+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Morison was given funds for loans in January
    And brought in Doyle, Drameh, Hugill, Ikpeazu and Doughty, who improved us considerably (the first three in particular). That's why I'm confident the summer transfer window will go well. I might be wrong, but the evidence so far, I think, is positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    And brought in Doyle, Drameh, Hugill, Ikpeazu and Doughty, who improved us considerably (the first three in particular). That's why I'm confident the summer transfer window will go well. I might be wrong, but the evidence so far, I think, is positive.
    Drameh is the only real consistently good signing. Doyle is massively overated because his parent club is Man City and Hugill, after a good start, has reverted to type. A striker who doesn’t get goals.

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5295171]Dropping down to league 1? Were we ever really in danger of relegation? Ever really in danger of finishing below Derby, Peterborough and Barnsley?

I don’t think so, even with Mick in charge we had enough to stay up.

Morison was given funds for loans in January and had an initial bounce from them but lately he is found wanting again, and spare me the experimenting rubbish, he’s hardly made drastic changes.

Quite why the club are prepared to go forward with this charlatan, on what is the most important summer for a few years, god only knows.

Give it a few months you and others say, well that will be a few months too late after we dish out the amount of contracts we are going to need to dish out this summer.[/QUOTE]

Given where previous managers left us we will either need to offer a minimum of a two year contract on wages far below the players leaving or loans. Charlatans or not would be faced with the same issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Morison is making continual mistakes and the team have fallen off a cliff with recent performances

Watters should be nowhere near the first team - his attitude is appalling as is his workrate. I would rather see Pack playing which says it all

Drameh and Doyle are not at the level they were when they arrived, Bagan now looks like he did when he was at Notts County - McGuiness and Ng are going backwards, we create very little, the only player who looks like he has a bit of creativity is Colwill but I'm guessing Morison's put him on the naughty step

The manager has an ego of a Mourinho whilst playing with a team of feckless spineless not good enoughs, a bit more humility wouldn't go amiss

I care very little for this team or the manager, I appreciate he's been dealt a sh1t hand but I just cannot warm to him

I'd keep Sean Morrison, Ng, Wintle, Ralls, Colwill and Davies, hopefully Drameh comes back as he's a shining light in a sea of turds

The rest I really don't care about - I wish I had optimism in Morison but I just don't - I just can't warm to arrogance when its not earned

Drameh is the only real consistently good signing. Doyle is massively overated because his parent club is Man City and Hugill, after a good start, has reverted to type. A striker who doesn’t get goals.
    don't forget that we also lost Moore and Giles from McCarthys side who were comfortably the best 2 players. I'm not confident that McCarthy would have brought in decent replacements, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    don't forget that we also lost Moore and Giles from McCarthys side who were comfortably the best 2 players. I'm not confident that McCarthy would have brought in decent replacements, but you never know.
    We lost Giles because Morison moved him further back

We lost Giles because Morison moved him further back
    I know that's what the wolves loan manager said , Im not convinced tbh, I think he was covering his arse on how he'd turned a very successful loan at Cardiff to a largely forgettable one at Blackburn.
    of his 9 assists with us, 5 were for McCarthy and 4 for Morrison - in 2 fewer games. so he was still performing in Morison's team.

he has 1 for Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I know that's what the wolves loan manager said , Im not convinced tbh, I think he was covering his arse on how he'd turned a very successful loan at Cardiff to a largely forgettable one at Blackburn.
    of his 9 assists with us, 5 were for McCarthy and 4 for Morrison - in 2 fewer games. so he was still performing in Morison's team.

he has 1 for Blackburn
    Is the loan manager Nostradamus? He said it pretty much at the start of the loan to Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    His 'arrogance' and 'confidence' don't bother me - bit of a change than having all those endless platitudes normally churned out by managers. He gets a free pass from me because he stopped a crap squad of players dropping down to League 1. The squad is still crap and I dare any manager to do better. Let's see what happens in the next few months. No doubt other managers could have done a re-build, but the wage cap we're allegedly working to wouldn't appeal to many managers out there.
    Quite agree.

But Hartley has set out his agenda of not liking Morison and will stick to it come what may. Sadly.

