+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can't you do now that you used to be able to when younger

What can't you do now that you used to be able to when younger

Apart from the usual stuff that comes as you get older one thing for me is heights

Never used to faze me, now getting worse as I get older

Re: What can't you do now that you used to be able to when younger

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Apart from the usual stuff that comes as you get older one thing for me is heights

My job, i am slowing down and i don't like it, especially when i want to speed up, and i can't

Blowing out the candles on the cake!!!! Much like Tuerto though, still thinking I can work at the same pace and bang out as much as I used to. After a tough day now I have trouble with my knees in the evening, arthritis, and cramp in bed whereas years ago, at this time of year, it was finish work very often on a Tuesday & Thursday and straight to play football. After the clocks went forward and the lighter nights kicked in it always a frantic end to the season catching up on postponed league games, latter rounds of cups etc. Now I’m just glad that I don’t play skittles any more, I’m fit for f*ck all when I get in from work. Perfect example, laid a patio yesterday, got home about half three, in the past I’d have been shit, showered & shaved and out for a few pints.......I was in my bed half seven with a cuppa and glad to be there. Youth is wasted on the young, I’m sure it’s not appreciated enough.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Blowing out the candles on the cake!!!! Much like Tuerto though, still thinking I can work at the same pace and bang out as much as I used to. After a tough day now I have trouble with my knees in the evening, arthritis, and cramp in bed whereas years ago, at this time of year, it was finish work very often on a Tuesday & Thursday and straight to play football. After the clocks went forward and the lighter nights kicked in it always a frantic end to the season catching up on postponed league games, latter rounds of cups etc. Now I’m just glad that I don’t play skittles any more, I’m fit for f*ck all when I get in from work. Perfect example, laid a patio yesterday, got home about half three, in the past I’d have been shit, showered & shaved and out for a few pints.......I was in my bed half seven with a cuppa and glad to be there. Youth is wasted on the young, I’m sure it’s not appreciated enough.
    With you, 100%. The worst thing about physical work is that you feel the changes in your body. I can't screed floors anymore, my lower back is in bits afterwards. 10 years ago i was dropping 10 tonne. Knees, elbows and lower back problems, actual pain as opposed to just a bit of stiffness. What else can we do though

Lift heavy weights due to torn artery in neck, run due to torn calves, move very fast in any direction due to vertigo. Basically turned 40 and my health has gone to shite.

Make love as I used to! Might be an embarrassment but it’s true.

Lots of things!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    With you, 100%. The worst thing about physical work is that you feel the changes in your body. I can't screed floors anymore, my lower back is in bits afterwards. 10 years ago i was dropping 10 tonne. Knees, elbows and lower back problems, actual pain as opposed to just a bit of stiffness. What else can we do though
    I find more & more that relaxing is detrimental. We’re having a few more holidays now due to fewer commitments but after a while on a sun lounger if it’s as if my body is saying “What the feck are you doing? You’re supposed to be bending here, lifting this, stretching for that etc”. So many years of active, physical employment has conditioned my body to bastard complain if I’m trying to have a break. Oh well, carry on regardless it is

Virtually everything, especially if it involves moving!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I find more & more that relaxing is detrimental. We’re having a few more holidays now due to fewer commitments but after a while on a sun lounger if it’s as if my body is saying “What the feck are you doing? You’re supposed to be bending here, lifting this, stretching for that etc”. So many years of active, physical employment has conditioned my body to bastard complain if I’m trying to have a break. Oh well, carry on regardless it is
    If i go on holiday it takes me a week to acclimatise to doing nothing. When i just stop i feel lethargic and tired, that horrible tired feeling, really shitty. So i get up early and do a walk, can't really sit on a sun lounger for too long, maybe an hour. I need to keep moving really, or have my mind occupied, i turn into a proper nuisance if i have to sit and do nothing, to the point that i get anxious

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Virtually everything, especially if it involves moving!
    Ditto
    cry:

Sleep through the night without needing to go for a piss at some point.

Get up at 6am to go to the gym and then run 10 miles after work on the same day. Those days are long gone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Sleep through the night without needing to go for a piss at some point.
    I wake up in the night and cane half a pack of chocolate biscuits. One time i took a fab lolly back up to bed with me and it melted all over me, my missus woke up hysterical, thinking i'd been butchered in the night.

On a trivial note rollercoasters. Used to love a theme park when I was younger, have done all the Florida and Californian theme parks and Alton towers Thorpe park , Chessington. As years went by I found more and more rides that just made me feel sick, haven’t been to one in some time now!

Wow i thought it was just me.I can not look at heights even on screen.I used to climb trees to the top and go walking around the Pembroke coast line.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    On a trivial note rollercoasters. Used to love a theme park when I was younger, have done all the Florida and Californian theme parks and Alton towers Thorpe park , Chessington. As years went by I found more and more rides that just made me feel sick, haven’t been to one in some time now!
    Love this, everybody's like "aaargh my back I'm slowly dying" and you're going

"rollercoasters"

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Lift heavy weights due to torn artery in neck, run due to torn calves, move very fast in any direction due to vertigo. Basically turned 40 and my health has gone to shite.
    I forgot, eat any kind of dairy, drink too much caffeine, basically anything that used to bring me pleasure.

Exercise I find slows down the deterioration process. Most days I do a variety of stuff in the gym to try to achieve this, at the same time making many interesting gym buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Exercise I find slows down the deterioration process. Most days I do a variety of stuff in the gym to try to achieve this, at the same time making many interesting gym buddies.
    My advice is as above , do about one hours exercise about four times a week ( walking , running , or cycling ) and eat your final meal about two hours before bedtime.

of course Im finding doing manual work means I have more aches and pains, spent today prep'ing the ground for my " man cave " back is in bits now, but as they say " no pain no gain "

Cracking one off

Takes me an age

It's all thoroughly depressing

Ejaculate with the force of an apollo take off. Nowadays, it's got all the force of an eye dropper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ejaculate with the force of an apollo take off. Nowadays, it's got all the force of an eye dropper.
    Leave it alone for a while

Have the odd evening off

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wake up in the night and cane half a pack of chocolate biscuits. One time i took a fab lolly back up to bed with me and it melted all over me, my missus woke up hysterical, thinking i'd been butchered in the night.
    Took a 'Fab' lolly back to your bed with the missus asleep?

Sounds like a kinky fetish butt.