+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City 2020/21 Financial Results - Swiss Ramble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City 2020/21 Financial Results - Swiss Ramble

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Swiss ramble has been posting great stuff on clubs finances for years it’s just a typo.

What strikes me is the lack of transfer profit on player sales in the last ten years. If we made even £5m per year ( seems the average for a championship club ) then the overall finances would look fairly stable.
    Good post. Totally agree. I have thought for sometime we have been unfortunate not to have had a quality player going out at a good price each season or two. The instances we have been in such a position over the years I.e, Zahore, Etheridge, Marshall and most recently Moore. The club decided to show some ambition, avoid fan uproar and hang on to them. Only to see their value dwindle and in some cases get slatted for not selling them earlier for better money. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. I wonder what sort of financial position the Jacks would have been in, if they had not been knocking quality players out for big bucks over the years.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Good post. Totally agree. I have thought for sometime we have been unfortunate not to have had a quality player going out at a good price each season or two. The instances we have been in such a position over the years I.e, Zahore, Etheridge, Marshall and most recently Moore. The club decided to show some ambition, avoid fan uproar and hang on to them. Only to see their value dwindle and in some cases get slatted for not selling them earlier for better money. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. I wonder what sort of financial position the Jacks would have been in, if they had not been knocking quality players out for big bucks over the years.
    Spedger
    I agree with your general point, but Ken Zohore was sold to WBA for a reported £8m. That was genius by the club!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree with your general point, but Ken Zohore was sold to WBA for a reported £8m. That was genius by the club!
    I know it was a few seasons back but Joe Mason to Wolves was a hell of a deal for us.