+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier League Darts Aberdeen

Premier League Darts Aberdeen

Anyone watching?
    Are the Aberdonians all teetotal?
    Rubbish atmosphere, very little singing or barracking!

Not brilliant games what I've seen but our own Jonny Clayton v MVG in the final.

Go Jonny go Jonny go Jonny go Jonny go go go!

Re: Premier League Darts Aberdeen

The loudest they've been all night was when they were booing Price.
    C'mon Jonny.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    The loudest they've been all night was when they were booing Price.
    C'mon Jonny.
    Booing Jonny now too.

He's 2-1 up though going with the darts.

MVG brilliant checkout double double 19!
    Just gone up 3-2.

Jonny misses double to break back!

Wankers still booing him.

Brilliant 88 checkout to break back 4-4!!!

Then misses double twice to go 4-5. Looks like curtains.

Yesss!! 5-5

You beauty!!!!! Wins 6-5.

Cracking game that.
    Whistling from someone in the crowd has upset both players.

Cracking game that.
    Whistling from someone in the crowd has upset both players.
    Yup.
    The caller had a pop at 'em... right at the end I might add.

Clayton I thought was gone but what a comeback, brilliant game.

Wayne Mardle just called the whistler an imbecile!

Wayne Mardle just called the whistler an imbecile!
    Haha. Good!
    It wasn't just one whistler though was it.

Cmon Ukraine! 🇺🇦

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Haha. Good!
    It wasn't just one whistler though was it.

Cmon Ukraine! ����
    I think / thought it was one whistler.
    Looking forward to MVG's interview.

I think / thought it was one whistler.
    Looking forward to MVG's interview.
    What i meant was, it wasn't just one whistler barracking.

All the spite was aimed at Jonny.

Who could dislike the Ferret lets be honest.

Anyone watching?
    Are the Aberdonians all teetotal?
    Rubbish atmosphere, very little singing or barracking!

Not brilliant games what I've seen but our own Jonny Clayton v MVG in the final.

Go Jonny go Jonny go Jonny go Jonny go go go!

..Boogie!

Well done Johnny - absolute gentleman.
    Gezzy needs to come back to the party now.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Well done Johnny - absolute gentleman.
    Gezzy needs to come back to the party now.
    Bollocks to Gezzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bollocks to Gezzy.
    I see you're going with the masses still then Eric, you're not up in Scotland by any chance can you?

Proud Welshman who gets more than his fair share of stick everywhere he goes and gives it back, what's not to love about the man

I see you're going with the masses still then Eric, you're not up in Scotland by any chance can you?

Proud Welshman who gets more than his fair share of stick everywhere he goes and gives it back, what's not to love about the man

Hope you're not insinuating that I'd be someone who would boo players, because I'm not. Totally childish behaviour.

I was delighted to see Clayton last night brush off the boos in his interview. Class act, model dart player.

As for Price, I don't like the way he will occasionally get in his opponent's face. He has been a total bell end on stage at times. I don't condone the abuse he gets but only he can sort it. Despite the titles he's won, he's still overall more known for his antics on stage. That's pretty sad, really.

Hope you're not insinuating that I'd be someone who would boo players, because I'm not. Totally childish behaviour.

I was delighted to see Clayton last night brush off the boos in his interview. Class act, model dart player.

As for Price, I don't like the way he will occasionally get in his opponent's face. He has been a total bell end on stage at times. I don't condone the abuse he gets but only he can sort it. Despite the titles he's won, he's still overall more known for his antics on stage. That's pretty sad, really.
    I wasn't insinuating anything of the sort, I was having a light hearted dig because you have had a mental block with Price in the past, and judging from your reply of "bollocks to Price" still do.
    This is a guy who not only hails from the same country as you (I assume), but has found a way to overcome the prejudice that seems to be following him around.
    If you play sport, you have to find a way of bringing the best out of yourself and getting to know your opponent's weakness to exploit it.
    Shouting at the top of his voice upon hitting what he went for happens to be what works for Price.

I disagree entirely with your last comment.
    The media pick up on something fuelling the fire against Gezzy and you seem to be one of those who has bought into it.
    Price is known for being world champion as far as I am concerned.

He was booed in Belfast a few weeks ago and after a scintillating performance, including two nine-darters, won the crowd over.
    They may not like him but they got treated to a masterclass and showed their appreciation.

I think you should try and see beyond the propaganda and get behind your countryman.

I wasn't insinuating anything of the sort, I was having a light hearted dig because you have had a mental block with Price in the past, and judging from your reply of "bollocks to Price" still do.
    This is a guy who not only hails from the same country as you (I assume), but has found a way to overcome the prejudice that seems to be following him around.
    If you play sport, you have to find a way of bringing the best out of yourself and getting to know your opponent's weakness to exploit it.
    Shouting at the top of his voice upon hitting what he went for happens to be what works for Price.

I disagree entirely with your last comment.
    The media pick up on something fuelling the fire against Gezzy and you seem to be one of those who has bought into it.
    Price is known for being world champion as far as I am concerned.

He was booed in Belfast a few weeks ago and after a scintillating performance, including two nine-darters, won the crowd over.
    They may not like him but they got treated to a masterclass and showed their appreciation.

I think you should try and see beyond the propaganda and get behind your countryman.

How often do you watch darts? I do regularly and don't miss much of any of the major tournaments. I often watch it on my pc with the volume off.

