+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here been to 92 League Grounds ?

Anybody here been to 92 League Grounds ?

For me , apart from loads of non league , European and old defunct leave grounds ,I think I’m on about 70 of the 92.

I’ve been to a 4 aways this season however, this is the first season I’ve not been to a “new” ground.

If we stay in the championship there is two new grounds left for me in the Championship.
    For anyone who has been to the 92, did you do them all with City, or did you ground hop?

What the ground you have visited most, bizarrely mine is Huddersfield and Hull.

Does anybody know if there is a 92 league ground app or something similar?

Re: Anybody here been to 92 League Grounds ?

I’m currently on 79, mainly missing the newer teams, such as Stevenage, Fleetwood, Morecombe etc. I’ve done around 105 grounds in total, if I include ex-league clubs & stadiums now longer used. I’m going to lose Oldham & Scunny but get back Stockport & one other, so will stay on 79 of next years 92.

Grounds I’ve been to most, probably Palace, Burnley, West Brom, Reading, QPR, Preston, Birmingham also Huddersfield

Nearest ground I’ve not been to Exeter

There are 5 or 6 websites & the app is called The92

First Team

Got me counting and I came up to 64.
    However, then had to discount 15 as they no longer exist/ no longer in the league.
    In all honesty not going to add many more to the list as the attraction of slogs up north no longer have any great appeal.
    In all my time the worst ground had to be The Shay that made Somerton Park look like the San Siro.
    The best is tricker and I cannot make up my mind but possibly the news Spurs stadium although this was a non City game.
    Most disappointing are either Old Trafford or Anfield as both a little shabby around the edges at the times of my visit although one has and continues to be overhauled and the other is being prepped for a major facelift.

I have 70 as well though Oldham will drop off.

Almost all with Cardiff though a couple, Newcastle and Newport were unconnected.

Funnily enough the Newport game was when I stayed overnight after visiting my Mum in the Royal Gwent. It was £20 to get in but there was a Hospitality Package offer of a two course meal in the lounge and Stand seat for £30, which I took up.

I was seated on a table of eight and the first guy I got chatting to was from Norwich. It turned out that Rodney Parade was the last ground on his 92. The compere became aware and he was introduced to the rest of the room to recognise his achievement.

Reading, Watford, Palace and Fulham are the most frequent.

I've done 89 with the city although some have long gone.
    Luton was a new 1 for me this season.
    I've done Forest Derby and Fulham all more than 10 times.
    My 1st away was Swindon boxing day 1975

Off ‘League ground’ topic, after one game this season we met a Scottish non league ground hopper on the bus stop near the ground. He’d been to a local game on the Friday evening and was off to a Saturday evening Barry game, his intention was to catch a bus into town, then a train to Barry. We, obviously, advised him to cross the road and catch the Barry bound bus which he was grateful for. Wonder if he’s back in Scotland yet?

Honestly how do people afford it every week

Plus with our geography must cost a fortune in bus travel

ive been to 81 of the current 92 although ive watched the city at 128 grounds in total including cups and friendlies

72 different grounds for me

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    For me , apart from loads of non league , European and old defunct leave grounds ,I think I’m on about 70 of the 92.

I’ve been to a 4 aways this season however, this is the first season I’ve not been to a “new” ground.

If we stay in the championship there is two new grounds left for me in the Championship.
    For anyone who has been to the 92, did you do them all with City, or did you ground hop?

What the ground you have visited most, bizarrely mine is Huddersfield and Hull.

Does anybody know if there is a 92 league ground app or something similar?
    Have you used the Futbology app, it costs 99p a month and you can track all the games you've been to, as well as all grounds. It's amazing and a bit addictive as you want to keep adding grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    However, then had to discount 15 as they no longer exist/ no longer in the league.
    In all honesty not going to add many more to the list as the attraction of slogs up north no longer have any great appeal.
    In all my time the worst ground had to be The Shay that made Somerton Park look like the San Siro.
    The best is tricker and I cannot make up my mind but possibly the news Spurs stadium although this was a non City game.
    Most disappointing are either Old Trafford or Anfield as both a little shabby around the edges at the times of my visit although one has and continues to be overhauled and the other is being prepped for a major facelift.
    I’ve not had the pleasure of the Old Shay, or the new rebooted ground which apparently is fairly decent.

Northampton Towns County ground was pretty poor from memory, as was Fellows Park and Newport

I've never really been a big away traveller - maybe half a dozen games a season, but it seems to me that just as I start to make a bit of progress on the 92 (not that I'm anywhere near that) some club moves to a new ground, drops out of the League, or even disappears altogether. I think I'm in the low 30s, but might have to make a list, just to be sure.

I'd like to think I'd have made it by now if I'd stayed in Wales. I was on about 50 when I left in 1992. I think since then I think I've only been to Stoke and Reading's new grounds and the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I am sure the last time at the Shay Mike England scored.

I just checked and I’ve been to more grounds in the National Leagues than I have grounds in League 2. A bit like NYC I left the UK, but I only left 12 years ago. Because of the fact we’ve been better in the last 25 years than we were in the previous 25 I don’t think I’d get the chance to increase my number of 53 to dramatically even if we lived back home

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    My 1st away was Swindon boxing day 1975
    Mine too! It nearly put me off watching City away for life lol

72 for me including Scunthorpe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Mine too! It nearly put me off watching City away for life lol
    I did 3 in that promotion season Swindon lost 4 nil
    Hereford lost 3 nil ?
    Shrewsbury lost 2 1 ?
    I know we lost them all I should have known
    We were 3 nil down before I got In at Swindon!

Hereford lost 3 nil ?
    Shrewsbury lost 2 1 ?
    How many Cardiff fans would have been at those three games in 75 ?

77 in the current Football League, obviously, been to a few old and new grounds for various clubs. Only Luton I’ve not been to from the top two divisions, can’t understand that, we’ve played them a few times despite ours and their various promotions & relegations.

Missing the league relative newcomers for obvious reasons but have only been to 8 National League grounds as well as 7 in the National League North and 1 in the National League South ( Barnet).

Hereford lost 3 nil ?
    Shrewsbury lost 2 1 ?
    We lost 1-4 at Hereford & We were 2-0 down at Hereford before I got in.

I’ve been to 87 in total currently, not all with city. I’m missing Brentford’s new ground, Barrow, Stevenage, Hartlepool and Sutton.

If Barrow and Stevenage get relegated and Stockport and Wrexham get promoted I’ll jump up to 89.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We lost 1-4 at Hereford & We were 2-0 down at Hereford before I got in.
    Same here. I thought it was 3-1 away at Shrewsbury but my mind might be playing tricks. Have a vague recollection of Ron Healey throwing a ball to Pethard? at full back, it hitting him and the Shrewsbury forward scoring as a result.

Have a more vivid recollection of arriving and seeing 50 City fans ruining a wedding at a church on the way to the ground as the bride and groom emerged. It's always a challenge to decide whether these were the good old days or not!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How many Cardiff fans would have been at those three games in 75 ?
    I'd say about 5k at Swindon we had fans in all 4 sides of the ground
    Probably 3k at Hereford
    2k at Shrewsbury
    I was only 8 but hooked on football and cardiff city.

I'd say about 5k at Swindon we had fans in all 4 sides of the ground
    Probably 3k at Hereford
    2k at Shrewsbury
    I was only 8 but hooked on football and cardiff city.
    Attendance for Swindon 10,003

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Hea...m=Cardiff_City