+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh Font of CCMB knowledge, parking again in London

Oh Font of CCMB knowledge, parking again in London

once again, I seek guidance from the CCMB font of knowledge, it didnt fail me with parking at the copperbox arena last time

So this time we are heading to the Docklands O2 arena

driving down the M4 to the M25

idea's for parking please

First Team

Re: Oh Font of CCMB knowledge, parking again in London

You can prebook the official car park which is right next to the venue.

Not cheap but plenty of spaces and well organised especially in terms of getting out afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    once again, I seek guidance from the CCMB font of knowledge, it didnt fail me with parking at the copperbox arena last time

So this time we are heading to the Docklands O2 arena

driving down the M4 to the M25

idea's for parking please
    If you want free parking: park in Charlton. No restrictions for on road parking and a frequent bus to North Greenwich. That was my daily commute for a while. Park outside Charlton house, get the bus from the top of Charlton church lane.

But really: just pay to park at the venue.

thanks Both

Oh I dont mind to pay the parking fee ( its £25 ) at the O2

I just dont want to be taking 2 hours to get out of the car park as Majorblue mentioned above

back to this one

going next week

surely the Best route from the M4 is M25 / M11 / A12 ( past the stratford and the London stadium / copperbox ) Blackwell tunnel , arrive

Make sure you visit the Anchor and Hope, on the river just up from Charlton's ground. Great pub, but no parking, sorry.

Possible but not straightforward; don't know if it's feasible for late night return -

take the north circular round to Leytonstone tube station, park there ( I think it's £6 for the whole day, but not sure) \Then take the central line a couple of stops to Stratford, then change to the Jubilee line to North Greenwich(nearest to O2)

Ive pre-booed parking at the 02 just confirming the route in

International

I'd go M4 straight into London keep going straight on at Hogarth roundabout (end of the M4 right onto Earls Court Road all the way along the embankment vis parliament square out the other side through the city, past Pudding Lane (Great fire!) left at tower bridge, Whitechapel, passed the places the ripper operated, down Mile End Road past the Blind Beggar where Ronnie Kray shot jack the hat, out to the Bow roundabout on the A12 turn right through the Blackwall tunnel and you're there.
    Sounds hard but it isn't. It's the way the traffic flows naturally, along the side of the river.
    From Hogarth to the A12 is about 1 hour even at 4-5 in the evening, less earlier or later and at weekend.
    Faster than the M25 and the family gets a sight seeing tour and a history lesson thrown in for nowt!Check it out on google maps.
    Tower of London.
    Tower Bridge
    MI6 HQ
    Houses of Parliament
    Cleopatra's needle (If you're quick)
    St Paul's
    Pudding Lane (Nothing to see except that it still exists)
    Whitechapel
    East End