+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We need a New Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: We need a New Manager

I doubt Dyche would come, he could probably walk into any Championship team with promotion prospects, but if we could get him now we should, what's the point in spending millions on players if the the Manager isn't the best you can get?

You see golfers with thousand of pounds worth of clubs smashing the ball into lakes, ponds trees, and bunkers and then a top golfer with twenty pound clubs smash it onto the green, all the gear no idea, that's half the Managers we've had since DJ.

Don't spend millions on new clubs, get a half decent golfer (Dyche) and get his some him decent unbranded clubs and a few old second hand bargains from ebay, having played golf at a good standard for quite a while, he'll know where to get the bargains and how to use them ��

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I doubt Dyche would come, he could probably walk into any Championship team with promotion prospects, but if we could get him now we should, what's the point in spending millions on players if the the Manager isn't the best you can get?

You see golfers with thousand of pounds worth of clubs smashing the ball into lakes, ponds trees, and bunkers and then a top golfer with twenty pound clubs smash it onto the green, all the gear no idea, that's half the Managers we've had since DJ.

Don't spend millions on new clubs, get a half decent golfer (Dyche) and get his some him decent unbranded clubs and a few old second hand bargains from ebay, having played golf at a good standard for quite a while, he'll know where to get the bargains and how to use them ��
    what on earth are you on about

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what on earth are you on about
    Sorry is it too complicated for you?

It means, the Manager is the most important person at the football club, so spend money on him and let him get the best out of the players

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sorry is it too complicated for you?

It means, the Manager is the most important person at the football club, so spend money on him and let him get the best out of the players
    We have a club with enormous potential, vast potential fan base and premier league infrastructure but have always wanted managers on the cheap. IMO sometime down the line Morrison will get the sack. We have to realise that we have to invest in a manager not hope that a cheap alternative will come off. The sooner this is done the better!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    We have a club with enormous potential, vast potential fan base and premier league infrastructure but have always wanted managers on the cheap. IMO sometime down the line Morrison will get the sack. We have to realise that we have to invest in a manager not hope that a cheap alternative will come off. The sooner this is done the better!!
    Spot on, but with these numpties in charge we will never invest wisely. I mean, this is a club that employed Russell Slade to be their manager ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Spot on, but with these numpties in charge we will never invest wisely. I mean, this is a club that employed Russell Slade to be their manager ffs.
    I don’t think we will ever get anywhere with Tan and co in charge. 10 yrs down the line and he might be starting to learn. A failed roofer down west did far better without a pot to piss in for 7 yrs. I know the grass isn’t always greener but I just don’t think he can employ the right people to run the club

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The Championship since we arrived in 2003 is littered with decent clubs that have had recognized managers, and have been relegated to league 1. Russell Slade was not much different in terms of what he inherited, from McCarthy and Harris - a club who had lost the cream off the top of very shallow squad. If you have a packet of mince and some potatoes, you can only make cottage pie. You can make a good cottage pie if you're a good cook, but it's still cottage pie, not 5 star michelin cuisine..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Championship since we arrived in 2003 is littered with decent clubs that have had recognized managers, and have been relegated to league 1. Russell Slade was not much different in terms of what he inherited, from McCarthy and Harris - a club who had lost the cream off the top of very shallow squad. If you have a packet of mince and some potatoes, you can only make cottage pie. You can make a good cottage pie if you're a good cook, but it's still cottage pie, not 5 star michelin cuisine..
    Rubbish. Slade inherited a quality squad of players. Even after he got rid of some of the foreign players he still had a big squad of quality and experienced players to choose from. We had just paid almost 10m on two quality centre half’s. Peter Whittingham, Gunnarson, Pilkington, Fabio, Noone amongst others. The rewriting of history as far as Slade is concerned is utterly laughable. You swear he took over a struggling Blackpool who had literally no players at the start of the campaign.

We finished 8th and 12th because of the players and in spite of Slade not because of him.