Doyle is a very good player. I'd love him back. He's overshadowed by Dramah because Dramah is ****ing brilliant. The other three all did their bit. And are obviously not as good. But it's job done. So who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Morison is making continual mistakes and the team have fallen off a cliff with recent performances

Watters should be nowhere near the first team - his attitude is appalling as is his workrate. I would rather see Pack playing which says it all

Drameh and Doyle are not at the level they were when they arrived, Bagan now looks like he did when he was at Notts County - McGuiness and Ng are going backwards, we create very little, the only player who looks like he has a bit of creativity is Colwill but I'm guessing Morison's put him on the naughty step

The manager has an ego of a Mourinho whilst playing with a team of feckless spineless not good enoughs, a bit more humility wouldn't go amiss

I care very little for this team or the manager, I appreciate he's been dealt a sh1t hand but I just cannot warm to him

I'd keep Sean Morrison, Ng, Wintle, Ralls, Colwill and Davies, hopefully Drameh comes back as he's a shining light in a sea of turds

The rest I really don't care about - I wish I had optimism in Morison but I just don't - I just can't warm to arrogance when its not earned
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Doyle is a very good player. I'd love him back. He's overshadowed by Dramah because Dramah is ****ing brilliant. The other three all did their bit. And are obviously not as good. But it's job done. So who cares?
    I do. I care what is going to happen going forward into the summer when we need to overhaul the squad.

If job done is finishing 18th/19th and meekly staying in a poor division that contains Barnsley, Peterborough and two teams with points deductions is job done, and cause to be optimistic for Morison being in charge over the summer, the most important for years, then you have set a very, very low bar.

I'll agree with you on Doyle. He's absolutely awful, but hyped up in the media because of his Man. City connection. I only hope Morison has been playing him because there really isn't much else in midfield to pick from, apart from Wintle and an increasingly injured Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So to come back to the original point. We could go down based on this game. Who do you pick? Aiden Flint, 400 games as a pro or (experiment, my words) with Denham?
    Flint was in the side when it was beaten 0-4 by West Brom, and 0-4 and 0-3 by Swansea. He’s been dropped after his two most recent games, which both ended in defeats. It’s hardly as if he’s been anything like rock solid this season.

Let’s not forget that earlier in the season Morison, completely ditched some experienced pros such as Collins and Pack, and played inexperienced youngsters and loanees instead.

When City played Coventry in February, Morison started the game with Eli King in midfield and a front two of Isaak Davies and Max Watters. Was he experimenting then or just trying to win the game by changing the team that had looked lacklustre and been beaten at Millwall a few days before?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'll agree with you on Doyle. He's absolutely awful, but hyped up in the media because of his Man. City connection.
    Don’t be daft, he’s not awful by any means. However, he’s definitely not as good as some City fans seem to believe.

Not long ago there were claims on here that Doyle would walk into any side in the division. That was clearly nonsense. As is to be expected of a player his age, his form is somewhat erratic and it’s dipped markedly during the last month or so.

Disagree- I think he's a good player. What concerns me is that after a bright start, Drameh, Doyle and Hugill have sunk to the same level of mediocrity as the rest of the squad. The question is why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Flint was in the side when it was beaten 0-4 by West Brom, and 0-4 and 0-3 by Swansea. He’s been dropped after his two most recent games, which both ended in defeats. It’s hardly as if he’s been anything like rock solid this season.

Let’s not forget that earlier in the season Morison, completely ditched some experienced pros such as Collins and Pack, and played inexperienced youngsters and loanees instead.

When City played Coventry in February, Morison started the game with Eli King in midfield and a front two of Isaak Davies and Max Watters. Was he experimenting then or just trying to win the game by changing the team that had looked lacklustre and been beaten at Millwall a few days before?
    It's this word 'Experiment' that i don't understand, it's an insult for a start and completely out of context.

I do. I care what is going to happen going forward into the summer when we need to overhaul the squad.

If job done is finishing 18th/19th and meekly staying in a poor division that contains Barnsley, Peterborough and two teams with points deductions is job done, and cause to be optimistic for Morison being in charge over the summer, the most important for years, then you have set a very, very low bar.
    His job was to keep us up. Which he did. And try to change our playing style. Which he also did. He made some excellent loan signings in January. All of which will be gone in a few weeks. Along with most of the out of contract players. Most of whom obviously no longer care and are not putting in the effort. What exactly were you expecting over the last 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Disagree- I think he's a good player. What concerns me is that after a bright start, Drameh, Doyle and Hugill have sunk to the same level of mediocrity as the rest of the squad. The question is why.
    Some of it is because we’re safe from the drop now- so many City fans, myself included, are bored stiff by this season now, so it’s logical that a few o four players are thinking something similar.

To an extent, but as loan players you'd think they would want to perform to get themselves in the shop window. Same with our players who will be out of contract in the summer. Instead the lot of them looked bereft of ideas/ quality yesterday, particularly in the second half. The standard of passing in the final third was atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    To an extent, but as loan players you'd think they would want to perform to get themselves in the shop window. Same with our players who will be out of contract in the summer. Instead the lot of them looked bereft of ideas/ quality yesterday, particularly in the second half. The standard of passing in the final third was atrocious.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of them already know where they'll be next season.

"We just want to win games. It annoys you when people question whether you are trying to win games. I’ll try and pick the best team I can for the game with the players I’ve got available."

Steve Morison today.