from Exmouth and make the game. In the end thought better of it. Just as well judging by most fans comments on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Was going to try and traverse the M5 traffic from Exmouth and make the game. In the end thought better of it. Just as well judging by most fans comments on the game.
    Where are you based, old fruit? I confess that I went walking on Dartmoor rather than use my ST today.

We had two golden chances but missed them and thought the ref had a shocker in the 2nd half particularly - thought we did okay today for a side playing for little against a side playing for everything

Didn't cause us much trouble at all apart from the goal.

We appear a work in progress and I for one am quite excited about next season - can't wait

Just watching the WBA forest game and two players one from each side got booked and gave away free kicks for similar tackles on Davies both of which we got nothing and the first of which led to the goal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’d like to know what new things were tried today? Shooting, crossing, heading? Nope.
    He tried to keep Vaulks away from the long throw-ins until desperation took hold.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    If it wasn't for Derby and Readings point deductions we'd still be looking over our shoulder with difficult trips to Boro and Sheff utd to come.
    No we wouldn't. We'd be 18th, Peterborough and Barnsley would be virtually relegated and we'd have a game in hand over Hull and Birmingham below us with us still being above Reading and Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Where are you based, old fruit? I confess that I went walking on Dartmoor rather than use my ST today.
    Just a holiday old bean. Looks like you made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No we wouldn't. We'd be 18th, Peterborough and Barnsley would be virtually relegated and we'd have a game in hand over Hull and Birmingham below us with us still being above Reading and Bristol City.
    So just 4 points above third bottom Birmingham then, who we play in our final home game.....that's looking over your shoulder big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    currently on the M4 with the missus driving. first game in a long time. that game reminded me of a meal made with old scraps from the fridge. dreadful, unappealing, random, fragmented. I am not a football coach but have seen enough games to know that what I witnessed today was grim and clueless. sorry but Morrison is not the man imho.
    I think that is an excellent analogy.

But SM has to be given the summer to shift out players and bring players in and get a decent pre-season.

Jury is still out on SM, but he can hardly be blamed for the 'scraps' that are on the pitch having inherited an extremely unbalanced and limited squad caused by successive managers stripping out pace and flair.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thank god for fishing 🎣
    Nothing to play for, thank God it's not a relegation battle, it looked like it could have been not long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Awful today, could easily have drifted into a coma first half
    What game were you watching ? It wasn't Cardiff v Luton that's for sure.

I've said it before and ill say it again,if we dont get a ball winner and a playmaker in midfield we are going nowhere. As far as im concerned Doyle has been ok but never a Whittingham and Vaulks is a liability. How he has not been sent off this season i dont know. We just do not create enough chances,even at home. Defence need sorting too. Hugill has done ok but not the answer. Come to think of it we need a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Absolutely but it's still drab
    To be fair, you didn't help with your constant moaning about the standard of minge this season!! it's after covid ffs give 'em a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What game were you watching ? It wasn't Cardiff v Luton that's for sure.
    The first half was pathetic and the second half got slightly better.