+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Court Case Backlog

Court Case Backlog

The criminal justice system in England & Wales is gridlocked.

The rate of completions is countered by new receipts. The system has maxed out on its throughput & bandwidth.

Rape cases take 4/5 years.

The risk of miscarriages of justice both ways is huge. What’s the solution, how about mandatory fines for non violent fines in a taper system ?

Re: Court Case Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The criminal justice system in England & Wales is gridlocked.

The rate of completions is countered by new receipts. The system has maxed out on its throughput & bandwidth.

Rape cases take 4/5 years.

The risk of miscarriages of justice both ways is huge. What’s the solution, how about mandatory fines for non violent fines in a taper system ?
    Maybe not let the Daily Express decide the UK's criminal justice strategy?

My only engagements with the legal system were once when Arriva Trains Wales took me to court over a £2.80 train fare, and secondly when I did jury service. The former made me lose respect for the justice system, the latter gave me an enormous respect for it. I absolutely loved doing jury service.

In both cases it did strike me that the the processes were very very admin heavy. Naturally so as justice can't be rushed, but I had a sense that some of the processes could be made a little more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    My only engagements with the legal system were once when Arriva Trains Wales took me to court over a £2.80 train fare, and secondly when I did jury service. The former made me lose respect for the justice system, the latter gave me an enormous respect for it. I absolutely loved doing jury service.

In both cases it did strike me that the the processes were very very admin heavy. Naturally so as justice can't be rushed, but I had a sense that some of the processes could be made a little more efficient.
    I know it's your rod and your back but what's your solution?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I know it's your rod and your back but what's your solution?
    Goodness, I have a shadow tonight! I would commission an investigation into means in which efficiencies could be made in the legal system so as to speed up the justice system. No doubt the government announcing such a system would lead to some totally calm analysis of the governments aims on CCMB

Goodness, I have a shadow tonight! I would I see you have another fan who has emerged from nowhere to add sod all to this discussion. I'd have no problem betting £100 at the cramped odds of 4-9 that both were numb nutted enough to get clot shotted three times.
    . No doubt the government announcing such a system would lead to some totally calm analysis of the governments aims on CCMB
    That's not a solution though by your standards. If I said the answer to the asylum seeker problem, which let's face it is more novel than the inefficiencies of the criminal justice system, was that we should commission an investigation into means in which efficiencies could be made into the asylum system so as to speed it up you would no doubt have your views on whether the CCMB's analysis was on the money or not!

That's not a solution though by your standards. If I said the answer to the asylum seeker problem, which let's face it is more novel than the inefficiencies of the criminal justice system, was that we should commission an investigation into means in which efficiencies could be made into the asylum system so as to speed it up you would no doubt have your views on whether the CCMB's analysis was on the money or not!
    Shush now, or else I'll have you arrested for stalking

Shush now, or else I'll have you arrested for stalking
    Just as well that by the time the Commission has formed and concluded it will probably take 4-5 years to bring me to CCMB justice.

Trail by TV audiences is the answer with viewers deciding whose guilty or innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Trail by TV audiences is the answer with viewers deciding whose guilty or innocent.
    Looks like Jeremy Kyle is back!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's my guilty or innocent. Can I have it back?

Looks like Jeremy Kyle is back!
    Just imagine the power you'd have pressing that button on yer remote 😳 😀

I am doing the French Revolution for my OU Degree at the moment.

The assignment I am doing is about the Reign of Terror when Madame La Guillotine did her early work.

Perhaps the Government could bring this in. It would have two benefits

Cut the court case backlog (see what I did there!) by doing what the French did, suspend legal assistance and public trials ( and who need a jury anyway!!)

On reflection I should have made this a reply to LOM's Trial by television post!

Help the exchequer by doing what the Nazis did and invoice the families of the executed for the cost!

Shall I write to Priti, Douglas and Rishi?

(Perhaps this should have been a reply to LOM's Trial by television post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

The assignment I am doing is about the Reign of Terror when Madame La Guillotine did her early work.

Cut the court case backlog (see what I did there!) by doing what the French did, suspend legal assistance and public trials ( and who need a jury anyway!!)

On reflection I should have made this a reply to LOM's Trial by television post!

Help the exchequer by doing what the Nazis did and invoice the families of the executed for the cost!

Best not alert them to how it ended

Best not alert them to how it ended
    Shhhhhhh you will foil my plan

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

(Perhaps this should have been a reply to LOM's Trial by television post!)
    Perhaps to fall in line with your fine French reign of terror justice we could have a premium judgement channel that you paid a bit more for with a big execution button on the remote , you could press .