+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Without being nosey, roughly where were you sat (happy to message you on this, if that's better)? My son and I have been in the same seats in the Family Stand for the past 9 years. Although it's a bit quiet in there and you're too close to the away fans, we have a great view that's three-quarters of the way up, slap-bang in the middle of the goals. Also as Nobody's Rep says above, I've got to know the people sitting around us and it's a nice group. No idiots and plenty of good chat etc.

An error came up on the website last week when I tried to renew, so I called the ticket office. They said that as my son will be 17 in the autumn, we'd have to leave the Family Stand. Paranoid I know, but I wasn't sure if they'd put a note next to my account if I followed the advice of those sat near me who told me to re-register my son's ST in my daughter's name, who is younger. So we've now taken two seats in the Ninian, adjacent to the 18-yard box towards the Canton End. In addition to the extra £80, I too am a bit apprehensive about moving to a new seat, and who will be nearby etc, especially on seeing your "people nearby make it unbearable" comment. The Ticket Office told me I could move seat once the early bird window has closed, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do so once the season starts, even though there will be plenty of spare seats.
    The same happened to us a few years ago although later than 17 for my boy for some reason so we moved to the canton but we are in a great area with good people - not affected by the premiership season either as everyone renewed every season since - good luck in the new seats although if some of the doomsday scenarios are right about low season ticket sales it maybe you are either in a lot of space around you or if you are near idiots then you would probably have choice to move elsewhere

Re: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The same happened to us a few years ago although later than 17 for my boy for some reason so we moved to the canton but we are in a great area with good people - not affected by the premiership season either as everyone renewed every season since - good luck in the new seats although if some of the doomsday scenarios are right about low season ticket sales it maybe you are either in a lot of space around you or if you are near idiots then you would probably have choice to move elsewhere
    Thanks. Someone under the age of 16, at the start of the season, needs to be in the party for a group Family Stand booking. Just realised I'd have saved £31 by taking out an extra ST in my daughter's name! A change is as good as a rest though, so hopefully the new seats will be ok. If nothing else, it gives us a different view. Also as you say, I doubt we'll be packed in like sardines next season......