+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We need a New Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: We need a New Manager

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thats what 3,4,5 teams? Theres 24 teams in the league mun. The Lutons and Huddersfields and Coventrys of the league are not where they are based on budget thats for sure, its good management that has got them punching above their weight.

Besides, even if we are just a "middling champinonship club" its no place for a novice like Morison to be learning his trade on the job. Its still a Top 30 job in the country.
    Agreed In fairness Morrison has done well, but as I've said before don't settle for quite good, plan ahead and get the best Manager we can get when he's available, like Chris Wilder at the time, now Sean Dyche, these quality Managers aren't available most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed In fairness Morrison has done well, but as I've said before don't settle for quite good, plan ahead and get the best Manager we can get when he's available, like Chris Wilder at the time, now Sean Dyche, these quality Managers aren't available most of the time.
    we tried to get Chris wilder and he didn't want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Did anyone bar Pulis?

International

That's true but maybe Dyche would fancy it, I would try and get that calibre of manager as possible as I think it's the most important decision the club needs to make. Maybe Steve Cooper if he fails to go up at Forrest, but would he want to come home to his Dads club just yet?

If not we'll see what Morison can do with a proper transfer window, enforced mass sell off and a full pre season, it's a massive job, I'm not a Morison hater, I just think if a really good Manager like Dyche becomes available you ask him the question!

Wilder was at the Fulham game. He was 100% interested. Boro sacked Warnock, and they're northern (so closer to home) with money to spend, so he went for them. Had Boro not sacked Warnock, I'm pretty sure we'd have Wilder in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wilder was at the Fulham game. He was 100% interested. Boro sacked Warnock, and they're northern (so closer to home) with money to spend, so he went for them. Had Boro not sacked Warnock, I'm pretty sure we'd have Wilder in charge.
    Agreed. He wasn't there to watch Fulham. We sacked McCarthy straight after the next game as well. There was no indication that Morison would get the job permanently until after Middlesbrough got rid of Warnock two weeks later and Wilder became unavailable.