+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SHEFFIELD UTD V CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

1 nil 46th minute

bugger me......Vaulks stood off trying to block the cross.....uphill now...

Feck

3 mistakes. Gave the ball away in midfield trying to dribble through 4 players, didn't even try to stop cross because of a defensive cock up, and 3rd, the highly-rated [and over-rated Ng] stood looking at the goalscorer as he jumped to head the ball.

Bagan indecisive on the ball like he’s been a few times today I’m afraid.

Having had to make two defensive type substitutions at half time, the last thing we needed was to concede in the forty sixth minute. Only one out of Colwill and Ikpeazu to come on then.

Instant impact for Vaulks and McGuiness

I suppose if Sheff Utd beat us it makes it harder for Millwall to sneak into the play-offs.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

I thought after a decent first season McGuiness has been running on fumes the last few games. Change of personnel has us less threatening going forward, less comfortable in possession and more imbalanced at the back. Fair play to Sheffield who came out all guns blazing in 2nd half.

Very poor 2nd half since going behind.
    Offered absolutely nothing going forward.

One shot on target too. Dire effort really.
    Phillips kept score respectable.

Overall not too bad a performance....although disappointing second half. Ralls does now seem very injury prone. All in all a work in progress and more experience for the youngsters - it's not going to happen overnight. MOM Phillips....I like what I am hearing from SM......he seems to know what he wants given his comments.....I am with him and am optimistic fort next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Overall not too bad a performance....although disappointing second half. Ralls does now seem very injury prone. All in all a work in progress and more experience for the youngsters - it's not going to happen overnight. MOM Phillips....I like what I am hearing from SM......he seems to know what he wants given his comments.....I am with him and am optimistic fort next season.
    It isn't going to happen overnight, you're right, But i can't really see what Morison is attempting to do with this group of players, and i can't see what style he is trying to implement, or the role's of individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I like what I am hearing from SM......he seems to know what he wants given his comments.....I am with him and am optimistic fort next season.
    Me too. Really need the complete overhaul in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It isn't going to happen overnight, you're right, But i can't really see what Morison is attempting to do with this group of players, and i can't see what style he is trying to implement, or the role's of individuals.
    He's trying out different formations.....trying to get the best from each player....we need to be patient!!

Down to 19th

Its job done and was weeks ago.

Huge summer rebuild. Have we got the right man for the job?

With no investment it's gona take a minor miracle to improve on this shite season.
    We have a good few players that struggle to make a 5 yard pass.
    As for the goal, we conceded the same type at home to Luton and away to reading complete unchallenged free header.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    With no investment it's gona take a minor miracle to improve on this shite season.
    We have a good few players that struggle to make a 5 yard pass.
    As for the goal, we conceded the same type at home to Luton and away to reading complete unchallenged free header.
    We've lost all our useless giraffe players...we need 6f 5in as a minimum for our center backs..a few basket ball players would be great.

Is Ralls injured again? That must be the fourth or fifth time this season.

First game in ages where I haven't even been bothered to check the score. Sounds like I haven't missed anything and the few hours of doing odd jobs around the house instead was well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its job done and was weeks ago.

Huge summer rebuild. Have we got the right man for the job?
    I don't get the sense that Morison is the kind of bloke you would share a couple of pints with and then think I hope he's gone to the bar because it's his round and I fancy a couple more with him.

Every ying has a yang. We have probably gone from a team that riddled the opposition with fear every time we had a set piece as the Haarlem Globetrotters trundled forward for a corner or a 60 yard throw in to today where we shied away from a direct ball into the box.

At the same time we don't have centre backs pinging 60 yard balls to imaginary wingers or a midfield schooled to compete for 2nd balls from boots upfield from the keeper when any competent defence knows what's coming.

Morison is no Pepe but I have seen enough exhaustive football in the last few years to give him the chance to pull together a team that plays to his philosophy next year to give him some rope.

The mood on here a few weeks ago was that we should get to safety and experiment. What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We played quite well for several games by getting our wing-backs high up the pitch in attacking areas, but opposition teams have worked that out and we've looked pretty clueless since then.

We're not a well-coached team at the moment. Have we stopped bothering to work on set pieces in training? Our corners, free kicks, and throw-ins have been atrocious for weeks.

Brief Championship highlights

https://www.skysports.com/football/l...hip-highlights

Could have been worse without our keeper.

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

How did Watters play today?