You think the media are responsible for my thoughts about Price? Fecking hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. I saw the programme about him on ITV 4. Great. He's a decent guy. Other darts players say the same about him.

Decent guy or not, he's still very intimidatory on stage. He will get in other players' faces. I don't like that. I couldn't care less if he was my next door neighbour, from the same street, same village, same local authority, same country, same continent.

There is no propaganda. Not from the media, from anyone. Price has been a total knob on stage at times.

How often do you watch darts? I do regularly and don't miss much of any of the major tournaments. I often watch it on my pc with the volume off.

You think the media are responsible for my thoughts about Price? Fecking hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. I saw the programme about him on ITV 4. Great. He's a decent guy. Other darts players say the same about him.

Decent guy or not, he's still very intimidatory on stage. He will get in other players' faces. I don't like that. I couldn't care less if he was my next door neighbour, from the same street, same village, same local authority, same country, same continent.

There is no propaganda. Not from the media, from anyone. Price has been a total knob on stage at times.
    I watch quite a bit of darts, and I agree he has been a knob on stage in the past. But his behaviour on stage these days is quite different to how it used to be, and he has grown up a lot in that respect.

He does still get into spats on stage with opponents occasionally, but the last time I saw him get in somenones face was in the World Championship in January this year, and Kim Huybrechts completely deserved the shit he got from Price. Huybrechts was totally the instigator in that incident. It doesn't take much to wind Price up though, and that was Huybrechts' plan all along, but thankfully it backfired and Price beat him.

The shit he gets every single time is based on some poor behaviour from quite some time ago now, and large parts of the audience need to start showing a bit more respect in my opinion.

I've got tickets for the darts when it comes to Copenhagen in June. Can't wait. Been the last 3 times and it gets better each time as the game is really taking off here now.

You watch Gerwyn kicking off with the volume off? Yeah right.

I watch numerous sports, not just on the telly but "live" at every opportunity I can and witnessed many "actors," Live, in various sports competing.
    I have indeed watched the darts "live" and can assure you, it is quite a different experience from the one offered up by the Sky team broadcasting to your lounge.

There are many passive aggressors out there who know what buttons to press when up against their opponents. Gary Anderson springs to mind.
    Adrian Lewis has form for "bully-boy behaviour", far worse than Gezzy most IMHO.
    They all have one thing in common though, they are winners.

If you think that Gerwyn Price will be remembered for his behaviour, as a darts enthusiast, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on this guy Bristow and his legacy.

https://youtu.be/RgFnW1HPlSM
    (standard isn't great so you may want to watch from about 4 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I watch quite a bit of darts, and I agree he has been a knob on stage in the past. But his behaviour on stage these days is quite different to how it used to be, and he has grown up a lot in that respect.

He does still get into spats on stage with opponents occasionally, but the last time I saw him get in somenones face was in the World Championship in January this year, and Kim Huybrechts completely deserved the shit he got from Price. Huybrechts was totally the instigator in that incident. It doesn't take much to wind Price up though, and that was Huybrechts' plan all along, but thankfully it backfired and Price beat him.

The shit he gets every single time is based on some poor behaviour from quite some time ago now, and large parts of the audience need to start showing a bit more respect in my opinion.

I've got tickets for the darts when it comes to Copenhagen in June. Can't wait. Been the last 3 times and it gets better each time as the game is really taking off here now.
    Good post.

Price won the Belfast crowd over with some fantastic darts, some of the best I've seen, after suffering similar abuse to Thursday's.

The difference was that the Aberdeen crowd carried it on to Jonny Clayton's matches

You will have a great night in Copenhagen, hopefully amongst a more appreciative crowd.

Good post.

Price won the Belfast crowd over with some fantastic darts, some of the best I've seen, after suffering similar abuse to Thursday's.

The difference was that the Aberdeen crowd carried it on to Jonny Clayton's matches

You will have a great night in Copenhagen, hopefully amongst a more appreciative crowd.
    Which just really shows that a large percentage of darts crowds are drunk morons. It's just a pub really, and has been getting worse in that respect for a while. Clayton is the most likeable character out there, never has a bad word to say about anyone, and acts like a gent 100% of the time. Booing him just shows a lack of ever watching the game, outside of the night they're at.

The last few years, nobody has been negative towards any players, and that's just really nice. Obviously some players are far more supported than others but the geering and abuse at game in the last few years is just really unsavoury in my opinion. Dislike a player as much as you like, but give him the respect of peace when he's playing ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Which just really shows that a large percentage of darts crowds are drunk morons. It's just a pub really, and has been getting worse in that respect for a while. Clayton is the most likeable character out there, never has a bad word to say about anyone, and acts like a gent 100% of the time. Booing him just shows a lack of ever watching the game, outside of the night they're at.

The last few years, nobody has been negative towards any players, and that's just really nice. Obviously some players are far more supported than others but the geering and abuse at game in the last few years is just really unsavoury in my opinion. Dislike a player as much as you like, but give him the respect of peace when he's playing ffs.
    last few years in Copenhagen i meant to say...

And today we see Gerwyn Price and Adrian Lewis having to be pulled apart after their game, which Price lost. Apparently Price told Lewis he was a fat bastard during the game. I'm aware there's no love lost between them, but why does Price have to become embroiled in it?

One again, Price decides to be a bell end on the oche.