+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Average Gate 19,000

  1. #1

    Average Gate 19,000

    I think thatís pretty good considering the season we have had.

  2. #2

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    We do have a lot of season ticket holders, but I'm guessing a lot of them haven't been showing up recently. Lots of empty seats today, for example.

  3. #3

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We do have a lot of season ticket holders, but I'm guessing a lot of them haven't been showing up recently. Lots of empty seats today, for example.
    Too true. The idea of a 240 mile round trip in Bank Holiday traffic was too rich for my blood. Club notified me that my seats in the upper Ninian 400 blocks not available next season so will probably do it on a match by match basis next year.

  4. #4

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    I’m guessing ,I’m away at wife’s parents and I have 4 season tickets

  5. #5

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    My last game today for a while, 8 month old baby now so Saturdayís will be taken up a bit more next season.
    Iíve missed 2 home games and done 12 aways, I donít think Iíll miss it, itís become a bit of a chore

  6. #6

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    met 2 ST fans this weekend at Center parcs, the one said he hasn't missed a game ( apart from covid times ) since 87, he has missed a few this season and just can be arsed

  7. #7

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    I think the majority of clubs have seen a dip in attendances (big dips in some cases) due to Covid. People had 18 months away from football without attending games and picked up new hobbies and interests. I wouldnít be surprised to see crowds slowly go up across the leagues over the next few years. There will always be new, young fans and a few that lost interest will come back.
    All in all, 19k for our worst season in 20+ years is damn good.

  8. #8

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Not a bad number considering how poor this season has been.

    I was thinking of this earlier but I would imagine the city would have to be in with a shout of being one of the clubs in the Football League with the biggest differential between record highest and lowest historic attendances.

  9. #9

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Not a bad number considering how poor this season has been.

    I was thinking of this earlier but I would imagine the city would have to be in with a shout of being one of the clubs in the Football League with the biggest differential between record highest and lowest historic attendances.
    Charlton have 40k in 1949 and 5.1k in 1985, can anyone beat that?

  10. #10

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Charlton have 40k in 1949 and 5.1k in 1985, can anyone beat that?
    City averaged 37,933 in 1953 and 2,826 in 1987.

    City had attendances of 42,482 and 5,867 in the same league season in 1958 according to http://european-football-statistics....eague/carc.htm

  11. #11

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I think the majority of clubs have seen a dip in attendances (big dips in some cases) due to Covid. People had 18 months away from football without attending games and picked up new hobbies and interests. I wouldnít be surprised to see crowds slowly go up across the leagues over the next few years. There will always be new, young fans and a few that lost interest will come back.
    All in all, 19k for our worst season in 20+ years is damn good.
    Bristol City published the same attendance as us yesterday, versus Sheff. Utd. The stadium looked half full - which would make it 14,000 or so in attendance. Swansea are 'getting' 17 -18,000 for home games in a 21,000 capacity stadium, yet again, it looks 75% full at best. Same with Blackburn, Stoke, etc, etc. Crowds will be down next season across the board in the Championship.

  12. #12

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    With, almost certainly, price rises by most teams for season tickets a lot of people are going to struggle to make/ justify renewing when faced with the cost of living increases that we are seeing.

    I heard on BBC breakfast TV this morning that the likes of Sky & BT are seeing record levels of cancellations due to financial concerns.

    It’s not a huge leap to think that will also be reflected in ticket sales.

  13. #13

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Charlton have 40k in 1949 and 5.1k in 1985, can anyone beat that?
    Maybe Chelsea. They used to get 80,000. Not sure how bad it got in the '80s. 10,000?

  14. #14

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bristol City published the same attendance as us yesterday, versus Sheff. Utd. The stadium looked half full - which would make it 14,000 or so in attendance. Swansea are 'getting' 17 -18,000 for home games in a 21,000 capacity stadium, yet again, it looks 75% full at best. Same with Blackburn, Stoke, etc, etc. Crowds will be down next season across the board in the Championship.
    It's completely wrong clubs can do this. Attendance is how many people attend. Not the number of tickets sold. Major League Soccer used to do this. They would nominally give out thousands of tickets to schools knowing most wouldnt come, and then claim sell-outs, despite it being obviously not so.

    A form of double-think.

  15. #15

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe Chelsea. They used to get 80,000. Not sure how bad it got in the '80s. 10,000?
    lowest 15k highest average 48 I think

  16. #16

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think that’s pretty good considering the season we have had.
    Closing areas of the red seats next season aren't they?

  17. #17

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    The bums on seats crowd average would be interesting to know but I donít think the club would ever publish that. Season ticket no shows must be a concern as I guess a number of existing season ticket holders may only have renewed this season as they had a credit rolled forward from 20/21 and they may not renew next time round.

  18. #18

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    With, almost certainly, price rises by most teams for season tickets a lot of people are going to struggle to make/ justify renewing when faced with the cost of living increases that we are seeing.

    I heard on BBC breakfast TV this morning that the likes of Sky & BT are seeing record levels of cancellations due to financial concerns.

    Itís not a huge leap to think that will also be reflected in ticket sales.
    BBC licence fee cancellationís not mentioned in their report. The current figures show that 1.7 million people have taken that option in 2021 and that grew from the previous year of about 1.5 million people. So that is a 200,000 increase. I wonder how many customers have cancelled in 2022.

  19. #19

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Closing areas of the red seats next season aren't they?
    Till we unveil Bale and they will open it

  20. #20

    Re: Average Gate 19,000

    Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Closing areas of the red seats next season aren't they?
    They only opened them this season because of Covid regulations, which have now ended.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •