+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need a New Manager

We need a New Manager

Unable to score against injury ravaged side. Cardiff strolled through the game as if it were a friendly. IMO Steve Morrison not up to the job.

Re: We need a New Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Unable to score against injury ravaged side. Cardiff strolled through the game as if it were a friendly. IMO Steve Morrison not up to the job.
    It basically was one for us though.

Most of the team know they aren't here next season and the result almost meaningless for our season.

Lets be honest, he is our manager because he was the cheap option. We are not going to sack him having already given him a contract for next season. In hindsight club should have held their nerve and just waited until end of the season like they initially planned, thanked him for his efforts and went down a different avenue.

New manger, with a new philosophy, with scope to sign a load of players to fit that philosophy this summer, but instead we are stuck with a Btec Neil Harris.

I don't particularly have faith in Steve Morrison but he has steadied the club and we possibly were heading for relegation. Hasn't had a chance to shape it properly and there's some good prospects coming through. I can overlook the Swans result. He certainly deserves a summer to rebuild and start afresh next season.

let's see how we get on over the summer.

what would be considered a success of or next season? top half?
    I don't think we are in the position to expect challenging for the playoffs. if we are top half, with a better style of play and continued pathway for youth then that's a successful next season IMO.
    if we make some inspired signings and everything just clicks then it is of course possible that we would exceed that, but I don't think we should be expecting that

we were heading to League 1 when he took over, his team has bagged enough points to keep us up

these dead rubber games are always a bit pointless, some of the players know they will not be with us next season and are already " on the beach " ( as the saying goes )

we were crying out for a manager to play some youth players, SM has done just that, we have to hope they are the future and next year will come good

With all the pressure on games/results these days it must be nice to be able to experiment and try things out. I think he’s done all right bar the swansea debacle, not like we have much choice anyway is it? What young aspiring managers are knocking on our door? Or do we just talk about any that are Welsh ffs….a few key signing, decent loans and we can rebuild like MM did when he took over. He didn’t have any youth coming through either….

He’s done a great job and imo had a great January transfer window which we all know is a difficult one especially when you need players for a relegation battle.

I’m looking forward to seeing what can be done over the summer with him in charge.

It’s been said countless times on here that the club needs a huge change in style, with a philosophy embedded.
    Finally, we have a manager who’s trying to do just that, with one arm tied behind his back - financially.
    This is going to take some time (again, said on here a million times) and the road is going to be a bumpy one.
    Morison has made mistakes along the way - the Swansea match being one of them (and the one that some find unorgivable), but to try and hound him out now is madness.
    We haven’t got any money and so far, he’s mostly done and said the right things. He has a lot to learn, but at least he’s not afraid to speak out.
    As for those wanting Dyche - really? Burnley aren’t exactly famed for playing a progressive style of football, so why would we want to go for a quick fix kind of manager?
    The Luton result is of little consequence. I was at the game and it’s plain to see that our season is now being used to prepare for the next.
    Surely that’s better than just trying to win games, without looking at what’s possible with the current squad? These games will help to inform the coaching staff as to what/who is needed for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s been said countless times on here that the club needs a huge change in style, with a philosophy embedded.
    Finally, we have a manager who’s trying to do just that, with one arm tied behind his back - financially.
    This is going to take some time (again, said on here a million times) and the road is going to be a bumpy one.
    Morison has made mistakes along the way - the Swansea match being one of them (and the one that some find unorgivable), but to try and hound him out now is madness.
    We haven’t got any money and so far, he’s mostly done and said the right things. He has a lot to learn, but at least he’s not afraid to speak out.
    As for those wanting Dyche - really? Burnley aren’t exactly famed for playing a progressive style of football, so why would we want to go for a quick fix kind of manager?
    The Luton result is of little consequence. I was at the game and it’s plain to see that our season is now being used to prepare for the next.
    Surely that’s better than just trying to win games, without looking at what’s possible with the current squad? These games will help to inform the coaching staff as to what/who is needed for next season.
    Agree with all of this.
    No point judging him on meaningless matches like yesterday. The summer transfer window and the first half of next season is the real test.

Dyche is hardly a quick fix manager, hes only managed 2 clubs and one of them for 10 years

I was also at the game. If that was Morison preparing for next season, then 2022/23 is set to be grim.

I don’t believe the manager should be hounded out, but I also don’t buy this ‘preparing for next season’ nonsense. If that’s what he’s doing, why is he fielding five loan players?

The ‘experimenting’ claim is just an excuse people are making to defend Morison. He was getting the plaudits when the team was playing better and getting results. He’s equally responsible for the crap his side has served up in recent weeks.

In statistical terms, this is the club’s worst Football League season since the mid-Nineties and Morison should certainly shoulder his share of the blame for that.

Morison can’t be judged on the whole season, when a third of it was Mad Mick and the squad was messed up last summer - not to mention having to sell Moore in the last window.
    Maybe he’s fielding at least some of the loan players because they represent gaps in the permanent set up and also because he wants our own players to learn from them.
    If he just played the kids and we got spanked, then he’d be hammered on this board for not taking the league seriously.
    I’m not suggesting that he’s some sort of messiah, but it’s very easy to keep wanting to change the manager, when perhaps we should be patient.

Morison can’t be judged on the whole season, when a third of it was Mad Mick and the squad was messed up last summer - not to mention having to sell Moore in the last window.
    Maybe he’s fielding at least some of the loan players because they represent gaps in the permanent set up and also because he wants our own players to learn from them.
    If he just played the kids and we got spanked, then he’d be hammered on this board for not taking the league seriously.
    I’m not suggesting that he’s some sort of messiah, but it’s very easy to keep wanting to change the manager, when perhaps we should be patient.
    Maybe Morison should be the one exercising patience. He’s quick enough to tell us the youngsters are raw and still learning the game, so don’t then complain about their understanding of the game, which can only get better with experience.

People talk about the board holding their nerve and then not willing to give a manager a chance

More plusses than minuses for me since he took over but he is not perfect then who the hell would be for what we have and can afford - he is young and needs to learn the management game as he has already alluded to in previous interviews

I'm looking forward to next season already but also looking to see how people like Colwill Davies bagan etc continue this season - not necessarily concerned about the results now to an extent but how those that will be with us next year perform

People chuck names around as if it's a football manager game. I expect Dyche is looking a little higher than us but not many other realistic names listed

Saturdays loss rather than the performance is manna from heaven for some

International

I doubt Dyche would come, he could probably walk into any Championship team with promotion prospects, but if we could get him now we should, what's the point in spending millions on players if the the Manager isn't the best you can get?

You see golfers with thousand of pounds worth of clubs smashing the ball into lakes, ponds trees, and bunkers and then a top golfer with twenty pound clubs smash it onto the green, all the gear no idea, that's half the Managers we've had since DJ.

Don't spend millions on new clubs, get a half decent golfer (Dyche) and get his some him decent unbranded clubs and a few old second hand bargains from ebay, having played golf at a good standard for quite a while, he'll know where to get the bargains and how to use them ��

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I doubt Dyche would come, he could probably walk into any Championship team with promotion prospects, but if we could get him now we should, what's the point in spending millions on players if the the Manager isn't the best you can get?

You see golfers with thousand of pounds worth of clubs smashing the ball into lakes, ponds trees, and bunkers and then a top golfer with twenty pound clubs smash it onto the green, all the gear no idea, that's half the Managers we've had since DJ.

Don't spend millions on new clubs, get a half decent golfer (Dyche) and get his some him decent unbranded clubs and a few old second hand bargains from ebay, having played golf at a good standard for quite a while, he'll know where to get the bargains and how to use them ��
    what on earth are you on about

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what on earth are you on about
    Sorry is it too complicated for you?

It means, the Manager is the most important person at the football club, so spend money on him and let him get the best out of the players

I love the way people say who would come and manage us. We are a championship football club ffs, we are one of the biggest clubs outside of the Premier League and since 2009, all bar 3 seasons, have been fighting for promotion / play-offs to the PL or actually in the PL. There would be a queue as long as Sloper Road with people wanting to manage us.

Instead we have some two bob ex-player learning the management trade on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I love the way people say who would come and manage us. We are a championship football club ffs, we are one of the biggest clubs outside of the Premier League and since 2009, all bar 3 seasons, have been fighting for promotion / play-offs to the PL or actually in the PL. There would be a queue as long as Sloper Road with people wanting to manage us.

Instead we have some two bob ex-player learning the management trade on the job.
    we are a middling championship club these days, any of the teams with parachute payments to spend are going to be a more attractive prospect than us.

could we attract a manager with a bigger reputation? yes definitely, but it is no guarantee of success.

There’s too much hysteria on this board after a run of poor results.
    For the first time in many years, we have some idea of what the club is trying to achieve.
    No, it isn’t perfect, but the grass is not always greener.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sorry is it too complicated for you?

It means, the Manager is the most important person at the football club, so spend money on him and let him get the best out of the players
    We have a club with enormous potential, vast potential fan base and premier league infrastructure but have always wanted managers on the cheap. IMO sometime down the line Morrison will get the sack. We have to realise that we have to invest in a manager not hope that a cheap alternative will come off. The sooner this is done the better!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we are a middling championship club these days, any of the teams with parachute payments to spend are going to be a more attractive prospect than us.

could we attract a manager with a bigger reputation? yes definitely, but it is no guarantee of success.
    Thats what 3,4,5 teams? Theres 24 teams in the league mun. The Lutons and Huddersfields and Coventrys of the league are not where they are based on budget thats for sure, its good management that has got them punching above their weight.

Besides, even if we are just a "middling champinonship club" its no place for a novice like Morison to be learning his trade on the job. Its still a Top 30 job in the country.

We have a club with enormous potential, vast potential fan base and premier league infrastructure but have always wanted managers on the cheap. IMO sometime down the line Morrison will get the sack. We have to realise that we have to invest in a manager not hope that a cheap alternative will come off. The sooner this is done the better!!
    Spot on, but with these numpties in charge we will never invest wisely. I mean, this is a club that employed Russell Slade to be their manager ffs.

He has to be judged on his first full season. To be fair, what he did in January was pretty impressive. Half the team are out the door in three weeks. I'm OK with him for now.