+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: radio wales (your six nation station)

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: radio wales (your six nation station)

If Wales supporters don’t buy the tickets there’ll be a queue of English people waiting to snap them up. It will be just like playing at Twickers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In fairness, that's a pretty unlikely scenario. North Wales is hardly an area that's interested in rugby. A friend of mine, few years ago was staying up in North Wales for work. On a particular Saturday Wales were playing an autumn international and he, being a big rugby fan, went looking for a pub to watch it. None of them showed the game and he even asked in a couple if they would show the rugby and was declined!
    An even unlikelier scenario, although it did happen, was on 5th April 2008. A fair few Cardiff boozers in Canton refused to show the Portsmouth West Brom FA cup semi final on the main screens because the Man U game was on at the same time.
    Now silly me, went into a few of them thinking the Cardiff public would be more interested in seeing who our potential rivals would be, but they were full of Man Utd shirt wearing Sth Walians.
    Who’d have thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I'm lucky enough with my job to travel all over Wales and there are very few places I haven't visited over the years. Flint is not great but by far the most deprived place I've seen is Rhyl, in particular Rhyl West. A different level.
    I was in Rhyl a couple of years back. Everyone seemed to be on mobility scooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In fairness, that's a pretty unlikely scenario. North Wales is hardly an area that's interested in rugby. A friend of mine, few years ago was staying up in North Wales for work. On a particular Saturday Wales were playing an autumn international and he, being a big rugby fan, went looking for a pub to watch it. None of them showed the game and he even asked in a couple if they would show the rugby and was declined!
    I spend a lot of time in Mid and North Wales. Very much football territory, the egg hardly gets a look in.