FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Saturday April 23rd, ko 3:00pm

Match Officials:

Referee: OLIVER LANGFORD
    Assistants: Paul Hodskinson and Rob Smith
    Fourth Official : Carl Boyeson

Re: SHEFFIELD UTD V CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Match facts

• Sheffield United are looking to complete a league double over Cardiff City for the first time since the 1984-85 season.
    • Cardiff City are unbeaten in six away league matches against Sheffield United (W2 D4) since a 2-1 defeat in December 2004.
    • Sheffield United lost 2-1 in their last home league match against Reading; they have never lost consecutive home games under Paul Heckingbottom, who last suffered consecutive home Football League defeats in March 2018 as Leeds United manager.
    • Cardiff City have lost three of their last four league games (W1), as many as in their previous 12 Championship games combined.
    • Only Billy Sharp (14) has scored more Championship goals for Sheffield United this season than Morgan Gibbs-White (10), while no player has more assists than Gibbs-White (7, level also with Sharp).

Our record there is surprisingly good, though with our players already on the beach I really cannot see anything but a Sheff win. Shane Billie Sharp fit as he is a pain to us.
    Credit to the 650 hardy souls making the long track north.
    Ps we seem to get this ref a hell of a lot.

Five at the back, Watters starts. Denham starts as well.

How long will Watters last today I wonder!

Langford's third Cardiff game this season. Previous were Luton Away and Huddersfield Away.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Five at the back, Watters starts. Denham starts as well.
    What’s the line up? Wales online has the team as a back 4 but there’s only 10 players listed in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What’s the line up? Wales online has the team as a back 4 but there’s only 10 players listed in the team
    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/st...3R8z_Uffg&s=19

In my opinion Watters should be nowhere near the team after his social media nonsense after the swansea game.
    Another example of our club not understanding the derby and the hurt it caused by one of our own players reacting positively to the Swansea manager after the game

I can guarantee you the Jacks would never have accepted one of their players doing the same and he’d have been hounded out

Another good reason for him not being near the team is that he doesn’t look anywhere near good enough whilst Colwill needs games

I think the team looks decent, although sheff utd are looking very good these days

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    In my opinion Watters should be nowhere near the team after his social media nonsense after the swansea game.
    Another example of our club not understanding the derby and the hurt it caused by one of our own players reacting positively to the Swansea manager after the game

I can guarantee you the Jacks would never have accepted one of their players doing the same and he’d have been hounded out

Another good reason for him not being near the team is that he doesn’t look anywhere near good enough whilst Colwill needs games
    Oh for goodness sake, stop being so precious. Morison was being castigated for not giving him more game time before he was injured. He is a City player and we paid £1m+ for him. Give the bloke a chance and lets see what he can do. He has hardly played, so how can you write him off anyway ?

Nice run by Watters....(!) not quite the finish but good.

They are under real pressure today. Fail to win and I reckon the play offs will gone for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Nice run by Watters....(!) not quite the finish but good.
    Is Watters pacey or were the defence slow?

Another fair chance....good opening spell here....

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

The same Jacks who will likely miss out on the play offs when they hit poor form when one if their players effectively went on strike.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Is Watters pacey or were the defence slow?
    Watters has pace...would love him to get a goal...or two today - he IS a goalscorer if he gets a run.

City TV crowd noise - it's too bloody loud, same last week - drowns out the commentary

it's ok here.......Phillips having an excellent first half.

Pretty much one way traffic now...be good to get to half time....terrible set plays from us.

Gibbs white and berge are both quality players , too good for this level

Not bad so far, chances on the break for us - they’re leaving the sort of spaces I think Colwill might have enjoyed.

Could be a big day for Wrexham, Stockport a goal down at Yeovil - Wrexham’s home game with Woking is live on BT Sport, kick off5.20.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Oh for goodness sake, stop being so precious. Morison was being castigated for not giving him more game time before he was injured. He is a City player and we paid £1m+ for him. Give the bloke a chance and lets see what he can do. He has hardly played, so how can you write him off anyway ?
    Well said, if after 5 - 10 games he's shit then move him on, but at least give him the opportunity. I think he's played pretty well during the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not bad so far, chances on the break for us - they’re leaving the sort of spaces I think Colwill might have enjoyed.
    I guess pushing Watters up pins their central defenders back a bit and creates that space. He hasn't done badly so far good pace and nice touch to Hugill before the break. Could have been more clinical with his chance and the one he squared to Drameh that got stuck under his feet.

Nice to see us playing out with a bit of composure and the passing has been ok. Sheff Utd have a bit more guile around the box though which could tell in the 2nd half.