+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anybody here been to 92 League Grounds ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anybody here been to 92 League Grounds ?

I’m currently on 79, mainly missing the newer teams, such as Stevenage, Fleetwood, Morecombe etc. I’ve done around 105 grounds in total, if I include ex-league clubs & stadiums now longer used. I’m going to lose Oldham & Scunny but get back Stockport & one other, so will stay on 79 of next years 92.

Grounds I’ve been to most, probably Palace, Burnley, West Brom, Reading, QPR, Preston, Birmingham also Huddersfield

Nearest ground I’ve not been to Exeter

There are 5 or 6 websites & the app is called The92

First Team

Got me counting and I came up to 64.
    However, then had to discount 15 as they no longer exist/ no longer in the league.
    In all honesty not going to add many more to the list as the attraction of slogs up north no longer have any great appeal.
    In all my time the worst ground had to be The Shay that made Somerton Park look like the San Siro.
    The best is tricker and I cannot make up my mind but possibly the news Spurs stadium although this was a non City game.
    Most disappointing are either Old Trafford or Anfield as both a little shabby around the edges at the times of my visit although one has and continues to be overhauled and the other is being prepped for a major facelift.

I have 70 as well though Oldham will drop off.

Almost all with Cardiff though a couple, Newcastle and Newport were unconnected.

Funnily enough the Newport game was when I stayed overnight after visiting my Mum in the Royal Gwent. It was £20 to get in but there was a Hospitality Package offer of a two course meal in the lounge and Stand seat for £30, which I took up.

I was seated on a table of eight and the first guy I got chatting to was from Norwich. It turned out that Rodney Parade was the last ground on his 92. The compere became aware and he was introduced to the rest of the room to recognise his achievement.

Reading, Watford, Palace and Fulham are the most frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    However, then had to discount 15 as they no longer exist/ no longer in the league.
    In all honesty not going to add many more to the list as the attraction of slogs up north no longer have any great appeal.
    In all my time the worst ground had to be The Shay that made Somerton Park look like the San Siro.
    The best is tricker and I cannot make up my mind but possibly the news Spurs stadium although this was a non City game.
    Most disappointing are either Old Trafford or Anfield as both a little shabby around the edges at the times of my visit although one has and continues to be overhauled and the other is being prepped for a major facelift.
    I’ve not had the pleasure of the Old Shay, or the new rebooted ground which apparently is fairly decent.

Northampton Towns County ground was pretty poor from memory, as was Fellows Park and Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I am sure the last time at the Shay Mike England scored.