+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cardiff Walking Lady

Re: The Cardiff Walking Lady

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I remember i black fella driving an old car around covered in flowers playing funk/Disco music..
    He alway tooted and waved when he saw us..
    My goodness, that goes back a few years!
    I think it was a Ford Zephyr or something similar? Painted in bright colours, and as you said... adorned with flowers and playing loud music.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I would say that she may have an eating disorder. She is dangerously thin.
    its a fairly common thing for people with eating disorders ( who get out of treatment places ) to eat what they need to, but they then throw themselves massively into fitness, they keep a diary of the food they eat which keeps them out of " treatment " but they burn it all of with exercise

Anyone remember a guy, perhaps in his late 20s, with glasses, that used to be seen running along Cowbridge Road East, over Canton Bridge and past the castle?
    He would often take off his shirt and be wearing a white vest underneath.

He stood out because he would make a breathing sound similar to a steam train and would always be bathed in sweat.
    I never saw him walking, always running as if he had to be somewhere urgently.
    Then in later years, I saw him wearing a leg caliper, which although must have seriously hindered his ability to run, still didn't stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    She carries small weights with her as well. Not sure the condition she has but always sad to see
    Pretty sure she carries water bottles?

I remember i black fella driving an old car around covered in flowers playing funk/Disco music..
    His sir name was Bowen from Gorse Place Pentrebane ( via Jamaica) , was talking about him yesterday , lovely fella that ran a carribean steel band I knew his eldest son John who was also a good fella .

Quote Originally Posted by Random in Duquesa View Post
    His sir name was Bowen from Gorse Place Pentrebane ( via Jamaica) , was talking about him yesterday , lovely fella that ran a carribean steel band I knew his eldest son John who was also a good fella .
    He was great! He always brought a smile to the faces of people he passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    John Reynolds? Big City fan, who helped pay for Phil Brignull. Before lockdown used to see him ride his bike on match day down Broad Street. Haven’t seen him in a while.
    No, it wasn’t John Reynolds, of huge sideboards fame. I do hope he’s still alive, remember him from the 60s, our nickname for him was Jim Fryatt, after the similar sideboarded footballer.

Yellow Ford Zephyr

There used to be a chap in Newport who would have a shopping trolley full of 5 litre water bottles. He would fill them up then empty them over Clarence Bridge into the Usk, apparently in an attempt to clean the river.
    I think he lived in some supported accommodation, so was obviously getting some help, but it can be upsetting to see people with obvious mental issues.

I saw 'flowers' then and immediately thought Mike's Granada.

That is a blast from the past.