+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: radio wales (your six nation station)

radio wales (your six nation station)

not very happy this morning looks like the international tickets are going up to £130, now i cant comment on this as i know nothing about it its a bit steep if you ask me though

Re: radio wales (your six nation station)

Fixtures for next year's 6 nations, along with ticket prices, were announced yesterday.
    There's 2 home games next year - Ireland and England. Top price tickets are £120 and £130 respectively.
    Not easy to justify when they've just lost at home to Italy.

For years and years football fans have faced the disgraceful ticket prices thrust upon us

I feel sorry for the genuine rugby fan but this is the way it is

We have been done over a barrel for years

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    For years and years football fans have faced the disgraceful ticket prices thrust upon us

I feel sorry for the genuine rugby fan but this is the way it is

We have been done over a barrel for years
    Domestically yes but would say that it's one of the things that the FAW have consistently got right for internationals. It's risen a little recently but despite the last 6 years of success it's still very good value to attend Wales games.

WRU have all the hallmarks of a grand old religious institution that cannot see the sand shifting beneath it's feet. That their response to the last couple of years is to hike tickets higher still is an absolute joke. The four 'regions' are dire too. Complete dross and are now pretty much competing with the Italian teams to see who can finish bottom of sports most shite and confusing league.

That said, because there are only two games at home next year, and it's Ireland and England on a Saturday, they will sell out. But their problem is PR and perception as much as anything else, and they've missed an opportunity to demonstrate they have listened.

I'll make my annual trip to Wales lesser autumn international game (this time against Georgia) and that will be it. £100 a ticket for a six nations game means it would cost £300 for me and my kids - utterly ridiculous.

Tickets are worth what people are willing to pay.

It's rammed down our throat that we are a rugby mad country

If that's the case then for two or three times a year getting 74000 fans to buy all the tickets should be easy

If you are only bothering to attend one or two sporting events a year then 100 quid a ticket to show you are a fanatical Welsh Rugby fan isn't the end of the world ?

I am not defending high prices and certainly not defending the Welsh rugby union but if there are so many crazy rugby fans in Wales then 100 quid once or twice a year shouldn't be a problem .

The recent football match between us and the Jacks attracted 27k for a lower half game.

The Blues and the Ospreys this weekend - doubt it be anywhere near full.
    The fact that free tickets have been offered as far down the line as me tells you that.

This is the problem the WRU has, in that the regions are so poorly supported it probably has no choice but to charge more for its prime games.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    not very happy this morning looks like the international tickets are going up to £130, now i cant comment on this as i know nothing about it its a bit steep if you ask me though
    how much were the cheapest tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    i dont know the radio said they start at £40

That’ll be at higher altitude than pen y fan.

£129.99

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    A small number at £40, which are always at the very back of the lower tier

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    A small number at £40, which are always at the very back of the lower tier
    You end up watching the game on the TV screens they've installed from those seats

Unless you are smack in the middle in level 2 or 3 it’s just not worth watching a rugby game.

Hopefully both games will be played at a half empty stadium. All those empty seats would look great for the WRU on TV

I'm sure the stadia will be full , as hard up folk spend upwards of £200 on booze and tickets per international , which come the Autumn internationals and the cold six nations months, could easily fund thier energy bill increases .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm sure the stadia will be full , as hard up folk spend upwards of £200 on booze and tickets per international , which come the Autumn internationals and the cold six nations months, could easily fund thier energy bill increases .
    If the whole family go to the game at least you can turn the heating off for the day, which should cover the cost of 1 ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If the whole family go to the game at least you can turn the heating off for the day, which should cover the cost of 1 ticket.
    Great observation I didn't consider that , even if its its - 1 they'd be so fueled up on booze, by the time they get home they would probably sleep in the garden, with a daffodil hat keeping thier ears warm.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Domestically yes but would say that it's one of the things that the FAW have consistently got right for internationals. It's risen a little recently but despite the last 6 years of success it's still very good value to attend Wales games.
    Yep the FAW have done very well in terms of pricing, home game venue and managerial appointments in recent years. As for the WRU when will they learn? These are ridiculous prices.

Imo, you’d have to be either loaded, or off your rocker to pay those prices.
    Imagine the cost, for say a family of 5 from North Wales. Cost of travel, ticket prices and spending money. Joke!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Imagine the cost, for say a family of 5 from North Wales. Cost of travel, ticket prices and spending money. Joke!
    If you live in Flint a weekend in Cardiff is like going to Tenerife .

I've no patience for complaints about the financial cost of anything that is non-essential which can easily be foregone. Fatsos moaning about the increasing price of a quadruple whopper burger in McDonald's are especially irksome.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If you live in Flint a weekend in Cardiff is like going to Tenerife .
    I'm lucky enough with my job to travel all over Wales and there are very few places I haven't visited over the years. Flint is not great but by far the most deprived place I've seen is Rhyl, in particular Rhyl West. A different level.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    In fairness, that's a pretty unlikely scenario. North Wales is hardly an area that's interested in rugby. A friend of mine, few years ago was staying up in North Wales for work. On a particular Saturday Wales were playing an autumn international and he, being a big rugby fan, went looking for a pub to watch it. None of them showed the game and he even asked in a couple if they would show the rugby and was declined!