+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How bad are Man United?

How bad are Man United?

Awful, it’s so easy for Liverpool - if they don’t get complacent, they could get five or six.

Re: How bad are Man United?

They don’t look like they are trying?

Their midfield looks as half arsed as Bacuna and as slow as Pack

I think Roy Keane is going to have a fit here

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    They don’t look like they are trying?

Their midfield looks as half arsed as Bacuna and as slow as Pack

I think Roy Keane is going to have a fit here
    Thiago’s been taking the piss, but you’re right, they’re letting him do what he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thiago’s been taking the piss, but you’re right, they’re letting him do what he likes.
    Liverpool’s second goal was sublime, but Man U players aren’t even running, awful.

Pretty bad. But they shouldn't be. It's all about management. They have a great squad. Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea just have far, far, far better managers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Pretty bad. But they shouldn't be. It's all about management. They have a great squad. Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea just have far, far, far better managers.
    their squad has some pretty big problems, that haven't been addressed for years

He ran the game ...sublime passing ..such a contrast from what we have had to endure at times this season

Oh and how much have United spent on that squad ? They should be doing better and instead chuck their manager under the bus

Bad , body language suggests players are not committed to the cause,club seems to move from one knee manager appointment to another without thought .

Moyes should have been gjven longer.

Liverpool are a class act though.

Wonderfully bad. McGuire must be the worst captain ever for them

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Was it £70 million for him. Liverpool paid 75 million for van Dyke. Who got the best deal there I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    £80M. Eighty ****ing million pounds.

£80M. Eighty ****ing million pounds.
    Could have had 13 Gary Medines....

they are terribly much better than us

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    their squad has some pretty big problems, that haven't been addressed for years
    Quite.

They definitely don’t have a great squad. They have some decent players but they also have some very ordinary and limited players. Ask yourself which United players would get into the first team of the other 3 teams that you mention? None.

The other 3 teams do have far better managers as well.

(Any club that has OGS as manager for any length of time, has no idea what they are doing)

I agree about the managers but not the United squad, which compared to the top 3 is bang average. Other than Ronaldo at his peak there is not one player on current form who would get into the starting line up of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Most would struggle to even get into the Tottenham team too and they are no great shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I agree about the managers but not the United squad, which compared to the top 3 is bang average. Other than Ronaldo at his peak there is not one player on current form who would get into the starting line up of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Most would struggle to even get into the Tottenham team too and they are no great shakes.
    Ronaldo wouldn't get near any of those teams these days

That said, Manure are still the 6th best team in the country or thereabouts

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ronaldo wouldn't get near any of those teams these days

That said, Manure are still the 6th best team in the country or thereabouts
    I did specify Ronaldo at his peak. Having said that, 2 hat-tricks in the last month is none too shabby !

Awful, it’s so easy for Liverpool - if they don’t get complacent, they could get five or six.
    I never ever watch 'el plastico', but with all the pundits on Talksport saying how Man Utd were in for an expected hammering, I settled down to watch it. Man Utd were awful. I really, truly do hope they go down next season. it would be great to see the number of the plastic supporters wearing Man Utd tops diminish greatly in the South Wales area with that occurrence. Now, where's both Tommy Doc and Denis Law when you need them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I never ever watch 'el plastico', but with all the pundits on Talksport saying how Man Utd were in for an expected hammering, I settled down to watch it. Man Utd were awful. I really, truly do hope they go down next season. it would be great to see the number of the plastic supporters wearing Man Utd tops diminish greatly in the South Wales area with that occurrence. Now, where's both Tommy Doc and Denis Law when you need them?
    I might be wrong here but the last time they were relegated the following season they averaged the biggest attendances in the country?

They were also attracting hordes of new fans as their supporters rampaged their way through the second division. Their game down here getting mythological status amongst some of the older lot I used to knock around with.

Not sure how much the commentators and analysts' comments influence general opinion on them. They could still finish fourth behind the European Champions and a Liverpool and Man City playing almost invincibly. They're not the force they are, but last night they faced a Liverpool side who work like a whirlwind in the 1st half especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They definitely don’t have a great squad. They have some decent players but they also have some very ordinary and limited players. Ask yourself which United players would get into the first team of the other 3 teams that you mention? None.

The other 3 teams do have far better managers as well.

(Any club that has OGS as manager for any length of time, has no idea what they are doing)
    Problems began long before OGS. Fergie shouldn’t have returned after he retired the first time, that’s when their problems started.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not sure how much the commentators and analysts' comments influence general opinion on them. They could still finish fourth behind the European Champions and a Liverpool and Man City playing almost invincibly. They're not the force they are, but last night they faced a Liverpool side who work like a whirlwind in the 1st half especially.
    And Manchester United we’re completely passive in the face of what you call a whirlwind. As a fully paid up member of the anyone but Man Utd club, part of me enjoyed seeing them embarrassed, but I was shocked by the complete lack of fight that you could rely on from all of their sides down the years was missing from this one - they were much the same at Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I might be wrong here but the last time they were relegated the following season they averaged the biggest attendances in the country?

They were also attracting hordes of new fans as their supporters rampaged their way through the second division. Their game down here getting mythological status amongst some of the older lot I used to knock around with.
    I'm not sure they averaged the biggest home atendances that season. I'm sure Liverpool would have been higher than theirs was.

There is a very good reason why the Utd game it home in August 1974 has reached mythical proportions. Here are two reviews of that game, both from the Man Utd perspective. In the 2nd paragraph of the first article the writer states:

Our supporters would descend on the rival town or city and take it over. Trains, coaches, cars from all over Britain would arrive throughout matchday. Rival fans were overawed. There would be exceptions, some rival supporters decided to stand in the way of this Red tide. Cardiff City on a bright, sunny August day in 1974 were the first.

https://strettynews.com/2013/11/24/t...-39-years-ago/

The second contains descriptions of characters that a few of our older fans may recognise:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/card...d-1974.158684/