Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
“Endless anger”? I’ve set out why this does make me angry and the way we’ve played for the last few seasons doesn’t please me either, but I can’t think of much else that angers me about the club. I cannot agree that offering a markedly worse service now than they did in pre Covid days does not offer justification for us piling in as you put it. You say a majority are able to use the internet, which is an admission that there is a minority who cannot or choose not to.

Last summer, those who fell into that category were left with no way of contacting the club and, with the excuse offered by Covid lockdowns not applicable this time, the situation is still not as sympathetic to such people as you would expect it to be. Finally, I can’t agree that others are doing the same is a good enough excuse to try and justify the sub standard service on offer this year.
The endless anger and club bashing thing was aimed at the board in general not you and Splott. Either you misread it or I didn't phrase it as well as I could have, apologies if so.

Funnily enough, I was originally going to say that a majority prefer to use the internet but realised I couldn't back that up so put 'are able to use' instead. Then Dembe put up his message about McDonalds which is a good bit of evidence that I was right in the first place.

In terms of the City, why on earth wouldn't most people want to renew online? Available 24/7 and done in minutes, or phone if there's a problem. Instead of working your way across town to a remote car park, waiting in a queue then finding yourself two feet away from another customer who's shouting down his phone trying to find out his nephew's date of birth. It's a no-brainer for most, surely?

You're right, of course, some people can't use the internet and I'm aware that there can be serious implications in that case, in terms of accessing certain benefits and services for example. However, the club seemed to cover all bases here. Three weeks to renew, if you couldn't do it online or didn't have friends or family who could do it for you then there was a phone option, then the ticket office opened every day last week. What more do you want the club to do? Send staff round to people's houses?

Again I agree with you that just because A and B do something then that doesn't justify C doing it, I was making the point that it seems to be a general trend regarding ticket offices and I'd assume that applies to other sports and venues as online sales increase. I went to Sophia Gardens last week to buy a 20/20 'season ticket'. The receptionist rang the office, passed the phone to me and I purchased it over the phone even though I was standing there. Funny really, it seemed a nonsense to me but the receptionist probably thought I was some kind of dinosaur for turning up in person.

The world is moving on, quickly too, and it's not going to waste much time waiting for people like you and me. You can yearn for the good old days as much as you want but you're howling at the moon I'm afraid.